2013 Met Season--Pre-Season and General Info(Please post reviews on program-specific threads)

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#121 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

.....Hammoudi and Seo in Swan Lake......

Now THIS will be amazing!

#122 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

I'm kind of surprised that they gave the super tall Semionova Juliet. If they are now willing to have tall girl Juliets, why not give it to Part? Looks like Julie Kent has no plan to retire in 2013. Why is Max still listed on the roster? He has not danced at ABT in a long time.

#123 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

Looks like Julie Kent has no plan to retire in 2013.

I was intrigued by her R&J on Saturday, 6/15 with Bolle -- her last performance of the season. I wonder if that might be planned as a retirement performance. She's not cast in any Swan Lake's or Sleeping Beauty's later in the season.

#124 vipa

vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

I'm a little surprised that Alina Cojocaru is doing Swan Lake. I'm glad that Sarah Lane is finally getting another Sleeping Beauty.

#125 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

I'm holding out hope that the Sat., June 22 matinee (now shown as 'TBD') may be Misty Copeland's debut as O-O. I'm a bit surprised and miffed that Misty -- an amazing jumper and spitfire personality -- didn't get a Kitri (DQ) or Sylvia.

#126 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

I think the Sat matinee of SL will be Osipova and Gomes. I also think that Muntagirov may end up as Gillian's partner for SL, since he appeared last season in the ABT Swan Lake. Alternatively, I notice that Dvorovenko's only role this season is Onegin. What's up with that? Maybe they will give her the TBA SL.

#127 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

So Misty's only 'major' role in a full-length classic is Gulnare...which is the #2 female role? Has Misty ever starred in the #1 leading role of a full-length classic? I'm hoping-against-hope that we will finally see Misty lead a full-length, evening-long classical ballet next season.

Maybe Misty needs to change her name to Coplanovskaya.

#128 Rosa

Rosa

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

So Misty's only 'major' role in a full-length classic is Gulnare...which is the #2 female role?

Don't forget her Gamzatti debut last season, too.

#129 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

So Misty's only 'major' role in a full-length classic is Gulnare...which is the #2 female role?

Don't forget her Gamzatti debut last season, too.

Again, the #2 lady in a full-length Petipa-era ballet.....the Two Gs. How about Nikiya and/or Medora?

#130 ABT Fan

ABT Fan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

I think Misty would make an excellent Kitri. Any suggestions for her Basilio?

I am impatiently waiting for Sarah Lane to be cast as Juliet - I think she would be incredible. Glad she has another Aurora coming up and some ppd's. But, is she following in Stella's footsteps to be a soloist forever?

Speaking of, Stella and Sascha don't appear to have been cast much in the Spring, although some casting, say for Symphony C, hasn't been announced yet.

Anyone know why Kristi Boone hasn't been dancing much for awhile? I assume she's been injured but I haven't heard. Her Siren in Prodigal Son a few years back was fantastic.

Hooray for Cornejo getting Albrecht!

#131 cobweb

cobweb

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

What an unimaginative, uninteresting season and casting. I'm glad they're bringing Sylvia back, and I'll be curious to see how they manage Symphony in C, but otherwise there's not a whole lot that piques my interest.
As for Kristi Boone, I don't know if she's been injured, but I kind of assumed that for whatever unknown reason, she is simply not favored by the artistic staff. Indeed amazing in Prodigal Son, she now seems relegated to roles like Bathilde in Giselle. Misty Copeland too would be great in so many things, but time is dragging on and it doesn't seem to be happening.

#132 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

Speaking of Kristi Boone - I wonder what her husband Isaac Stampas has been doing since leaving ABT. Does anyone know?

#133 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Maybe Misty needs to change her name to Coplanovskaya.

And Stella needs to change her name to Abrerova.

#134 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

On the plus side, however, this is the long-awaited Year of Veronika Part.

#135 Rock

Rock

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Isaac is in med school. He hopes to become an anesthesiaologist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):