Bolshoi's "Raymonda" live in cinemas

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Lidewij

Lidewij

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

I just wanted to let you all know that the cast for this live HD transmission (June 24th) is now up on the Bolshoi's website:

http://www.bolshoi.r...#20120624190000

Raymonda: Svetlana Zakharova
Jean De Brienne: Alexander Volchkov
Abderakhman: Pavel Dimitrichenko

I'm looking forward to this one! Posted Image

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,125 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

What luxury casting as Clemence and Henriette -- Anna Nikulina and Yekaterina Shipulina -- a lot like Nureyev's casting when he launched his "Raymonda" for POB, and there are a lot of people here who've admired Chinara Alidze (Daydream Variation 1), Anna Tikhomirova (Daydream Variation 2), and Anna Stashkevich (Grand Pas Variation), for example.

I hope this comes out on DVD: I'm going to be at the opera during this transmission.

#3 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

I hope this comes out on DVD:

Me too -- I can't get to see this.

#4 BalletinCinema_intern

BalletinCinema_intern

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Hello,

We’ve got some good news!

For those who cannot make it to Raymonda performance on June 24, there will be more coming up.
Check back on our website www.emergingpictures.com soon as we expect many more theatres to book Raymonda as we get further into June!

#5 Lidewij

Lidewij

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

The Bolshoi has posted a preview on Youtube (if you click 'cc', there are English subtitles), with Maria Alexandrova talking about the role.
So I checked the casting on the website, and indeed it has changed from Zakharova and Volchkov to Alexandrova and Skvortsov.

#6 MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

The Bolshoi has posted a preview on Youtube (if you click 'cc', there are English subtitles), with Maria Alexandrova talking about the role.
So I checked the casting on the website, and indeed it has changed from Zakharova and Volchkov to Alexandrova and Skvortsov.

The re-casting of Alexandrova is so exciting. I too am hoping this is released on DVD. Posted Image

#7 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

This has now become a MUST-SEE. I'm ordering my tickets today

#8 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

Yes, I am glad to get a chance to see Alexandrova's Raymonda! Zakharova's is available on a Japanese video, so it will be better to see someone different.

#9 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

Anna Tikhomirova in the 2nd Dream solo. OK, now I'm sold. :)

This is far from my favorite version of Raymonda...almost a 'Raymonda Pastiche' or 'Raymonda Lite.' I rank it a distant #5 after:

1. La Scala (Petipa's gorgeous original steps, full mine/mise-en-scene, and sumptuous 1890s sets/costumes!)
2. Mariinsky - K. Sergeyev's..best and most complete 'Dream Scene' after La Scala's
3. POB - Nureyev's...so sumptuous
4. NYCB - various Balanchine fantasies on a theme of Ramonda...collectively, I consider this the best of the 'lites'
5. Bolshoi - Grigorovich

Nonetheless, with the newly-announced cast, I'm happy to sit through the Bolshoi 'lite' edition!

#10 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

Just got my tickets today! Completely thrilled about the switch to Alexandrova.

I also see Kristina Karaseva (of the much admired, magnificent DQ backbends that many of us have seen on tour) down for the mazurka. Posted Image

#11 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,125 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

I so hope this makes it to DVD, because, so far, there are no repeats scheduled in Vancouver, at least yet, and it doesn't even play in Seattle proper.

#12 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Does anyone know whether Bayadere and La Source from Paris Opera Ballet will be shown in New York City? They are also on the Emerging Pictures Ballet In Cinema website.

#13 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

I so hope this makes it to DVD, because, so far, there are no repeats scheduled in Vancouver, at least yet, and it doesn't even play in Seattle proper.

Helene, I just checked my tickets and I see I will be seeing this at the end of August rather than this week (I get the Bolshoi Corsaire this weekend), so perhaps yes it will be?

#14 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,125 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

I will definitely keep my eyes peeled -- thank you ksk04!

#15 Lidewij

Lidewij

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

I of course meant to post the link to the Bolshoi's preview video in my previous post, but seem to have forgotten. Here it is:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):