Jump to content
canbelto

Nutcracker 2018

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, mille-feuille said:

I love all of it, with my personal low point of Act II being Mother Ginger and her children.

I love the tiny children! They are adorable, and I am always impressed with the level of their technique and how well rehearsed they are. 

Share this post


Link to post

Is Lovette out the entire Nutcracker season? I understand from instagram she's working on her choreography at NYU.

Share this post


Link to post

I take my luck with Nut tickets, which I buy way in advance. In this case glad/not glad for Dec 5. Look forward to Hyltin who can play with the celesta, Veyette to see how he’s doing, and Pereira, not so much. But I really go for the beautiful vision of the first and second acts. 

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, cobweb said:

I take my luck with Nut tickets, which I buy way in advance. In this case glad/not glad for Dec 5. Look forward to Hyltin who can play with the celesta, Veyette to see how he’s doing, and Pereira, not so much. But I really go for the beautiful vision of the first and second acts. 

Hyltin's SPF is always worth watching. I think of all the ballerinas she gets the "fairy" aspect of SPF the most.

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone know who “C. Miller” is? She’s cast as Coffee on 12/9. Is it Clara Frances?

Edit: It is indeed Clara Frances. Her dancer page has been updated to reflect this. 

Edited by yukionna4869

Share this post


Link to post

Hod and Walker are both out for Week 1. Hopefully her injury isn’t causing problems. Mejia now debuts in Candy Cane in Week 2, replacing Gordon (doesn’t appear to be injured as he’s still dancing later in the week).

Share this post


Link to post

If it’s Hod’s injury that is causing her to be replaced, it must be pretty bad. Frau Stahlbaum doesn’t have a whole lot to do besides walking around. I was hoping to see Hod back soon! 

Share this post


Link to post

I hope Hod returns soon! I like the splitting of the Candy Cane variation. This variation always gets the crowds screaming and I like that both principals (Ulbricht, Huxley), soloists (Ball, Schumacher) and corps (Alberda, Mejia) get to do it.

Share this post


Link to post

Robert Fairchild was my favorite Candy Cane, so bright and brilliant. 

I look forward to any reports from opening weekend and beyond. This board tends to get fewer reports on Nut than during the regular season, but I love hearing about the different casts. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, cobweb said:

Robert Fairchild was my favorite Candy Cane, so bright and brilliant. 

I look forward to any reports from opening weekend and beyond. This board tends to get fewer reports on Nut than during the regular season, but I love hearing about the different casts. 

I already have tickets to two performances: Dec 4 and 5. I'm curious to see how the Peck/Gordon partnership goes.

Share this post


Link to post

Hod offers some details about her injury in the comments section of this post. She says, "Came back a little too soon so I had a minor setback, but I will hopefully be back and much stronger as soon as I am ready!"

 

Share this post


Link to post

I am excited that Staker will be debuting Marzipan during week three! I am interested to hear how she does if anybody attends.

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve been snooping on dancers’ instagrams and I came across someone named Uma who seems to have been made an apprentice and is dancing flowers. Can anyone who’s been to a performance thus far please confirm who the new apprentices are?

Share this post


Link to post

the following names are indicated as "Apprentice" in the opening NUTx program: LaJeromeny Brown, Jules Mabie, Davide RIccardo (Mice); Lauren Collett, Lily-Frances Cosgrove, Uma Deming (The Snowflakes); Lauren Collett, again, Lily-Frances Cosgrove, again,  Jules Mabie, again, (Hot Chocolate); Naomi Corti, Uma Demng, again, Ally Helman and Lily Zerivitz (Flowers)

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, rg said:

the following names are indicated as "Apprentice" in the opening NUTx program: LaJeromeny Brown, Jules Mabie, Davide RIccardo (Mice); Lauren Collett, Lily-Frances Cosgrove, Uma Deming (The Snowflakes); Lauren Collett, again, Lily-Frances Cosgrove, again,  Jules Mabie, again, (Hot Chocolate); Naomi Corti, Uma Demng, again, Ally Helman and Lily Zerivitz (Flowers)

Thank you! I wish they would list apprentices on the website. 

Share this post


Link to post

Week 4 of casting up. Debuts for Sebastian Villarini-Velez as the Cavalier and Kennard Henson as Tea. 

Very excited to find I have a ticket for the Woodward-Ball-Phelan cast, with the bonus of Roman Mejia as Tea. Can't wait. The Adams-Villarini-Velez-Kikta cast also looks terrific, I would love to see that one. 

Share this post


Link to post

I have tickets for December 4, 5, 12, and 14.

I want to see Joe Gordon as Cavalier, Tess Reichlen as both Dewdrop and SPF, Sterling Hyltin as SPF and Dewdrop, Indiana Woodward as SPF, Harrison Ball as Cavalier, and Unity Phelan as Dewdrop. Also welcome the return of Georgina Pazcoguin's Coffee, looking forward to Roman Mejia's Tea, the Candy Canes of Ulbricht, Huxley, and of course Robert La Fosse's Drosselmeier.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, cobweb said:

Week 4 of casting up. Debuts for Sebastian Villarini-Velez as the Cavalier and Kennard Henson as Tea. 

Just about the only thing I remember about Matthew Neenan's "The Exchange" is Kennard Henson's beautiful, eye catching jump in the midst of a sea of dancers rushing hither and thither. There's more to his dancing than that —  the company cast him opposite Lauren Lovette in Afternoon of a Faun, too  — but Tea will give him an opportunity to show it off. 

Good for him, and good for Villarini-Velez.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×