Veronika Part doing Giselle at the Mariinsky !!!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Classic_Ballet

Classic_Ballet

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

www.mariinsky.ru/en/playbill/playbill/2014/8/1/1_1930/

According to the Mariinsky website, our beloved Veronika is debuting at the Mariinsky in Giselle!! Huge Congratsss  Veronika !!!!!

I wonder who will partner her !!

I think that is so amazing...guess what Kevin M...she is doing it and in the MARIISNKY !!!! coached there too, .....

you have one of the most stunning ballerinas of her generation totally underused ......what else do u need to finally open your eyes ????

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,211 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

:flowers: to Ms. Part!

#3 nanushka

nanushka

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

I love this sentence from her bio, especially the 2nd and 3rd clauses:

"Veronika Part has appeared in projects run by the Kennedy Center and the Metropolitan Opera; has appeared with Roberto Bolle, Gustavo Dudamel, David Letterman and Marcelo Gomes; has collaborated with Suzanne Farrell, Judith Jamison and Chita Rivera."

(And when did she collaborate with Chita Rivera?!)

Can I get a visa in time for Aug. 1?

No Giselle last year at ABT, right?  So we're thinking maybe 2015?  (They seem to do it two years on, one year off.)  And she recently danced in in Baltimore as well.  So maybe she's ready to bring it home to NYC??

#4 vipa

vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

I wouldn't count on Part getting a Giselle at ABT.  KM seems to have fixed ideas of dancers. Seo Hee and Isabella Boylston can do everything and others in his eyes are more limited.  Don't get me wrong, I admire Boylston and Hee in some roles but they are thrown into lots of things that they flounder in, while chances are withheld from others.

#5 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

I love this sentence from her bio, especially the 2nd and 3rd clauses:

"Veronika Part has appeared in projects run by the Kennedy Center and the Metropolitan Opera; has appeared with Roberto Bolle, Gustavo Dudamel, David Letterman and Marcelo Gomes; has collaborated with Suzanne Farrell, Judith Jamison and Chita Rivera."

(And when did she collaborate with Chita Rivera?!)

When did she "collaborate" with Farrell? Did Farrell coach her before she did Terpsichore with the Kirov?

Anyhow, congratulations Ms. Part! This is exciting news.

#6 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:35 AM

Congrats to Part.  I used to think that McKenzie denied her certain roles like Juliet and Giselle because of her height and the difficulty of lifts.  However, since he has been giving the very tall Semionova all those roles, it is apparent that height was not the deciding factor in his mind.  I hope someone posts clips of Part's performance on You Tube.  

#7 fondoffouettes

fondoffouettes

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

Congratulations to Veronika Part! Though she is a commanding Myrtha, Part may be even more well-suited to the role of Giselle, especially the beautiful adagio sections of Act II. I felt as if her dancing stopped time when she appeared Les Sylphides last year, and I hope her artistry in Romantic roles will be nurtured by ABT. Her use of her upper body is still one of the major treasures of the dance world, and how could one not want to see what she would do with those arms in Giselle? Part did dance La Sylphide when it last appeared at the Met, but that was several years ago and I no longer have a vivid recollection of the performance.

Her NY fans will be there in spirit on August 1, throwing more bouquets onto the pile!

#8 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:01 AM

Yes, yes---I will be there in spirit....flowers.gifflowers.gifflowers.gif

It is galling to think we had her in our grasp all these years...it's really time for McK to goFIREdevil.gif

#9 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

Brava Veronika!!!!

Someone on the ABT wishlist thread wished for Fabrice Calmels as a guest artist to partner he. That would be my wish too - they'd make an incredible Giselle & Albrecht. 

#10 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

Atta girl, Veronika!! So St. Pete still gets the A cast during the London tour.

#11 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

The Mariinsky Ballet administrators will weep when they see what they lost in Veronika Part.

#12 spinning2night

spinning2night

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

The Mariinsky Ballet administrators will weep when they see what they lost in Veronika Part.

now we all better hope they don't try to get her back!

#13 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

That would be a tragedy for those of us in the US who adore her. I must say that among her many accomplishments, for me she is still the world's reigning Swan Queen.

#14 nanushka

nanushka

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

That would be a tragedy for those of us in the US who adore her. I must say that among her many accomplishments, for me she is still the world's reigning Swan Queen.

The only possible consolation for that would be the fact that we'd be far more likely to finally get some good video recordings while she's still in her prime.  It's a tough call: 5-7 more years of live performances in NYC, or a lifetime of being able to watch her onscreen in a few of her signature roles.  I really don't know which I'd choose!

#15 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:17 AM

For her sake, I hope the Mariinsky does lure her back---she is a likely successor to Lopatkina---and she will finally get the recognition she deserves.  {Plus, if Nanushka is right

we will get those recordings!)flowers.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):