This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

2013 Met Season--Pre-Season and General Info(Please post reviews on program-specific threads)

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#316 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

Lincoln Center does not fall within Maloney's district, but ABT's studios and offices probably do, so you're right, Jayne, it's not a bad contact to have.

#317 vipa

vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Lincoln Center does not fall within Maloney's district, but ABT's studios and offices probably do, so you're right, Jayne, it's not a bad contact to have.

The way I look at it having someone in Washington being aware of the arts is a good thing. I'm old enough to remember when funding for the arts was in the public discussion as a good thing. Hard to believe right now.

#318 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Slightly off topic. Shklyarov has been plaza hopping, he was sighted at the Met on Mon. for the Shostakovich Trilogy, at NYCB Tue., and again at the Met on Wed. for Corsaire.

#319 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

Slightly off topic. Shklyarov has been plaza hopping, he was sighted at the Met on Mon. for the Shostakovich Trilogy, at NYCB Tue., and again at the Met on Wed. for Corsaire.

I suspect that he might be in town to rehearse Ratmansky's Cinderella, prior to the filming of that ballet at the Mariinsky II later this month (see Mariinsky playbills for June...two performances of Vishneva/Schklyarov in Cinderella, for filming). Of course, what he does in his own time is his business. Posted Image

#320 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

So, this must mean Hammoudi is injured. Anyone heard anything?

He's currently listed for the 5 July "Sleeping Beauty" with Murphy.

If he's removed from the schedule and/or there's an official source for an update, it can be posted here.

Hammoudi is replaced by Stearns in SB on July 5, per ABT casting sheet updates in the Met lobby.

#321 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hammoudi is replaced by Stearns in SB on July 5, per ABT casting sheet updates in the Met lobby.

The ABT web site calendar has not yet been updated for this. Does the posted casting sheet say anything about Cojocaru's Sleeping Beauty on July 3? That would be her only performance of the season if she makes it.

#322 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

The most recent casting sheet that I saw over the weekend still lists Cojocaru for SB.

#323 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

The Hamburg Ballet has just published a whole bunch of cast changes for June, but Cojocaru's appearances there on June 25 & 30 are still scheduled.

#324 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

The ABT web site calendar has not yet been updated for this. Does the posted casting sheet say anything about Cojocaru's Sleeping Beauty on July 3? That would be her only performance of the season if she makes it.

The casting sheet at the lobby still lists Cojocaru's SB on 7/3 as of last night.

#325 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

Casting info is available on the ABT website re Lilac Fairy and Carabosse casting.

#326 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

Casting info is available on the ABT website re Lilac Fairy and Carabosse casting.

Leann Underwood as Lilac FairyPosted Image

#327 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

Underwood did a wonderful job as one of the Odalisques in Corsaire last week.

#328 vipa

vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

Excellent - now I wish they'd post Blue Bird pas.

#329 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

Excellent - now I wish they'd post Blue Bird pas.

I am expecting Simkin's Blue Bird. Is it too far-fetched to cast Vasiliev as BB? I've seen some old Bolshoi footages where the BB's thighs & legs were as muscular as Vasiliev's

#330 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

Vasiliev as BB is not far fetched at all. In fact, the Ardani website indicates that Vasiliev will perform BB on July 1 (opening night of SB) and July 3. That info has been on the Ardani website for a few months, (No info on whether that means July 3 matinee or July 3 evening.) I'd bet Simkin does BB on July 2. Sometimes Simkin posts his schedule on his website or facebook page. I didn't look there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):