This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2023-2024 Season

3 hours ago, uptowner said:

In the season wrap-up episode of “City Ballet The Podcast” Whelan does talk a little bit about why she chose to program the 75th anniversary season the way she did. I don’t know enough to summarize or comment on what she said, but I still was interested. A lot of the episode is looking back but she and Stafford are also talking about future plans.

https://podcast.nycballet.com

It was fun to hear that they're planning a "dancers' reunion" for opening night.  Should be a hot ticket!

37 minutes ago, California said:

Interesting! I actually wish they would bring back Union Jack! No other company does it and that opening section with all the regiments is really something. Last performed in 2019. I remember an interview long ago that said no other company had requested it, probably because they have 70 dancers on stage at one point! Few companies are big enough to handle that, even with supplements from their schools.

It's not only the cast size.  The costumes must really add up.  And that middle section requires a donkey. 

1 hour ago, Anthony_NYC said:

There is still nothing on the NYCB website or in their brochures about Nutcracker for December 2023. Does anybody know when the schedule will be announced and single tickets are likely to go on sale?

Advance sale for subscribers starts next week on 7/27. Thats for the 23/24 season and 23 Nutcracker so they will have to have the 23 Nutcracker schedule by then, I don't know when tickets go on sale to the general public.

On 7/19/2023 at 2:37 PM, nysusan said:

Advance sale for subscribers starts next week on 7/27. Thats for the 23/24 season and 23 Nutcracker so they will have to have the 23 Nutcracker schedule by then, I don't know when tickets go on sale to the general public.

Thank you! Just what I needed to know.  

On 7/19/2023 at 1:01 PM, Anthony_NYC said:

There is still nothing on the NYCB website or in their brochures about Nutcracker for December 2023. Does anybody know when the schedule will be announced and single tickets are likely to go on sale?

The schedule is up on the website now, you can see it here. In one place it says tickets are available to the general public 9/25 at noon and in another it says 8/7. But that 8/7 says single tickets on sale to the public so I'd bet the Nutcracker tickets go on sale 9/25. You can call the box office to clarify.

Edited by nysusan

I called NYCB ticketing office and ask them when I will be able to buy early single tickets and Nutcracker.  I purchased a Flex 6 shows and was expecting to be able to purchase additional single tickets.  The ticketing person said that this coming Thursday at noon was when I can start purchasing additional single tickets, as well as, Nutcracker.  She said that I should have received email notification by now. I checked my Inbox and the last email from NYCB was back in May, a reminder about the upcoming performance.  Has anyone received email notification from NYCB recently regarding "anything".  

10 minutes ago, Novice123 said:

I called NYCB ticketing office and ask them when I will be able to buy early single tickets and Nutcracker.  I purchased a Flex 6 shows and was expecting to be able to purchase additional single tickets.  The ticketing person said that this coming Thursday at noon was when I can start purchasing additional single tickets, as well as, Nutcracker.  She said that I should have received email notification by now. I checked my Inbox and the last email from NYCB was back in May, a reminder about the upcoming performance.  Has anyone received email notification from NYCB recently regarding "anything".  

I'm a donor, not a subscriber. I got email on July 23 about early access July 27:

As a reminder, NYCB donors and subscribers enjoy priority access to single tickets for the 75th Anniversary Season. This exclusive benefit includes advance ticketing for both 23-24 repertory performances and George Balanchine's The Nutcracker®. Secure prime locations at the best prices, even for in-demand holiday weekends, before we go on sale to the general public.

This is also your opportunity to secure seats for the following in-demand performances, including the recently announced farewell of Principal Dancer Russell Janzen:

• 23-24 Opening Night (SEPT 19)

• Russell Janzen Farewell (SEPT 24)

• Fall Gala (OCT 5)

• 75th Anniversary (OCT 11)

• Spring Gala (MAY 2)

5 hours ago, Novice123 said:

I'm a standard subscriber and donor.  Yes, like others on here, I have received a number of e-mails reminding me that I should receive another e-mail on July 27 with a link to access priority tickets.  I also received a post card in the mail.   I have not received that e-mail yet, but I believe it is only needed if ordering online.

Maybe contact them again, and make sure your e-mail is correct in their system?  

Edited by NinaFan
edit
16 hours ago, NinaFan said:

I'm a standard subscriber and donor.  Yes, like others on here, I have received a number of e-mails reminding me that I should receive another e-mail on July 27 with a link to access priority tickets.  I also received a post card in the mail.   I have not received that e-mail yet, but I believe it is only needed if ordering online.

Maybe contact them again, and make sure your e-mail is correct in their system?  

I called and this time the ticket person said subscribers will receive an email notification tomorrow "only". No advance emails were sent to subscribers.  

1 hour ago, Novice123 said:

I called and this time the ticket person said subscribers will receive an email notification tomorrow "only". No advance emails were sent to subscribers.  

correction. NYCB followed up and they did send notification but my Yahoo search function is buggy and won't show more recent emails.  Not spam but won't show up in search.  This is a yahoo mail issue.

3 minutes ago, Novice123 said:

correction. NYCB followed up and they did send notification but my Yahoo search function is buggy and won't show more recent emails.  Not spam but won't show up in search.  This is a yahoo mail issue.

At least you know you can get your tickets during the priority sales tomorrow.  I hope things work out with yahoo mail though.  I've had so many issues with my provider dumping mail into a spam folder, so I know how aggravating it is!  Anyway, glad things worked out.

26 minutes ago, NinaFan said:

At least you know you can get your tickets during the priority sales tomorrow.  I hope things work out with yahoo mail though.  I've had so many issues with my provider dumping mail into a spam folder, so I know how aggravating it is!  Anyway, glad things worked out.

Thinking of switching to gmail.  Yahoo mail didn't move them to spam.  They are still in the Inbox but they won't show up when I search for them.  It looks like Yahoo can't find anything more recent than May 2023 for some reason.  

Experiences so far in trying to buy tickets on-line for the 2023-24 season -- are others having the same experience?

I managed to buy October 11 and paid for the ticket.

But when I went back to buy the rest of the week, I was told I was in the waiting room for "suspicious activity"! What??? My only activity was paying for Oct 11 to be sure I had that nailed down, as I thought it would be first to sell out. 

How is it going for others?
4 minutes ago, California said:

Experiences so far in trying to buy tickets on-line for the 2023-24 season -- are others having the same experience?

But when I went back to buy the rest of the week, I was told I was in the waiting room for "suspicious activity"! What??? My only activity was paying for Oct 11 to be sure I had that nailed down, as I thought it would be first to sell out. 

The membership office did not process my membership quickly enough to give me access to online purchasing. So they instructed me to call their office and they'd connect me with the box office to purchase by phone. Now I've been on hold for 30 minutes.

Relatedly, the membership office — up until today — has been unreachable by phone. My calls always went to voicemail, with a message saying they're all working from home and would return my call. They never did, nor did they respond to emails, until finally yesterday I got my first response in weeks.

I just got off the phone with the Koch Theater box office. Here’s the story on the priority tickets for September 19 and October 11, the only two dates I was interested in. Only the Orch, 1st, and 2nd Rings are open. I ordered one $50 and one $92 ticket, both in the 2nd Ring. Seems reasonable. Then the sales person told me there would be a $12 service charge on EACH ticket! That’s obscene. I could maybe understand charging a service per order, but per ticket? I’ll take my chances going to the box office in the future.

3 minutes ago, nanushka said:

The membership office did not process my membership quickly enough to give me access to online purchasing. So they instructed me to call their office and they'd connect me with the box office to purchase by phone. Now I've been on hold for 30 minutes.

Relatedly, the membership office — up until today — has been unreachable by phone. My calls always went to voicemail, with a message saying they're all working from home and would return my call. They never did, nor did they respond to emails, until finally yesterday I got my first response in weeks.

I'm sure they are overwhelmed today. I sent email messages to both members and customercare and won't hold my breathe on a response! I'll just have to assume plenty of tickets will remain for fall (other than the anniversary Oct 11 and perhaps opening night, which seem most likely to sell out). Frustrating -- they knew this would be a BIG day and their site can't handle it, apparently.

I got hit with the $8 per tix handling fee, but I  paid up anyway.  I thought subscribers were not charged the handling fee.  Ordered opening night Jewels and the 75th Anniversary gala.

Anyone know why Sept 30 at 8PM is not on offer to purchase  at all?

31 minutes ago, California said:

I'm sure they are overwhelmed today. I sent email messages to both members and customercare and won't hold my breathe on a response! I'll just have to assume plenty of tickets will remain for fall (other than the anniversary Oct 11 and perhaps opening night, which seem most likely to sell out). Frustrating -- they knew this would be a BIG day and their site can't handle it, apparently.

Well, thank you email customer care! I'll paste in the message I got, in case somebody else is experiencing this:

I’m sorry you got caught in our heightened security features that were instituted after the Met’s catastrophic hack. It may have been your purchase & immediate return to purchase more tickets.  The block drops in about an hour, so you should be able to get back in soon. 

47 minutes ago, California said:

I learned the hard way last year to select all my tickets within the allotted time and pay.  Once you'll add the ticket to your cart, it is "safe".  

I managed to get tickets for opening night and the 75th anniversary. The website is not easy to navigate. Once you add a ticket to your cart, even if you click "continue shopping" it's hard to find your way back to the calendar for additional dates. Also the tickets for opening night and the anniversary  appear to be moving very fast. More than once, I clicked on what seemed to be an open seat only to be told it was already taken and I had to refresh the seating chart, then find a seat in the row behind. 

I spent thirty minutes confused on how to purchase tickets. Clicking 'Access Priority Sales' sent me to the informational page without allowing me to actually buy the tickets. When I went to Season & Tickets and clicked to filter By Date, no dates showed up. For some reason, I only got the dates to show up when I logged in with an incognito window. By that time, my first choice seats were gone, but I was still able to secure decent ones for the 75th Anniversary, Russell Janzen Farewell, and Fall Gala (unfortunately can't make it to opening night). No luck calling the box office. 

By the way, does anyone know if there's a way for subscribers to exchange tickets online? Or is this through phone/in-person only?