This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Fall 2014 NY & CA Tours

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

Now it's semi-official, Mik will tour CA & NY this Nov. according to Ardani, the company's agent: http://www.ardani.co...ikhailovsky.php

#2 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

I hope they bring Laurencia!

I believe this is Angelina Vorontsova.

I would rather like to see her, despite all the things said about her during the recent Bolshoi tragedy, because in this video she looks quite lovely and deserving of an audience.

#3 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Laurencia is a very nice ballet, although very Soviet-like, in my personal opinion. It is a bit much at the end when they behead the commander and then break into joyous dance! LOL It actually made me laugh out loud! Subtle it is not!!!! 

But it is a lot of fun. The Mikhailovsky's Flames of Paris is also GREAT! I personally think it is MUCH better than the Bolshoi's version. Much more exciting. 

#4 yudi

yudi

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

Did they say : North or South California?

innocent.gif

Very glad to have opportunity to see the new ballet stars at Mikhailovsky Ballet: Kristina Shapran, Angelina Vorontsova, Oksana Bondareva and others.

See? She is indeed very talented. I feel happy for her to get out from cocoon with chance of flying and shining.
flowers.gif

#5 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

Probably So Cal since Ardani has a long established relationship with OCPAC. When does OCPAC usually announce its new season?

#6 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

Probably So Cal since Ardani has a long established relationship with OCPAC. When does OCPAC usually announce its new season?

Should be soon--I don't remember them ever announcing after the beginning of March, but I suppose it depends on signing the dotted lines for the contracts.  I am assuming it's SCFTA/ex-OCPAC as well due to the Ardani connection. Usually the Mariinsky (Ardani also runs their tours) goes to Berkeley as well on their West Coast runs, so maybe the Mik will do the same, though they may not have quite the drawing power. 

#7 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

Announced yesterday, they will be at SCFTA in November 2014--I think 11-28-11/30--with Flames of Paris. Whether or not that means Flames for NYC, I don't know. I'm just glad it's not Don Quixote (though I would like to see Laurencia too)!!!

#8 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

Here's the LA Times story, with the rest of the season at Segerstrom: 

http://www.latimes.c...y#axzz2uTG3pWiz

Nov. 28-30 is Thanksgiving weekend, an odd time for a major show like Mikhailovsky. Given the airport chaos that weekend, it won't be encouraging for out-of-towners.

The rest of the season:

*ABT: March 3-8, 2015 - The Sleeping Beauty (Ratmansky)

*National Ballet of Spain: April 24-26, 2015

*Eifman Ballet: June 5-7, 2015

The Times story notes that the Koch gift of $2.5 million for SB is a matching grant. I don't recall that his previous gifts were matching gifts that would require a huge fund-raising effort by ABT in addition to their regular fund-raising. 

#9 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,661 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

Alas, the LA Times article is subscription-only access -- did they mention anything about repertory for these events?

#10 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

Alas, the LA Times article is subscription-only access -- did they mention anything about repertory for these events?

That's odd -- I'm not a subscriber. You might try again.

Eifman: West Coast premiere of an American story, F. Scott Fitzgerald’s “Tender Is the Night,” choreographed by artistic director Boris Eifman

Mikhailovsky: Flames of Paris (but the original, not the Ratmansky version)

Spain: no information

#11 tutu

tutu

• PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

Very glad to have opportunity to see the new ballet stars at Mikhailovsky Ballet: Kristina Shapran, Angelina Vorontsova, Oksana Bondareva and others.

Is Shapran at Mikhailovsky now? I thought she went to the Stanislavsky (Polunin's new home) after graduating from VBA

#12 yudi

yudi

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

Is Shapran at Mikhailovsky now? I thought she went to the Stanislavsky (Polunin's new home) after graduating from VBA

Yes, she moved to St. Petersburg to join Mikhailovsky. She is with Altynay Asylmuratova now.

flowers.gif 

#13 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

http://artsbeat.blog...ater/?ref=dance

The Mik is bringing Giselle, Don Q, Flames and a mixed bill to the Koch in Nov.  Supposedly Osipova and Vasiliev are on the roster.

#14 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

Since the Mik engagement is immediately after ABT's fall season, I hope there's no non-compete clause to prevent Vasiliev from performing with the Mik.

#15 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

Casting has been announced already! http://davidhkochthe...moreinfoMB.html

I'm not sure I would bet the farm on those Don Qs with Osipova and Vasiliev!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):