This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2023-2024 Season

5 minutes ago, pirouette said:

I spent thirty minutes confused on how to purchase tickets. Clicking 'Access Priority Sales' sent me to the informational page without allowing me to actually buy the tickets. When I went to Season & Tickets and clicked to filter By Date, no dates showed up. For some reason, I only got the dates to show up when I logged in with an incognito window.

That seems very odd — especially because tickets are only available at this earlier date for subscribers and members, and your personal login wouldn't have carried over to an incognito window. Hunh.

1 minute ago, nanushka said:

That seems very odd — especially because tickets are only available at this earlier date for subscribers and members, and your personal login wouldn't have carried over to an incognito window. Hunh.

I logged in to my NYCB account with the incognito window so I was still using my account! It just didn't work when I logged in with a regular window. My theory is that it's because my account is also registered for 30 for $30, and usually I can't see future dates other than the shows being performed that week that qualify for the promo. But this doesn't explain why I can view them when logged in with an incognito window. Ah well.

Also, I had a $4 facility fee per ticket. No other fees. Not sure why it's inconsistent with others... 

1 hour ago, California said:

Well, thank you email customer care! I'll paste in the message I got, in case somebody else is experiencing this:

I’m sorry you got caught in our heightened security features that were instituted after the Met’s catastrophic hack. It may have been your purchase & immediate return to purchase more tickets.  The block drops in about an hour, so you should be able to get back in soon. 

Another update. Waited for an hour. Was able to log in and order the rest of the week. But after the last step, I was popped back over to "suspicious activity." Did anything go through? No way to know. Meanwhile, my credit card was charged according to email from my bank. Long wait, and another email from NYCB listing everything I thought I bought and the price - but no PDF tickets. It won't let me back into my account because of "suspicious activity" to confirm that I actually have those tickets. I think it's safe to say the security measures customer care mentioned have some glitches. 

Agree with @cobweb that the site is difficult to use, especially to continue shopping. I usually delicately use the backspace arrow on my browser to get back to the calendar listing. That usually works fine, but perhaps that's what the new security measures consider "suspicious."  But if I buy tickets one at a time and go back for more, that's suspicious! And I've had the experience (although I don't remember if it was  ABT/Met or NYCB) when a seat I picked dropped out of my shopping cart and I had to find another. 

13 minutes ago, California said:

Agree with @cobweb that the site is difficult to use, especially to continue shopping. I usually delicately use the backspace arrow on my browser to get back to the calendar listing.

I've had a similar problem with the site, and one trick I've used in the past is to command-click from the calendar into a new tab, where I then choose my tickets for a given performance; I can then return to the previous tab, which has the calendar still open. Because my login transfers from tab to tab, the system retains each new ticket order for final checkout.

It seems like experiences online varied. What I did was I didn't use incognito mode.  I clicked on double horizontal line icon on the top left (above the ticket icon).  Once clicked, it expanded to show me the different "seasons" I would mouse over it and it would further expand to show me the programs within the season and I would select the program, purchase my ticket, clicked on continue shopping and repeat the process.  At no time did I use the dreaded back arrow.  

I went back in later in the day for online tickets for regular rep shows - not galas or special events.  I had the same experience as cobweb, where a selected seat disappeared out of my cart because the seat was selected by another user  even though I still had time on the countdown clock as I shopped for additional dates.  After that I just bought tixs one at a time.  

I plan to email the box office to request a refund on any handling fees that were charged but should not have been.  

14 minutes ago, abatt said:

I plan to email the box office to request a refund on any handling fees that were charged but should not have been.  

I managed to get back into my account after waiting an hour and there were the tickets I ordered and were charged for. Hallelujah! I went to "manage tickets" to ask that they be sent to my email with the bar code, as no PDFs ever arrived. I made it through one-by-one, with two more left and then got sent the "suspicious activity" message again, so I'll go back later to finish.

However, for those multiple tickets in my account, ordered at one time, each had its own $4.00 Facility Fee and $8.00 service charge. I.e., those fees are per ticket, no matter how you order (singly or together). However, I'm not a subscriber, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I also thought I wouldn't be charged $4 + $8 in fees on each ticket as a subscriber. It was disappointing as that adds up quickly! I purchased tickets for opening night, Russell Janzen's farewell, and the 75th Anniversary. I encountered a few issues on the website, but was solved by just signing out and back in. I did buy them all in one transaction vs. multiple.

Just now, nanushka said:

Where is "manage tickets" located on the site? Thanks!

I logged into my account and went to the section showing what tickets I bought - "Upcoming performances". For each ticket, there's a box to click "manage tickets."  It gives you four choices -- send to email, send to text, add to Apple Wallet, send bar code. But they don't give you the option: send PDFs to my email. What I did get by email was a page with full date/time/location info + a bar code. 

I use GPay, but that isn't an option.

Thanks, @California, for pointing out the "Add to Apple Wallet" option. Last year I found some tickets showed up with a barcode online and I was able to use Apple Wallet, but for some shows there was no barcode and I had to go with a regular paper ticket. I hope this is an option ongoing for all tickets. 

5 hours ago, pirouette said:

By the way, does anyone know if there's a way for subscribers to exchange tickets online? Or is this through phone/in-person only? 

As far as I know it’s only phone or in person. It can be complicated since they have to fit you into the same price tier as your original seat. I usually have to ask about multiple dates before they find an open seat in my price tier. I wouldn’t mind going up a ring but they so often aren’t opening third and fourth rings that isn’t always an option. Then there’s the wait on hold before you even get to a ticket agent. It’s a pain in the neck and honestly sometimes I don’t bother and just give my ticket to a friend. 

I ended up going in person today and they couldn't exchange them for me at the box office and told me to call instead. Apparently it's because they're in the process of printing the tickets. I will make a note to email next time. Thanks for the heads up, Matilda!

8 hours ago, susanger said:

I just got off the phone with the Koch Theater box office. Here’s the story on the priority tickets for September 19 and October 11, the only two dates I was interested in. Only the Orch, 1st, and 2nd Rings are open. I ordered one $50 and one $92 ticket, both in the 2nd Ring. Seems reasonable. Then the sales person told me there would be a $12 service charge on EACH ticket! That’s obscene. I could maybe understand charging a service per order, but per ticket? I’ll take my chances going to the box office in the future.

To close the loop on my ticket purchase, I went back online tonight and was able to easily purchase one ticket each for opening night and the 75th Anniversary and was charged only $4 service fee/ticket. Whatever glitches and/or misinformation that existed earlier in the day when sales first opened seem to have been corrected. I was surprised that there were any tickets, let alone decent tickets, left for these dates and wonder if NYCB will keep the 3rd and 4th Rings closed. How sad that is, if they do.

16 hours ago, abatt said:

Anyone know why Sept 30 at 8PM is not on offer to purchase  at all?

I noticed this too.  Could it be a 'Art Series / Access' performance where the tickets are the same price for all?  Can you help me - I am a NYCB subscriber and patron - but I live in London.  How do you know when THOSE category of performances open for sale?  Your guidance would be much appreciated.  

At the season preview in the spring, they mentioned a performance in which all the tickets would be a certain amount reflecting the 75th anniversary - $19.48 if I remember correctly. I don't remember when they said it would be. It is different from the art series in the winter season. Maybe this could be the one? They said they'd market it carefully, probably with the intention of bringing in new audiences and not existing subscribers/donors.

22 hours ago, cobweb said:

Thanks, @California, for pointing out the "Add to Apple Wallet" option. Last year I found some tickets showed up with a barcode online and I was able to use Apple Wallet, but for some shows there was no barcode and I had to go with a regular paper ticket. I hope this is an option ongoing for all tickets. 

I do this for all ticket regardless of how I wanted my tickets to be delivered.  Go to manage ticket and email a copy to myself.  I would open the email and view the pdf.  I would do a screen shot on the pdf.  Now I have a screenshot of the ticket and I would open the file on my phone to be scanned.  Previous years the Nutcracker ticket was paper only but this year, Print at Home was allowed.  Much better.  

1 hour ago, California said:

Does anyone know why Friday, Feb 23 is not for sale? It's the New  Ratmansky (a week after the premiere), Opus 19 and  Symphony in 3 Movements.

(Apologies if this has been discussed somewhere already.)

It's probably an  Arts Series event, as they usually do those in the Winter Season.