abatt

NYCB 2018-2019 Season

Just now, abatt said:

Prices are increasing for next season.  I see that the lowest  priced ticket is now $35 plus facility fee.  For the past few seasons the lowest price point was $30 plus facility fee.  It appears that every ticket price point has increased.

Looks like the interim AD's really like Bigonzetti.  In addition to bringing back Oltremare, they are also reviving his In Vento. 

29 to 30 to 35?

ABT 360 to 480?

It is like college rates of inflation

It makes sense to raise the price of the lowest priced tickets, although in the aggregate I'm not sure that price increase really amounts to much in terms of the company's overall financial health.  However, in the past I've seen many, many NYCB programs on tdf, so they have trouble selling the high priced tickets for many programs.  Increasing the prices doesn't seem to make sense for  the higher priced tickets.  Oh well.  I guess even more tickets will end up on tdf or at the half price line across the street at the Atrium.

Too bad. I almost only ever go for the cheapies at nycb.   Even half price expensive tickets are too exp

I just noticed that Union Jack is no longer listed for Spring 2019!   My 2018/2019 subscription book has Union Jack listed for four performances, but NYCB’s website has Tschaikovsky Suite No. 3 replacing all of the Union Jack performances.  

7 minutes ago, NinaFan said:

I just noticed that Union Jack is no longer listed for Spring 2019!   My 2018/2019 subscription book has Union Jack listed for four performances, but NYCB’s website has Tschaikovsky Suite No. 3 replacing all of the Union Jack performances.  

Thank you for noting that. I love Union Jack and I was excited to see it listed when the 18/19 schedule first came out. But then when I checked the schedule online recently and didn't see it I figured it was a major case of wishful thinking on my part. Now I know that I am not delusional, so thank you for that!

Its certainly disappointing that they've dropped it, but it still looks like a really great season.

Wow, that is really disappointing. I was very excited to see Union Jack, which I have not seen nearly enough and which I find thrilling. 

nysusan and cobweb - I love Union Jack too, and I actually screamed when I saw it on the schedule.  I was already planning out some of my ballets for next year, but couldn't find Union Jack on the online schedule.  Since I sure it was mid May, I grabbed the hard copy of the schedule, and realized they'd pulled the ballet.  I'm sure there are going to be many more people who are equally upset. 

I imagine it is very expensive to put on. The wardrobe budget must be huge (first section). I don’t know how much it costs for the pony, but there’s that. Plus to pull off the first section well must demand a ton of rehearsal time. 

4 minutes ago, cobweb said:

I imagine it is very expensive to put on. The wardrobe budget must be huge (first section). I don’t know how much it costs for the pony, but there’s that. Plus to pull off the first section well must demand a ton of rehearsal time. 

I remember a guide explaining that at the max there are something like 80 dancers on stage at the same time -- and no other company has ever asked permission to perform, most likely because so few companies have that many dancers!

Posted (edited)

Too bad since i already ordered a ticket for it on May 23!

Edited by DanielBenton

On 5/26/2018 at 6:55 AM, DanielBenton said:

Too bad since i already ordered a ticket for it on May 23!

I would hope that they would let you exchange the ticket.  I realize that casting and programs are subject to change, but this was only published a little over a month ago. 

My first goal was to see the Brahms-Schoenberg; and Tchaikovsky Suite No.3 is good too, so I am not bereft.