This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2023-2024 Season

12 hours ago, abatt said:

It's probably an  Arts Series event, as they usually do those in the Winter Season.

Abatt, I wonder if you could tell me how to know when those performances go live for sales.  Do NYCB send an email to subscribers/patrons advising such?  Grateful for your kind advice.  

2 hours ago, meunier fan said:

Abatt, I wonder if you could tell me how to know when those performances go live for sales.  Do NYCB send an email to subscribers/patrons advising such?  Grateful for your kind advice.  

I'm also curious about how to get a ticket for Feb 23. I'm looking at that week for a personal visit -- three Symphony in 3 Movements, three new Ratmansky, 1 new T. Peck, another look at Dance Episodes, Ballo - I'd hate to miss the 23rd while I'm in town! I would hope they'd let donors know when it's available!

19 minutes ago, California said:

I'm also curious about how to get a ticket for Feb 23. I'm looking at that week for a personal visit -- three Symphony in 3 Movements, three new Ratmansky, 1 new T. Peck, another look at Dance Episodes, Ballo - I'd hate to miss the 23rd while I'm in town! I would hope they'd let donors know when it's available!

I'm with you, California.  I live (for my sins) in London.  

For the 'Drift' Art Series this past winter, a few weeks before the season started, they sent an email notification letting me know that Art Series tickets were live. We will probably get a similar notification closer to the start of the Winter 2024 season. 

1 hour ago, pirouette said:

For the 'Drift' Art Series this past winter, a few weeks before the season started, they sent an email notification letting me know that Art Series tickets were live. We will probably get a similar notification closer to the start of the Winter 2024 season. 

It makes sense that they don't send advance notice of the Art series to subscribers/donors. I just hope we get the same notice as the public! If anyone on this site notices that the tickets for Feb 23 have gone "live," please do post here.  It sounds like there are (at least) two of us travelling great distances to see performances that week!

Edited by California

Update on the Service Fee charged for tickets during the advance window.  As some members here have noted, some subscribers were charged 8$ service fee per ticket.  I called customer support and will be refunded the $8 per tickets.  However, the Nutcracker ticket was charged the $8 service fee.  The customer care person said that all Nutcracker tickets will have the service fees.  

17 hours ago, nanushka said:

Of those ordering tickets with early access, was the fee supposed to be charged to donors but just not subscribers?

I don't believe fee was supposed to be charged to donors or subscribers. It was a glitch they fixed within a couple of hours.

30 minutes ago, nysusan said:

I don't believe fee was supposed to be charged to donors or subscribers. It was a glitch they fixed within a couple of hours.

Great, thanks for the info! I'm a donor but not a subscriber, so I'll try to call for a refund as well.

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help me.  I just got an email from DTH and was invited to buy a $19.48 discounted ticket for the performance on 30th September at 8pm that had not been available to purchase during the early access ticket sale period.  (I remember someone else asking about the date.)  I went on site to purchase such from the direct link provided and put in the appropriate code but when I brought up the seat map and went to select everything was greyed out.  I wonder if (i) anyone else had success in booking this performance - or (ii) might know when the purchase might become active.  I did wonder (iii) if the fact that I am both a subscriber and a patron discounted me - and the ID on my computer would given this fact away.  I did try to on an incognito window but had the same result.  Any guidance would be keenly appreciated as I would like to buy a ticket to the performance.  Much thanks in advance.  

Edited by meunier fan
5 minutes ago, meunier fan said:

I went on site to purchase such from the direct link provided and put in the appropriate code but when I brought up the seat map and went to select everything was greyed out.

Something is going on with that date, because when I just went to the NYCB calendar, Sept 30 evening does not appear!! The matinee is there, but the evening performance is not even listed. Whatever it is, they really should announce it and/or get this sorted out. 

18 minutes ago, cobweb said:

Something is going on with that date, because when I just went to the NYCB calendar, Sept 30 evening does not appear!! The matinee is there, but the evening performance is not even listed. Whatever it is, they really should announce it and/or get this sorted out. 

Hi Cobweb, 

I couldn't access it either when I signed in and just went on that date - which was nowhere to appear.  It was ONLY available when I clicked on the link that DTH provided in a direct tab marked '$19.48'.  As I said, when I went in and brought up the seat map everything was greyed out.  That was the problem.  

It may be held ONLY for those with a special invitation who are not on their data base.  (That's just a guess on my part.)  

Edited by meunier fan
34 minutes ago, meunier fan said:

I went on site to purchase such from the direct link provided and put in the appropriate code but when I brought up the seat map and went to select everything was greyed out.  I wonder if (i) anyone else had success in booking this performance

I got a similar email yesterday from NYCB Young Patrons with a code to purchase tickets. I clicked the link almost immediately after I received the email and there were still seats available throughout all sections. I was able to get a seat in the orchestra. However, I checked again just now with the same link and it seems like there are only a few seats left and all are in the fourth ring (everything else is greyed out). It might just mean that the show is sold out / close to selling out. 

It seems very odd to limit tickets for a particular performance ONLY to people with a special code. I don't get that at all. Whatever is going on, it seems very disorganized on the part of the box office or whoever is making these decisions!

8 minutes ago, cobweb said:

It seems very odd to limit tickets for a particular performance ONLY to people with a special code. I don't get that at all. Whatever is going on, it seems very disorganized on the part of the box office or whoever is making these decisions!

I honestly thought they would advertise that performance to new audiences since it's only $19.48. Strange indeed. 

I received an email from DTH with a special code for Sept 30th but it didn't work.  Appeared to be sold out.  I have ticket for Oct 1st and have plans for the 30th but was curious if that code had worked because the email from DTH said that this is a special offer from NYCB to DTH members and the offers is good until April 13th.  I though deadline was so long ago, why am I receiving it now from DTH.

FYI, I tried using my DTH email with link to Sept 30th again and this time I was able to get through.  There are quite a few seats up on the 4th ring.  I had already purchased for Oct 1st, hence I didn't buy.  So, keep trying because my code was flakey.  It didn't work earlier but working now.  Perhaps the 4th ring was not opened earlier today and NYCB has opened up  the 4th ring?  I didn't see available seats in the lower rings.

21 hours ago, nanushka said:

Great, thanks for the info! I'm a donor but not a subscriber, so I'll try to call for a refund as well.

I'm a subscriber. I emailed NYCB Customer Service yesterday with the order numbers of the orders where I was improperly charged the handling fee.  I received an email today stating that the handling fees will be refunded to my credit card. 

As it turns out, the service fees are waived only for subscribers, not members:

Thank you for contacting the New York City Ballet. Service fees are waived for current ballet subscribers only. Unfortunately, this does not apply to current members, I'm very sorry. Your order was charged correctly. 

8 hours ago, abatt said:

They are waiting for people to cave and buy the high priced available seating in Orchestra through Second Ring.  That's why they are not selling 3rd and 4th rings. 

That's so true abatt. I admit, I've grown used to playing chicken! I'm fortunate enough to live within walking distance of Lincoln Center and don't mind checking for 3rd ring tickets until the bitter end. I think its a real shame that they don't offer 3rd or 4th ring options for subscribers, but I assume they know what they're doing.