This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Catazaro Declines NYCB Reinstatement; Ramasar to Rejoin

It is astounding to me that this Waterbury issue is still dragging on. She seems to have stopped directly and publicly attacking everyone except for Ramasar (who did not send her photos but sent Maxwell's). Waterbury brought Maxwell's name into things a day before Maxwell made her statement. It is also stated that Maxwell decided to speak out in response to the recent media attention that has been escalating. I think it was brave for Maxwell to state her truth, and thought she did so clearly and decently. Maxwell is allowed to speak her truth just as Waterbury has had no problem speaking hers. I hope that Waterbury's lawyers are monitoring her social media content because she is getting dangerously close to getting herself into trouble from what I have seen. Harassing Maxwell, name-calling, accusing her of being financially dependent on Ramasar and uneducated seems to be the complete opposite of being supportive of a so-called "victim." She goes as far as publicly talking about nude photos of Maxwell on her Instagram stories. I assume Maxwell did not giver her permission to do so and I do not blame Maxwell for becoming fed up with a situation that I assume she and Ramasar have been dealing with every single day. If Maxwell is telling people that she knew and chose to forgive Ramasar, then that is her right. I hope that both of these young women can find peace at the end of this.

33 minutes ago, Helene said:

It doesn't take more than basic logic and average intelligence to understand that Ramasar is earning a living on Broadway and in the public eye, while Finlay has receded into the woodwork.

Finlay has receded because Waterbury has allowed him to.  She could be calling him out every time she mentions Ramasar's name,   and yet she doesn't.  That's odd.  I'll go there and say it's the old game of Blame the Black Guy,  a venerable classic ploy.  Of course technically Ramasar isn't black.  But being a person of Puerto Rican and Trinidadian heritage,  with dark brown skin,  he's "black adjacent" - he'll do in a pinch.  I believe that racism is driving a lot of the invective hurled his way.   To those who complain that I'm "playing the race card",  well,  that card is in the deck.  To pretend otherwise is to be willfully naive.

As for calling Maxwell a "bitch" and dropping f bombs,  apparently Waterbury doesn't realize that the judge who presides over her case is going to take her immature behavior into account. 

Just now, On Pointe said:

Finlay has receded because Waterbury has allowed him to.  She could be calling him out every time she mentions Ramasar's name,   and yet she doesn't.  That's oddI'll go there and say it's the old game of Blame the Black Guy,  a venerable classic ploy.  Of course technically Ramasar isn't black.  But being a person of Puerto Rican and Trinidadian heritage,  with dark brown skin,  he's "black adjacent" - he'll do in a pinch.  I believe that racism is driving a lot of the invective hurled his way.   To those who complain that I'm "playing the race card",  well,  that card is in the deck.  To pretend otherwise is to be willfully naive.

As for calling Maxwell a "bitch" and dropping f bombs,  apparently Waterbury doesn't realize that the judge who presides over her case is going to take her immature behavior into account. 

Did you watch her latest IG story?  She addressed both points you mentioned.

6 minutes ago, NYCgirl said:

Waterbury brought Maxwell's name into things a day before Maxwell made her statement.

Waterbury brought Maxwell's name into the public when she filed her complaint months ago.  I don't follow NYCB goings on that much and I knew who she was outing.  It was deliberate,  unnecessary and cruel.

Not sure how to link instagram stories since they are temporary, but Waterbury has a story today addressing why she is focusing on Amar and not Chase. She says it is due Chase having left NYC and knowing what he did was wrong, whereas Amar has stayed and not apologized/pretended to be innocent.

Just reporting her words—not my feelings.

I hope this isn't an overly jaundiced view of Ms Waterbury, but it was indicated earlier that she'd wanted Maxwell to come along with her complaint because having a company member join her would strengthen her position that the company was at fault in this. Continually going after Ramasar seems related in my view. Chase has disappeared. Magically not a factor any longer. And I wonder if it's all about money. She was clear the NYCB was the pot at the end of the rainbow for her. Ramasar, 'tho currently on B'way, is still associated with NYCB. I think Waterbury's focus is the company and there might be less passion and more calculation here. Her lawyer might even be encouraging her to make these associations. 

12 minutes ago, On Pointe said:

Finlay has receded because Waterbury has allowed him to.  She could be calling him out every time she mentions Ramasar's name,   and yet she doesn't.  That's odd.  I'll go there and say it's the old game of Blame the Black Guy,  a venerable classic ploy.  Of course technically Ramasar isn't black.  But being a person of Puerto Rican and Trinidadian heritage,  with dark brown skin,  he's "black adjacent" - he'll do in a pinch.  I believe that racism is driving a lot of the invective hurled his way.   To those who complain that I'm "playing the race card",  well,  that card is in the deck.  To pretend otherwise is to be willfully naive.

I'm sorry, but THIS COMMENT is what is racist.

And suggesting anyone needs a psych eval, unless you're a mental health professional who has evaluated that person, is armchair psychology and very irresponsible.

Alexandra Waterbury hasn't, in my opinion, handled herself in the best way on social media. But there are no perfect victims. Alexa Maxwell has my admiration for her bravery in making a statement. This has to be a difficult time for them both, and it is unfortunate that they men they are/were with put them in this position. 

1 minute ago, Villette said:

I'm sorry, but THIS COMMENT is what is racist.

And suggesting anyone needs a psych eval, unless you're a mental health professional who has evaluated that person, is armchair psychology and very irresponsible.

Alexandra Waterbury hasn't, in my opinion, handled herself in the best way on social media. But there are no perfect victims. Alexa Maxwell has my admiration for her bravery in making a statement. This has to be a difficult time for them both, and it is unfortunate that they men they are/were with put them in this position. 

This. So much this. I've worked with many kids who were the victims of horrifying abuse and one of the most difficult things about it is how many of them act out in self destructive ways and continue a pattern. BUT THIS DOESN'T EXCUSE THE ABUSE THEY ENDURED. 

People want Ms. Waterbury to be the perfect victim. But they don't exist, and society's search for perfect victims only leads to victim-blaming and horrifying rape apology. For the last time. Victims are often very messed up people, but that doesn't mean they weren't abused.

17 minutes ago, On Pointe said:

No,  people expect Waterbury to act like an adult,  not an overwrought teenager.

That's misogynistic. Women are always held to higher standards of behavior than men. You could say people expect 38 year old guys not to act like 13 year olds who discovered "girls' boobies" for the first time while looking at their Playboy mag stashes. 

Edited by canbelto
Just now, canbelto said:

That's misogynistic. Women are always held to higher standards of behavior than men. You could say people expect 38 year old guys not to act like 13 year olds who discovered "girls' boobies" for the first time while looking at their Playboy mag stashes. 

Another thing: Alexa Maxwell says she's been with Amar Ramasar for five years. However Amar was married to Elysia Fridkin until 2016. Do the math.

Yes..this...let's not forget how this whole mess started.  

53 minutes ago, canbelto said:

As I said, this is just the way girls fight. I deal with it every day.

What is unfortunate about this is that it does not seem to be "girls fighting", but just Waterbury. Maxwell doesn't seem to be calling Waterbury names, calling her a "bi***", talking about her nude photo's publicly on her social media, and telling her that she is in "denial". She did mention the phone call between them, which is speaking from her experience. Waterbury is recklessly Instagram shaming another woman while Maxwell is saying, "It is not my mission to diminish the feelings of Alexandra's". Just a thought and something to think about.

5 minutes ago, NYCgirl said:

What is unfortunate about this is that it does not seem to be "girls fighting", but just Waterbury. Maxwell doesn't seem to be calling Waterbury names, calling her a "bi***", talking about her nude photo's publicly on her social media, and telling her that she is in "denial". She did mention the phone call between them, which is speaking from her experience. Waterbury is recklessly Instagram shaming another woman while Maxwell is saying, "It is not my mission to diminish the feelings of Alexandra's". Just a thought and something to think about.

Waterbury has been accusing Maxwell and Ashley Hod of making fake Twitter names and harassing her via Twitter. Which is, in my experience, another depressing part of the way girls fight nowadays.

I want to say that I think the abuse heaped upon Maxwell IG is over the top, and it's very ugly. People are calling her "selfish cow" and other nasty stuff. And Waterbury seems to be encouraging it. And I admit, it's not pretty. But I've seen enough girl fights to know that this is all familiar to me. The fake twitter accounts, the social media "takedowns," the nasty comments. It's not pretty. Girls I've taught have dropped out of school because of social media fights/bullying/harassment. 

But it's the new reality of how girls fight.

Edited by canbelto
11 minutes ago, canbelto said:

This.

6 hours ago, On Pointe said:

Finlay has receded because Waterbury has allowed him to.  She could be calling him out every time she mentions Ramasar's name,   and yet she doesn't. 

Nothing to picket.  No union going to arbitration to have him reinstated.  No making a living in any public way.  No girlfriend who's broken with her definition of solidarity, since she was the girlfriend.  No one defending him based on race, regardless of what he did.

Longhitano has been kicked out of the club, back to obscurity where he belongs, and Europe a long way to go to picket Catazaro.

3 minutes ago, Helene said:

Nothing to picket.  No union going to arbitration to have him reinstated.  No making a living in any public way.  No girlfriend who's broken with her definition of solidarity, since she was the girlfriend.  No one defending him based on race, regardless of what he did.

Also: as the amended complaint makes clear, Chase Finlay had/has an ongoing substance abuse issue. It's my experience that anger towards loved ones who are addicts tends to dissipate over time. It's not them talking, it's the disease. Waterbury in her IG stories seems to pity Finlay which is understandable if his substance abuse issues are as bad as they seemed in the complaint.

59 minutes ago, Helene said:

No one defending him based on race, regardless of what he did.

In case you're referencing what I wrote,   I'm saying that some of the abuse sent Ramasar's way has racist undertones.  That is not the same as defending him based on race.

But now that you mention it,  perhaps the rich blond guy from Connecticut with the substance abuse problem is being defended because of his race.  Apparently some believe he acted the way he did because of "affluenza".  Let's all just forget that he was the instigator of this mess because he said he was sorry.

I missed anyone defending Finlay at all.  canbelto suggested that Waterbury might pity him because he is/was a user.  Which is a different thing than defending someone's behavior.

Since he comes from a wealthy family, at least according to newspaper coverage, that usually means an extensive network to draw upon in creating a new life, and also the option not to work, which makes it easy to fly under the radar.

40 minutes ago, cubanmiamiboy said:

I don't have IG, so I'm a bit behind the lines here, but....is Waterbury a "girl"...? How old is she ...?

Alexandra Waterbury is a woman. I believe she is now 22 years old. She is suing NYCB, SAB, two former principal dancers (Chase Finlay and Zachary Catazaro), current principal dancer Amar Ramasar (on leave to play Bernardo in West Side Story), and former donor Jared Longhitano. There are a ton of posts on this board about this, going back to around September 2018.  There are also a lot of newspaper articles about the case, especially in The NY Times , if you want to know more about it. Briefly, she has accused Finlay, her former boyfriend, of taking photos without her knowledge and consent, sharing them with others, including Ramasar and Longhitano, and NYCB and SAB of being co-liable for the men’s behavior. 

Edited by FPF
Adding

Well people are leaving a lot of abusive comments on Alexa Maxwell's IG :( That's not cool. I do think Ms. Waterbury should tell her followers to stop leaving abusive messages on Maxwell's IG. This social media harassment and bullying is so prevalent nowadays in the age of these online "takedowns." 

ETA: one of the curious parts of the nude sexting scandal is that the men involved in this really acted like 13 year old "omg! boobies!" pubescent boys. Whereas in the dance/theater world with the quick changes nudity backstage is just an everyday reality. I was once given a backstage tour of a long-running Broadway show and was shown the place where the "quick changes" take place. It was this tiny crowded place behind the set onstage and clothes were thrown everywhere. 

So I don't know what exactly they were thinking was so titillating about naked bodies, considering their jobs allow them to see people in various stages of undress everyday.

Edited by canbelto

Have been out of commission for a bit and just trying to catch up reading the thread, saw the Waterbury IG someone posted up-thread, there's a short video of her protest and she seems laughing as if this was a joke? I might be wrong about her laughter but IMHO this shouldn't be a laughing matter, this is a somber issue for all involved. This should never have happened to begin with, I might seem conservative sounding but this world of social media with young people is crazy, just think of pre-cell phones?! There is a saying even among college administrators, if you don't want anyone to see bad images of you never have them taken! Even college admissions have ways to find them. "Sharing" seems so prevalent in this new age, and sometimes not in a good way. 

Then, there is the part if any person wish to show their privates to their partners, that should be between them, since now that her images are out and she is suing I would think it is more mature to let the powers that be, the court system, to address her issues. Her own vendetta should be addressed with her lawyer(s) and to the court. It would be different if all involved have been proven guilty. This action of protest to destroy a person's career while the case seems to be still pending won't do well to help her case, this might even work against her case as it seems borderline harassment towards a possible innocent secondary party. And, if she is focusing on Mr. Ramasar due to his location then even more so, especially since Finley is the direct connection.

Anyway, back to the crazy world of the Senate and our country 😱