DeborahB

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:23 AM

My vote is for Roberto Bolle.

:lol:

Peter Martins in his youth (actually he's still quite handsome).

And, my favorite male dancer (ever) -- the gorgeous Jock Soto.

Others:
Gonzalo Garcia (stunning up close)
David Hallberg
Damien Smith
Tyler Angle
Edwaard Liang! (very handsome)
Chris Wheeldon
Adrian Danching-Waring
Amar Ramasar
Albert Evans
Peter Boal
(and the aftermentioned Nicolaj, Ethan, Angel, etc.)

#183 kdubzz

kdubzz

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

Jonathan Cope, Edward Watson (I like the Brits:)) and I recently noticed that Jiri and Otto Bubenicek are handsome as well!

#184 bcash

bcash

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:33 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mathieu Ganio. Too cute and such a classically elegant dancer.

Mathieu Ganio Proust Ballet

Ganio on Flickr

#185 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

Oh, yes! And welcome to BalletTalk, bcash.

#186 Ray

Ray

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:52 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mathieu Ganio. Too cute and such a classically elegant dancer.

Mathieu Ganio Proust Ballet

Thanks for the clip. Beautiful dancers, but I find the choreography to be clunky, pretentious, and sometimes just silly (OOF, right in the crotch!--a thing from the past best left unremembered). And can we call for a moratorium on hugging in pas de deux, straight, gay, or otherwise?

#187 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:48 AM

And can we call for a moratorium on hugging in pas de deux, straight, gay, or otherwise?

I think we need to start a list.

#188 papeetepatrick

papeetepatrick

Sapphire Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:09 AM

(OOF, right in the crotch!--a thing from the past best left unremembered). And can we call for a moratorium on hugging in pas de deux, straight, gay, or otherwise?

At least the 'right in the crotch' got me to watch it, like the rare and gifted 8-year-old I am, trying to find something challenging on BBC4, but AWFUL beyond imagining. It's enough to make Plutarch's edict of gracelessness as recalled vividly by Foucault ring almost totally true--at least while your watching such stupid crap. Yes, very pretty, even gorgeous, boys, but the silliness of 'St. Loup and Morel', just because it's prestigious to use Proust even though it ends up more like 'Caravaggio's Boys'. Plus the Faure, doubtless recalling 'Vinteuil's little phrase for Odette/Swann', now for some 'romance' between the aristocrat Saint-Loup and the 'talented but modest-beginnings violinist' Morel, who turns out to be the opportunisitic poulain/putain par excellence--later has as one of his clients the Prince de Guermantes, just using anybody--at least if they'd Morel more of a 'top', so they wouldn't both just come across as a couple of sissies. Not that I was expecting anything all that masculine-Western, etc., but whew! did I ever have to hold my nose on this one. Proust is not about 'romance' in the American sense anyway (nevermind it's french choreographed), Bataille says he sees Eros much more like Sade, and I agree. Sorry to be so :thumbsup: Who was the other boy? He was even handsomer, I thought. And wasn't Denys Ganio in something of Petit's Proust piece (or is this part of the same thing) that I think I saw, but I may be confusing.

I thought Denys, Mathieu's father, was the handsomer, though.

#189 Ray

Ray

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:26 AM

(OOF, right in the crotch!--a thing from the past best left unremembered). And can we call for a moratorium on hugging in pas de deux, straight, gay, or otherwise?

At least the 'right in the crotch' got me to watch it, like the rare and gifted 8-year-old I am, trying to find something challenging on BBC4, but AWFUL beyond imagining. It's enough to make Plutarch's edict of gracelessness as recalled vividly by Foucault ring almost totally true--at least while your watching such stupid crap. Yes, very pretty, even gorgeous, boys, but the silliness of 'St. Loup and Morel', just because it's prestigious to use Proust even though it ends up more like 'Caravaggio's Boys'. Plus the Faure, doubtless recalling 'Vinteuil's little phrase for Odette/Swann', now for some 'romance' between the aristocrat Saint-Loup and the 'talented but modest-beginnings violinist' Morel, who turns out to be the opportunisitic poulain/putain par excellence--later a client of the Prince de Guermantes, just using anybody--at least if they'd Morel more of a 'top', so they wouldn't both just come across as a couple of sissies. Not that I was expecting anything all that masculine-Western, etc., but whew! did I ever have to hold my nose on this one. Proust is not about 'romance' in the American sense anyway (nevermind it's french choreographed), Bataille says he sees Eros much more like Sade, and I agree. Sorry to be so :thumbsup: Who was the other boy? He was even handsomer, I thought. And wasn't Denys Ganio in something of Petit's Proust piece (or is this part of the same thing) that I think I saw, but I may be confusing.

I thought Denys, Mathieu's father, was the handsomer, though.

I think you've spent more intellectual energy on this than the choreographer! And thank you for so doing--I'd like to find the Foucault you referenced; can you say where it appears? (EDITED TO ADD: found it, I think--HoS 3, right?)

#190 papeetepatrick

papeetepatrick

Sapphire Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:34 AM

Thanks, Ray. It's in one of the volumes of Foucault's 'History of Sexuality', I think the last: 'The Care of the Self (Histoire de la sexualité, III: le souci de soi)', when he references Plutarch. Problem is, he seems to believe it himself to some degree (although others will disagree with that assessment). It's been awhile, and I don't have copies myself anymore, but they are all worth reading for things you would never have thought of, and even in translation, he's got a wonderful style.

#191 Ray

Ray

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:40 AM

Thanks, Ray. It's in one of the volumes of Foucault's 'History of Sexuality', I think the last: 'The Care of the Self (Histoire de la sexualité, III: le souci de soi)', when he references Plutarch. Problem is, he seems to believe it himself to some degree (although others will disagree with that assessment). It's been awhile, and I don't have copies myself anymore, but they are all worth reading for things you would never have thought of, and even in translation, he's got a wonderful style.

Thanks again--love vol. 3 btw! (sorry, WAY o-t!)

#192 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:05 AM

:) Jeremie Belingard of the POB, he is very attractive with high cheek bones a mass of curly (sometimes unruly) dark curls. he not only is an excellent dancer, but he sings well in his group callled Granny goes to heaven. Writing and playing his own songs with his cousin. (see Myspace and facebook.) In addition he appears in the TV and magazine Gautier adverts for Men's products. Also his wife is the beautiful Aurelie Dupont, and they make a lovely couple. Makes you wonder if their little boy Jacques resembles them. Sorry if I repeated myself here??

#193 Henrik

Henrik

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:26 AM

Zoltan Solymosi was also a wonderful Onegin.

&, mercy me, GAWJUSS!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whatever happened to Zoltan Solymosi? Very little info on him about where he is dancing or if he is still dancing. A lot on his brother though. I remember seeing Zoltan with Durante for the Sleeping Beauty. He is an impossibly gorgeous man.

Sorry to quote such an old post, just figured I answer your question (finally?!)
Zoltan taught me in school. He is not dancing anymore, ending his career just after returning to Hungary from the royal ballet. He is teching the male repertoire to youngsters in hungary, and is still able (now being a little heavier than in his days of glory :wink: ) to show them himself!

#194 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:54 AM

Thanks, Hendrik, for answering that question. Because of video (YouTube, etc.) Solymosi still has many fans. It is nice to know that he is passing on his art to young dancers in Hungary.

Regarding the weight issue: I've seen several former male principal dancers coaching who had put on weight. Bart Cook and Ben Huys of NYC Ballet are just two examples. Each of them could still move -- or suggest movement -- speedily and with great clarity. This is certainly a tribute to those years of ballet training.

#195 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,239 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

May I REAFFIRM Marcelo Gomes here....? :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):