This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

This or that

Sibley or Dowell?

Sibley

In 1974, Arlene Croce wrote:

On opening night, when Des Grieux introduced himself to Manon, he seemed to be saying, "Madame, I am Anthony Dowell. Notice my turns, my perfect developpe into attitude front." And her answer was "If you're Anthony Dowell, I must be Antoinette Sibley. Let's have a Sibley-Dowell pas de deux." And they did.

Haydee or Cragun?

A completely fanciful one, if I may: A cooking lesson from Balanchine or a garden tour from Ashton?
Cooking with Balanchine. (I can't cook. Would he do vegetarian?)

Another fanciful choice: Being able to hear a piece of music through Balanchine's ears or Ashton's?

I prefer Russian cooking to English

Since this game is played incessantly on other message boards, I thought it'd be fun to start this off here.

Who Cares? or Vienna Waltzes?

Two completely different school of technique and approach. Is it possible to compare?

Sorry for the above post, I was answering Canbelto. Must have press the wrong button.....

Vaganova Academy or SAB?

The Pillow, for not even showing a temptation to cave in to commercial pressures. Also for presenting a wide variety of dance groups and making master classes and other educational programs intrinsic to its mission.

Stravinsky Violin Concerto or Symphony in Three Movements?