Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

The discussion about the cancellation of "The Rite of Spring" is here:
http://balletalert.i...rite-of-spring/

#167 solo

solo

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

A very encouraging news today from the leading information agency INTERFAX.
According to the Chief Physician of the Moscow hospital No. 36 A.Mitichkin, Sergei Filin feels well, is undergoing the completive treatment and is preparing for discharge from the hospital. The doctor added that ‘Sergei Filin hasn’t decided yet whether he will spend the night from Sunday to Monday at home or will travel to Germany immediately after his discharge from the hospital on Monday.’

http://www.interfax....s.asp?id=288339

#168 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

Filin says he is certain that he knows who is behind the attack on him:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...//arts//2131870

I don't expect you to name any names, but do you have an idea who could have done this?

Yes, I not only have a suspicion about who did this, but I'm absolutely certain I know who did this. But I will only speak about this when investigators are ready to announce this.

#169 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

Filin has gone to Germany for further treatment:

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../europe/2139172

The Bolshoi Ballet's artistic director, badly injured in an acid attack last month, has left hospital in Moscow for further treatment in Germany.

Wearing sunglasses, a hat and a bandage under his neck, Sergei Filin told reporters he would feel "great, if only my eyes could see a bit better".

He will undergo treatment in Germany to try and save his eyesight.

#170 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

Last night's 'Rossiya24' TV newscast (Russian lang.) included an 8-minute piece on Filin's progress. The reporter conducted a one-hour interview with Filin, which will be shown in its entirety at a later date. Bits were shown last night, including the female reporter stating that Filin said that (as reported above in the BBC.co.uk piece, post 168) he knows exactly who is behind this and (new) that he is 'absolutely certain' that Tsiskaridze was not involved, and regrets that Tsiskaridze has been the object of so much suspicion in the local media.

IMO, from what I saw, Filin looks amazingly good, considering what he's gone hrough. His face was fully exposed and he is definitely recognizable, often showing a big smile. His entire head was covered by a white-mesh cap, similar to an old-style bathing cap.

Edited to add:
I found the bulk of the Rossiya24 segment on YouTube. Mention of what Filin told the reporter about Tsiskaridze at approximately the 7.10 mark :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhmczPa3lmc

#171 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

This story from AFP (in English) gives further clues, with Filin linking the attack on him with that against Gennadi Yanin a couple of years ago:
http://ph.news.yahoo...-075326253.html

From the above -
He linked the attack on him to the case of former Bolshoi ballet director Gennady Yanin, who in 2011 was forced to quit after a smear campaign in which photographs showing him apparently engaged in gay sex were posted on a website.
"I think it is quite a serious aftermath of the incident that happened with Genanady Yanin when he was at the Bolshoi Theatre," Filin said, saying he believed the attackers struck after failing to find similar compromising material on him.

#172 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

How great to see Fillin's progress and in such good spirits. Good for him and wishing him the fastest and fullest of recoveries.

#173 Cygnet

Cygnet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

...IMO, from what I saw, Filin looks amazingly good, considering what he's gone hrough. His face was fully exposed and he is definitely recognizable, often showing a big smile. His entire head was covered by a white-mesh cap, similar to an old-style bathing cap.

I'm ITA with you. I was very worried that he would be permanently disfigured, but thankfully that isn't the case.
RT has also posted an update. Get well soon Sergei Posted Image! http://rt.com/art-an...i-director-369/

#174 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

That's very good to hear and see that he is doing well. He looks much better than I anticipated. I am also happy to hear that he does not believe Tsiskaridze is involved, and is helping to clear his name. I think it seems fairly obvious that the attack on Yannin is probably by the same person, though Filin does not appear to be fading away in the same way Yannin did, as the attackers probably hoped.

#175 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,139 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

His face looks amazing for someone whose attacker tried to destroy him. Let's hope his eyesight continues to recover.

#176 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

What does "ITA" mean?

#177 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,139 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

ITA = "I totally agree," but I think, as used, it meant "in total agreement."

#178 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Have we started using abbreviations?

#179 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,139 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

In general, no, but due to common usage, sometimes they slip out as part of other writing. I can't tell you the number of times I wrote "ETA" and had to go back and change it to "Edited to add."

I do promise to make any post that reads, "R u going to SL?" invisible, unless it's from another kid in the Welcome thread that announces that she's here to learn about pointe shoes.

#180 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,239 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

In general, no, but due to common usage, sometimes they slip out as part of other writing. I can't tell you the number of times I wrote "ETA" and had to go back and change it to "Edited to add."

I do promise to make any post that reads, "R u going to SL?" invisible, unless it's from another kid in the Welcome thread that announces that she's here to learn about pointe shoes.

How about DQ, PDD, SB, IMO, D&A, R&J, BT, BA, RB, LOL etc...? Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):