Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, yukionna4869 said:

The cast from the last run were Bouder/Veyette, Hyltin/Finlay, T. Peck/T. Angle, Fairchild/de Luz, and Lovette/Garcia. 

Thanks for the info yukionna. They're definitely going to need a few new men in the role. I agree with the suggestion above of Huxley and Gordon, and Harrison Ball also seems like an obvious choice. 

Share this post


Link to post

I hadn't seen enough of Aaron Sanz to feel strongly when he was promoted last fall. But what a great sense of comedic timing!

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, cassieallison said:

Besides Reichlen and Mearns who were the previous Lilac Fairies?

I saw Ashley Laracey as Lilac Fairy and liked her very much.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, cassieallison said:

Besides Reichlen and Mearns who were the previous Lilac Fairies?

Savannah Lowery performed the role a few seasons back. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Miriam Miller also did Lilac, I think.

Share this post


Link to post

Think Claire Kretzschmar and Unity Phelan would make good Lilac Fairies.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, DC Export said:

I hadn't seen enough of Aaron Sanz to feel strongly when he was promoted last fall. But what a great sense of comedic timing!

I agree. And Maria K glaring at the make up artist cracked me up. 

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, yukionna4869 said:

I agree. And Maria K glaring at the make up artist cracked me up. 

Yes! And, what a great trailer!

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/10/2019 at 11:26 AM, yukionna4869 said:

Funny trailer for the Sleeping Beauty run:

Thanks for posting this. Not quite sure what I think about it... but Aaron Sanz does look terrifically comedic.

Share this post


Link to post

I got a promotional email from ABT yesterday which featured last year's Harlequinade trailer by Ezra Hurwitz. To me the City Ballet Sleeping Beauty trailer is a howl. Delightfully short, Aaron Sanz is wonderful, but when Maria Kowroski gets out of that Lincoln Navigator like a supermodel arriving for a runway show, it made me laugh out loud.  Her brush-off of the make-up person and then her response to the question were both perfectly done. I think she's hilarious. And there's the heart of the story - right there - what it's all about - in a couple of minutes. I think it's terrific.

 

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, canbelto said:

Think Claire Kretzschmar and Unity Phelan would make good Lilac Fairies.

I would love to see Unity Phelan and those extensions as Lilac Fairy

Share this post


Link to post

That trailer is adorable!

 

I have tickets for both Balanchine programs on the 26th.  It’ll be my first time back in NYC since I moved to Baltimore last year, so I’m looking forward to it.  The evening Balanchine/Stravinsky program will be my first time viewing all of those ballets.   Will be so nice to have my ballet-loving soul restored by a whole day of Balanchine.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Kaysta said:

That trailer is adorable!

 

I have tickets for both Balanchine programs on the 26th.  It’ll be my first time back in NYC since I moved to Baltimore last year, so I’m looking forward to it.  The evening Balanchine/Stravinsky program will be my first time viewing all of those ballets.   Will be so nice to have my ballet-loving soul restored by a whole day of Balanchine.

I can't wait for the season to begin.  I also have tix for the 26th, evening, plus the 24th, and that's just the first week!  It is soul restorative for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/8/2019 at 10:00 PM, nanran3 said:

Agree with everyone else re: Stanley in Apollo.  He will be mesmerizing.

Also glad to see Pazcoguin getting a role in Agon, but Miriam Miller in the principal part?  (Head scratch here). 

Also notice they're casting LeCrone more than Peter had done in the last few years.  

All in all really looking forward to getting back into the theater!!

Miriam Miller has danced the lead in Agon numerous times. She danced it last performance of the spring 2018 season. That and Titania put her on the map as an apprentice, I believe. (Or maybe it was only Titania that she danced as an apprentice).  What’s the head scratch?

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/9/2019 at 9:27 AM, DC Export said:

Anyone know which dancers correspond to parts in Orpheus?

I think this is the order, but someone please correct me if I’m mistaken:

Eurydice : Sterling Hyltin

Orpheus : Gonzalo Garcia

the Dark Angel : Peter Walker

leader of the Bacchantes/Furies : Unity Phelan

after looking at wikipedia, the Furies and the Bacchantes seem to have a different dancers leading them. I saw Orpheus on television in the 70's or 80's but I don't remember the ballet well. I do remember being shocked though. I'm not sure what roles the men dance who follow Phelan. Perhaps one of them is Apollo.

Edited by BalanchineFan

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BalanchineFan said:

Miriam Miller has danced the lead in Agon numerous times. She danced it last performance of the spring 2018 season. That and Titania put her on the map as an apprentice, I believe. (Or maybe it was only Titania that she danced as an apprentice).  What’s the head scratch?

I like to see that role danced by someone really solid with a commanding presence.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/12/2019 at 12:29 AM, wonderwall said:

I wish Laracey would get a shot at Aurora, but I definitely think Woodward would be great.

I know Ashley Laracey has her fans, but she doesn't  project enough for me. She seems kind of small and pretty and bland.

Miriam Miller reminded me of a baby swan in Agon (not incredibly commanding as nanran3 said), but she held the pencheé (when the man falls to his back) so long it showed real guts and determination. I'm interested to see  how she develops. 

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, BalanchineFan said:

 

Miriam Miller reminded me of a baby swan in Agon (not incredibly commanding as nanran3 said), but she held the pencheé (when the man falls to his back) so long it showed real guts and determination. I'm interested to see  how she develops. 

I love that penchee.  Okay, I'll keep my eye out for her... :)

Share this post


Link to post

Wow looks like Ballet Imperial (as I always prefer to think of it) is getting a new look:

 

Share this post


Link to post

I was just getting ready to post this. It's about time! The current costumes are just ... blah, especially the lead ballerina's, which appears to have faded into a, bland, nondescript, and very un-regal kinda pink, kinda peach.

This looks gorgeous. 

Share this post


Link to post
×