Olga SmirnovaTalk about the young rising star of Russian ballet, 2011 Vaganova grad

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Buddy

Buddy

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Ditto  flowers.gif

#62 Swanilda8

Swanilda8

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

Thanks!

I think Smirnova is a wonderful dancer - beautiful line and musicality.  

I also really love Kondratieva, and so I enjoy that every time there's a feature on Smirnova, there's an interview with her coach!

#63 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

Very much enjoyed watching this. Thank you.  

#64 Cygnet

Cygnet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:21 AM

Thank you so much for posting this;  Olga's truly special. 

#65 Buddy

Buddy

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

I've been watching the most recent video clip of Olga Smirnova dancing Diamonds and of the many things that I like very much, one is very pleasant to see. 

It's how healthy she looks. She has a very proper weight condition for one thing.

I look back on earlier video clips where I really admired the linear beauty of her motion. She was also thinner and I began to think that it was a large reason for the overall, beautiful look of her dance.

Now I see that she can still achieve a wonderfully linear dance quality and also have a very healthy and beautiful looking weight condition.

Based on video clips only, I think that she is progressing wonderfully and is just beginning a truly remarkable career. I greatly look forward to being able to see her perform live this summer in NYC to confirm what I've enjoyed so much on video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):