Jump to content
canbelto

2017 Fall Season

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, cobweb said:

I do not follow the dancers on social media. Have any of the other O/O's posted their dates on (public-facing, of course!) social media? 

I too was creeped out by the inert snow queen ad. 

Four days ago, Tiler Peck posted on Instagram that she looks forward to performing Swan lake this fall:

Here's the text she wrote with this: 

"First day back at #nycballet :) started a new ballet and rehearsing Swan Lake... in absolute heaven ❤️just like how I feel dancing this Midsummer pas! Dancing literally heals the soul and some things feel like treasures to get to dance" 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Oh this clip of Tiler Peck is so beautiful. Exquisite dancing. I wish I was seeing her debut in SL. I am seeing whoever is dancing opening night--I assume Mearns or Reichlen. No slouches either of them! Casting should be up sometime this coming week. Can't wait for NYCB's fall season to start!

Share this post


Link to post

Sara Mearns posted on instagram that she is dancing on opening night, Sept 19.  Her other dates are Sept 23 matinee and Sept 30 evening.

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, audreydoll said:

Sara Mearns posted on instagram that she is dancing on opening night, Sept 19.  Her other dates are Sept 23 matinee and Sept 30 evening.

Yes! Thanks for letting me know. I have not seen her in the role but I look forward to the passion she brings to every role she plays.

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone know whether (a) Maria Kowroski will be dancing Swan Lake this season, and/or (2) specifically when casting will go online for SL--i.e., will it be Tuesday, September 5th, at 10:00 am, because that's when the box office will be open on that date?

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, angelica said:

Does anyone know whether (a) Maria Kowroski will be dancing Swan Lake this season, and/or (2) specifically when casting will go online for SL--i.e., will it be Tuesday, September 5th, at 10:00 am, because that's when the box office will be open on that date?

I have no inside information but strongly doubt that Maria K will be doing the full length Swan Lake. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/3/2017 at 3:32 PM, audreydoll said:

Sara Mearns posted on instagram that she is dancing on opening night, Sept 19.  Her other dates are Sept 23 matinee and Sept 30 evening.

 

Thanks for the update!  I have tickets for one of those performances.   I've been checking NYCB website daily, but they haven't posted any  castings yet.   Can't wait for the Fall season!

Share this post


Link to post

They actually sent an email with casting for the full Swan Lake run. This is the browser version - casting

Edited by nysusan
edited to add - principal casting only

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, nysusan said:

They actually sent an email with casting for the full Swan Lake run. This is the browser version - casting

 

I just got an e-mail with the casting as well!  I'm so excited!

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, NinaFan said:

 

I just got an e-mail with the casting as well!  I'm so excited!

I got it too. I love that they sent it out by email. I'm seeing Bouder for the first time. I'm excited.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a newcomer to NYC and am seeing Bouder on the 21st. I was hoping for Reichlen, but I've never seen this company in person before so I don't know. Any opinions on whether I should change my ticket, and if so to whom?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Leah said:

I'm a newcomer to NYC and am seeing Bouder on the 21st. I was hoping for Reichlen, but I've never seen this company in person before so I don't know. Any opinions on whether I should change my ticket, and if so to whom?

Just my 2 cents. Each of the women cast in SL is technically strong and has a unique artistic voice. I bought a ticket not knowing who I would see (something I would never do at ABT) because I wasn't worried about what cast I would see. I've seen Mearns, Hyltin & Reichlin and would happily see any one of them again. They each brought something significant to the role. I'm seeing Bouder for the first time. She is know for her super technique but over time, her artistry has become more and more evident. I am looking forward to it. If I found out that I had a ticket for a different cast, I would still be looking forward to it! 

Share this post


Link to post

Gulp. I had written off ever seeing Martins' Swan Lake again and here I am, with three tickets: Reichlen, Hyltin, and Peck.

Edited by canbelto

Share this post


Link to post

Me too. I have Hyltin, Fairchild, and Peck. Now I want to see the others

as well. With regard this production, it's all about the dancers and the music.

It's like the life lessons in The Godfather. "Just when I thought I was out,

they pull me back in."

Share this post


Link to post

The casting is quite a departure for NYCB.  Martins has only been casting medium to tall ballerinas as O/O in SL up until this point.  Casting "short girls" in the role like Megan and Tiler is a new path at NYCB. 

 

Where  is Robbie Fairchild in this casting news?  He is in New York.  (He will be appearing at the  Chita Rivera Dance Awards ceremony in Manhattan  on Sept 11.) He has done Siegfried before, and he has become an audience favorite.  And yet he is not cast.

 

I had a feeling Jared Angle would give up the role of Siegfried.   The technical demands of the solos are too much for him at this stage of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post

Fairchild used to be cast in Swan Lake opposite Hyltin. I hope he doesn't leave the company because of his split with Peck. 

 

I would love to see him do Apollo. 

Edited by yukionna4869

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, vipa said:

I got it too. I love that they sent it out by email. I'm seeing Bouder for the first time. I'm excited.

 

 

Maybe I'm not on this since I live outside of NY-- how do I get onto this newsletter list?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, abatt said:

The casting is quite a departure for NYCB.  Martins has only been casting medium to tall ballerinas as O/O in SL up until this point.  Casting "short girls" in the role like Megan and Tiler is a new path at NYCB. 

 

Where  is Robbie Fairchild in this casting news?  He is in New York.  (He will be appearing at the  Chita Rivera Dance Awards ceremony in Manhattan  on Sept 11.) He has done Siegfried before, and he has become an audience favorite.  And yet he is not cast.

 

I had a feeling Jared Angle would give up the role of Siegfried.   The technical demands of the solos are too much for him at this stage of the game. 

Believe it or not, Hyltin is shorter than Peck. Peck's greatest weakness has always been her proportion. My none ballet fan friends often regarded Peck as "the really short one". In fact, Peck is 5'6". Same thing for Bouder. She is about the same height as Hyltin but fans often think that she is extra short. 

 

Hyltin is my favorite in NYCB's swan lake and Reichlen is close second. To me, Hyltin is a true all rounder along with Fairchild. While I love Peck in pretty much everything, she isn't my first pick for a full length classical rep. I'm very excited to see her in SL regardless. 

 

I've decided to see all 6 casts as I'm on a vacation. Hopefully I don't regret my decision after the first one. 

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, alexL said:

I've decided to see all 6 casts as I'm on a vacation. Hopefully I don't regret my decision after the first one. 

 

You won't regret your decision if you remember that you are not going to see ballets, you are going to see dancers. They really are two different perspectives.

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, angelica said:

 

You won't regret your decision if you remember that you are not going to see ballets, you are going to see dancers. They really are two different perspectives.

That's my approach as well. Martin's SL puts me into a REM sleep each time I see it. The only time I actually pay attention is when O/O is on stage. I also have lower expectation level for the NYCB dancers when they perform Petipa ballets. I just plan to see their own interpretation of the character. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, angelica said:

 

You won't regret your decision if you remember that you are not going to see ballets, you are going to see dancers. They really are two different perspectives.

 

Shhh, just don't tell Mr. Macaulay!  :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×