This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Megan Fairchild

43 minutes ago, canbelto said:

Anyway because I feel like I've been watching him dance for quite some time I was surprised to find out he just turned 20 and was only 16 when he joined the company.

Wow, I knew he was young, but I didn't know he was THAT young. I too feel like I've been watching him for a long while. This puts into perspective the baffling question of why he hasn't yet been promoted to soloist. He appears so confident and poised that he could probably (so it appears) manage the pressures of being a soloist at a very young age, but still, there's a good argument for waiting till the person has a few more years. 

10 hours ago, pherank said:

As host, it would have helped for Fairchild to provide a quick(!) rundown of Paul Mejia's history at NYCB, so the uninitiated could be clued in. However, it's not Roman's job to be educating the world on his father's history and 1st marriage. This interview was supposed to be about Roman's career and present situation. And he's obviously not the kind of speaker or personality that is going to spend a lot of time gabbing about the years before he was born - I don't get the sense that he's a budding ballet historian.

It would have been OK to skip the subject completely, but Fairchild says just enough to (probably) confuse some audience members about what is being referred to.

Agreed. Fairchild suddenly mentions his father and "Suzanne" without any explanation or context. I don't know what I would have made of it if I didn't already know the context (that's been an issue with some of the other interviews as well).  

11 hours ago, pherank said:

As host, it would have helped for Fairchild to provide a quick(!) rundown of Paul Mejia's history at NYCB, so the uninitiated could be clued in. However, it's not Roman's job to be educating the world on his father's history and 1st marriage. This interview was supposed to be about Roman's career and present situation. And he's obviously not the kind of speaker or personality that is going to spend a lot of time gabbing about the years before he was born - I don't get the sense that he's a budding ballet historian.

It would have been OK to skip the subject completely, but Fairchild says just enough to (probably) confuse some audience members about what is being referred to.

Pherank - you wrote it better than I did...

Anyway, as much as I enjoy Fairchild's side-gig, I'm just hoping that I'll be able to see her dance on stage again. 

I'm

On 1/27/2021 at 6:02 PM, pherank said:

Conversations with Megan, featuring Edward Villella (!)

I'm sorry Megan didn't ask Mr. Villella about Watermill.  IMHO regardless of what one thinks of the ballet he was superb in it.  And as I recall hearing him say he came back to NYCB to dance it because he didn't have a "proper farewell".  Would have loved to hear about his feelings about the role.

Megan has a conversation with Lucien Postlewaite up. They cover some pretty deep topics, in my opinion. Very enlightening, about human growth, expectations, dealing with adversity and waking up to the possibilities before us. I feel like she's providing a service for humanity, but REALLY entertaining, too.

On 1/27/2021 at 9:36 AM, BalletontheRocks said:

Megan Fairchild posted on her Instagram this morning that she is expecting twins in April: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKjMD1cgmEP/

Congratulations to her! 

Edit: she mentioned in a comment on the post that the twins are both girls 

Great news!!