This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT Fall 2019 NY season

Since Calvin is dancing Apollo at Vail, I'm really hoping he'll get to perform it this fall season. He and Herman are who I most want to see as Apollo. Way back in 2016, Herman was supposed to dance Apollo with Isabella, Tiler and Misa for City Center's fall for dance. Herman had to pull out due to injury so Robbie stepped in. While happy to see Robbie's Apollo, I was also disappointed to miss Herman. I'd love for his 20th anniversary to include Apollo with Sarah, Skylar and Isabella. (Please no Misty.) 

27 minutes ago, Fleurfairy said:

When will casting go up? Does anyone remember from last year? 

Frustrating that nothing is posted yet on casting. Friends above a certain level can buy tickets starting this Thursday. General public sales start Monday, 7/22. Casting for new Tharp pieces always seems to be very last minute, but I was hoping that they'd at least decide on T&V and Apollo, to decide if it's worth a trip I can work in.

On 6/27/2019 at 4:32 PM, ABT Fan said:

Yep. I remember seeing it at Avery Fischer Hall (when they held one Fall season there in 2009) with Maria Riccetto and Jared Matthews.

I think Boylston also danced No Assembly Required (while still in the corps) although I thought I saw it at City Center.

In terms of Balanchine, I'm happy with anything except Prodigal Son and Fancy Free, which I've seen too much.

(And yet I have very special memories of a Vishneva/ Corella Tchaicovsky Pas that just can't be matched by the current squad.)

12 hours ago, DeCoster said:

(And yet I have very special memories of a Vishneva/ Corella Tchaicovsky Pas that just can't be matched by the current squad.)

Are you sure that it wasn't Reyes/Corella?  Or another possibility Herrera?  Not that I doubt your memories, but I don't remember Vishneva dancing at any of ABT's Fall seasons.  But someone please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.  Guess I could start going through my playbills but it's not worth it.....

Edited by NinaFan
typo
59 minutes ago, NinaFan said:

Are you sure that it wasn't Reyes/Corella?  Or another possibility Herrera?  Not that I doubt your memories, but I don't remember Vishneva dancing at any of ABT's Fall seasons.  But someone please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.  Guess I could start going through my playbills but it's not worth it.....

ABT has performed Tchai Pas during spring seasons at the Met as well. Not sure if Vishneva ever danced it there though.

49 minutes ago, nanushka said:

ABT has performed Tchai Pas during spring seasons at the Met as well. Not sure if Vishneva ever danced it there though.

Yes, that makes sense.  My guess is that they danced together at the MET.  My brain was working on fall seasons....

8 minutes ago, mille-feuille said:

I'd go out of my way to see that! Of the ABT dancers, Brandt is the first to come to mind for Tschai Pas. I'd also be interested to see what Hurlin could do with it, and Lane.

Yes to all of those ladies. Also Shevchenko.

Box office opened today but there are no cast listings. Does anyone know if and when those will be posted? Not that the cast listed will still be the same dancers in October as announced in July or August! I am hesitant to buy tickets until I know who is expected to dance. 

1 hour ago, CTballetfan said:

Box office opened today but there are no cast listings. Does anyone know if and when those will be posted? Not that the cast listed will still be the same dancers in October as announced in July or August! I am hesitant to buy tickets until I know who is expected to dance. 

It last year is anything to go by, it was announced at the end of August.   Like you, I'm also hesitant to buy tickets until casting is out.

If you have ordered tickets (which went on sale on-line Monday) and have not yet received your print-at-home tickets, it seems their system is broken. Write to customercare@davidkochtheater.com with your e-mail receipt and they'll either hold your tickets at the box office or mail them through US mail.