This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Afternoon of a Faun: Tanaquil Le Clercq

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

I also saw this on PBS the other night. Pretty good. I enjoyed the dance segments, but not, as Jack Reed has already noted, the voiceovers that often continued all the way through them, so much so that  regardless of their value as observations I began to wish I could just hiss “Shut up!”

Sometimes it's not up to the film director and producer to air the footage uninterrupted. When the permission to use the footage is granted, it may attach a condition that the footage be adulterated, i.e. with voice over.

#47 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

Just as an aside, if you recall that Leclercq mentioned the Georg Jensen company naming a design after her -

https://www.antiquec...sen - Stainless

#48 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,474 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

I also saw this on PBS the other night. Pretty good. I enjoyed the dance segments, but not, as Jack Reed has already noted, the voiceovers that often continued all the way through them, so much so that  regardless of their value as observations I began to wish I could just hiss “Shut up!”

Sometimes it's not up to the film director and producer to air the footage uninterrupted. When the permission to use the footage is granted, it may attach a condition that the footage be adulterated, i.e. with voice over.

Very true, mussel.Possibly it wasn't a director's choice. As a viewer, I can still whine about it, though.:) It really was detrimental in this case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):