This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Osipova/Vasiliev's debut as regular Mikhailovsky starsJakobssen's 'Rossini Pas de Deux'

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:24 AM

Perhaps "melodramatic" would be a better word here -- exaggerated plot/characters. It just seemed quite different from the cooler, more subtle things we were familiar with. It reminds me of what Westerners think of "Soviet realism" in visual art -- not the pro-communism element, but the too-literal portrayals. Dial it back already - we get it!

#17 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

I find some parts of it charming and very creative and others truly misguided... I would like to see more. We see almost no Jacobson here and I would like to know more about him. I believe there was going to be a presentation a few years ago, amd then the visas didn't come through... Wasn't it going to be Cojocaru performing? Anyone remember?

#18 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

I loved every quirky part of it! Thank you so much for posting it, Natalia!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):