This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

The littlest, newest Ballet Talker!Congratulations, Estelle, Philippe and Alice Claire Rose!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Estelle

Estelle

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:21 PM

Just want to say thanks. I will be in Paris in a few weeks, and may have a chance to see La Fille Mal Gardee. Online tickets are only offered in the top price category, and as the only performance is on our day of arrival (after an overnight flight) I don't want to risk spending lots of money and then being too sleepy to enjoy the ballet. Thanks to these tips, I know what to expect. What a great resource you all are!

Treefrog, I do hope that you'll get a ticket for that performance- and I also hope that you will tell us about it ! I wish I could attend a performance of that production (especially as there haven't been opportunities to see any Ashton in France for years), but as I'm due to have a baby in about one week at most, it's not exactly the easiest moment to travel ;-)

#2 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:17 PM

CONGRATULATIONS, ESTELLE!!!! I hope all goes well and that you and the baby are happy and healthy. Your former pages and pages of information were the first ballet resources I ever found on the web, back about 10 years ago. I've felt as if I owe you much gratitude.

#3 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:44 AM

Yes, congratulations! :clapping: Do let us know more when there is more to be known. I am happy for you!

P.S. It occurs to me that you were getting married the summer I last visited France. Would you like me to let you know the next time I plan a trip, so you can get ready for the next Life Event, whatever that might be?

#4 cygneblanc

cygneblanc

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:01 PM

Congrats Estelle, :blushing: All the best for you, your husband and your baby !

#5 Grissi

Grissi

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:35 AM

I want to join these congratulations. Maternity is incredible (I have a seven months baby). Enjoy it!!!

#6 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:00 AM

I heard from Estelle's husband Philippe today.

On June 12, 2007 at 23:50, Alice Claire Rose Bruhat-Souche was born. She weighs 3.2 kg and measures 49 cm (*) The mother and baby were just fine when I left them this morning. :-)

Now I know on which side to put the buttonholes on the baby sweater (knit faster, knit faster!!!)

#7 cygneblanc

cygneblanc

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:58 AM

:clapping: again ! :thumbsup:

#8 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:27 PM

How wonderful to hear GOOD news for a change!

Health and Happiness to all. :thumbsup: :clapping:

#9 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:37 PM

Congratulations to Estelle and Philippe! :flowers:

#10 Alymer

Alymer

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:56 AM

Yes.congratulations and every good wish for the future to all members of the Bruhat-Souche family. I hope especially that mother and daughter are doing well.

#11 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,419 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:07 AM

Of all the threads I didn't sign up for notification on -- I missed that Estelle has become a mother :flowers:

Welcome Mlle Bruhat-Souche! May you bring happiness and joy to your parents. And like Aurora, we hope you will join us in 16 years, and we look forward to your first post. :flowers:

#12 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:27 AM

I'm exercising Droit de seigneur and splitting this off so people will know the good news.

(I'm at the second sleeve. Knit faster . . . )

#13 Renata

Renata

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:08 PM

What wonderful news!!! Welcome to Alice Claire Rose and all best wishes to her parents.
Renata

#14 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:29 PM

Alice Claire Rose---she sounds like a Princess already :flowers: Best wishes to the happy family.

#15 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:26 PM

Felicitations Estelle et Philippe!!!! :) :clapping: :clapping:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):