Is everyone okay??

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#16 Melissa

Melissa

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 02:36 PM

My brother, who works about 30 blocks north of the World Trade Center, heard the explosions from his office and witnessed the pandemonium that followed. I'll be praying for eveyone here impacted by this horrific tragedy.

FYI, for anyone wanting to donate blood, the number for the New York Blood Center is 800/933-2566.

Melissa

#17 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 02:51 PM

There's a place to donate at 150 Amesterdam (66th/67th) Manhattnik and I are going now.

#18 Shirley

Shirley

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 03:16 PM

Just to say my thoughts are with everyone at this horrendous time.

#19 bijoux

bijoux

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 04:44 PM

Hello Everyone.What a horrific start to the day.I pray for the losses and hope everyone else remains safe.I spoke to a friend at ABT and I thank God they left yesterday.This whole thing seems so surreal.I mean ,you read about these things happening,but not here.You see it in the movies,but never expect to be affected directly or indirectly.I have a friend in Pittsburgh who I have been trying to reach all day,and I hope she is fine and that will get back to me soon.Well.Everyone out there try to be safe and look out for your fellow being.god Bless

#20 ~A.C~

~A.C~

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 05:04 PM

Hi!This is affecting ALL of the D.C. metro area, so that would include Rockville. I'm here, and well. But, they are limiting entry into the city.

#21 Snow Flake

Snow Flake

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 05:27 PM

Fortunately, I am very far from these terrible attacks, but I have a friend in New York, and I know the desperation of her parents, here in Brazil, because they could not talk with their daugther unil 12:00hs. Now they knew she is well. I wish all you, who are in NY and Washington, are ok.

#22 glebb

glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 06:31 PM

We're okay in Chicago.

Most people went home early this morning for saftey reasons. My dance company did not work so people could use the day to sort out their feelings of fear and grief. I don't think there is one dancer who does not have a dancer friend in NYC or DC.

We plan to go on with work tomorrow, as usual and to be thankful that we can.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: glebb ]

#23 pdance

pdance

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 08:01 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you all and especially with those of you in dangerous areas. I am so glad to hear that we are all ok. I wonder how SAB/NYCB are, or are they far away from the WTC? I've never been to NYC, so I don't know..... God Bless!

#24 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 08:48 PM

Don't fret for SAB or NYCB. Lincoln Center is quite a ways from the WTC. Now, the Joffrey School is going to have some problems tomorrow, as the Mayor has closed the streets from 14th south! (The school is on 6th Ave. at 10th St.) :(

#25 Juliet

Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 09:02 PM

SAB was evacuated this morning. The kids who live in the dorm are staying with various teachers or staff members.

I would doubt that classes resume tomorrow, either there or at Joffrey, but I might be wrong. Although the streets may be closed, walking is not impossible.....eerie, but not impossible.

Washington area will be more operational tomorrow, I trust. It was fairly gruesome today for commuters. They even had areas of Annapolis cordoned off (it is the state capital, although no one believes it.) ;)
I asked someone how to turn on CNN (don't watch too much TV!) and spent the day doing handsewing and being thankful that I'd heard from those I love in NYC.

Regards to all--God bless your sleep...

#26 Katharyn

Katharyn

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 09:14 PM

I've sat up all night since I received a phone call at about midnight my time (I believe about 10am, in NYC) watching this unbelievable scene unfold. The image of the destruction is burned into my eyes, as the words of Bush ring in my ear 'a threat to freedom itself'...

It may be insensitive to bring this up, but scenes of Palestinians dancing in the streets have horrified me to my very core... It's like a dream, even to me.... it truly is horror beyond description.. My thoughts are with America as a country, because surely she - as all effected are- is suffering.

I could write for hours, but I'll stop now. I am waiting for when the truth is sorted from the rumours, because right now it is impossible to construct a picture of the events surrounding this tragedy.

My love to all who have been touched by this event.

#27 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 09:20 PM

My thoughts are with all of you in New York and Washington DC; I am relieved to read above that many of you are alright. I like to express my sympathies to those who have suffered in this tragedy.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Kevin Ng ]

#28 Ed Waffle

Ed Waffle

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 10:06 PM

Pray for Peace.

Pray for Justice.

Give Blood.

Ed and Shari Waffle

#29 wjglavis

wjglavis

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 10:35 PM

My thoughts are with all of you in New York and Washington. This has been a terrible day.

- Wendy

#30 NO7

NO7

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 11:06 PM

God bless you, Alexandra and everyone in the US. I, too, would like to express my deep sorrow to those affected by this unspeakable event.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):