If you can't go in person, I would try the phone sales desk. They are 

always helpful.

#32 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

The Koch Theater site has a different phone number for the box office: 212-496-0600. I think Bolshoi tickets were handled by the Fisher box office for the summer Lincoln Center Festival.

#33 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

I am planning a NY Trip for this and just bought my tickets over the phone. (The number I used was the same California posted above). The person with whom I spoke was very helpful and told me about the multi-performance discount which I had not even known about...

Despite my long-standing wish to see Osipova's Kitri I could not bring myself to buy tickets for the Don Q's. Fortunately, whoever dances Flames of Paris, it's a production I want to see--love the publicity for it saying "Stalin's favorite ballet." Anyway I opted for Flames plus the Osipova-Sarafanov Giselle. I also have never seen Sarafanov except for bits on video...but it was still a hard choice.

I enjoyed the Mikhailovsky a lot when I saw them in London some years ago, but wasn't absolutely wowed except perhaps by the quality of the character dancing and a few individuals. I quite liked Bondareva for sure!

#34 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

I went to box office during early lunch break. They're aware of the discount but unable to apply it because the ticketing system hadn't been updated. So they reserved my seats and swiped my credit card, once the discount is updated in the system, they'll issued my tickets. I hope there won't be any snafus.

#35 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:05 AM

I went after work yesterday and they had all the kinks worked out. I got the discount with no problem, also there was no line whatsover.

I'm really excited about this engagement - maybe even more excited about the Bolshoi. I'm looking forward to seeing a traditional Giselle, and Messerer's Flames of Paris.

Its always great to see Osipova & Vasiliev - together or apart - but I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing Sarafanov again. He is such a great dancer and I haven't seen him live since he left the Mariinsky. Then there are Victor Lebedev & Kristina Shapran, two top Vaganova Academy graduates who chose not to join the mothership (Shapran & Smirnova were the 2 top female graduates in their year). I've also heard good things about Bondarova and Voronstsova so bring it on!

#36 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:36 AM

I'm particularly excited about seeing Leonid Sarafanov in the theater. The DVD of his Don Q with Mariinsky (and Olesya Novikova) in 2006 is worth a look. I was also impressed at what an attentive and effective partner he was with Osipova in the live stream of R&J a few weeks ago from Mikhailovsky. I'm guessing many will buy tickets to Osipova's Giselle and be pleasantly surprised to see him, too. I decided to see Vasiliev's Albrecht mainly out of curiosity to see what he does with it.

#37 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

I went after work too last night to buy tixs at the box office.  They do have all the kinks worked out regarding the multi discount program and as Susan noted, no line.  I have a funny feeling the casting for Don Q in particular will be changing quite a bit. Serious doubts as to whether Osipova and Vasiliev will ever appear together as partners again.  Moreover, even if they did, who would want to see two people performing a comic ballet  together who don't want to be there? 

#38 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:12 AM

Serious doubts as to whether Osipova and Vasiliev will ever appear together as partners again.  

They are still scheduled to do R&J at La Scala on October 11 & 14. I wonder how long before that changes: 

http://www.teatroall...-giulietta.html

They're also scheduled to do Nureyev's Don Q at La Scala Sept. 25, 27, 29: 

http://www.teatroall...chisciotte.html

#39 YID

YID

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

i got the tickets too (not to all performances, but to all programs ;- )) got the discount. I love this forum, i wouldn't have known SO MANY things without you. PS: i wonder what the real final casting will be in Nov. I saw Sarafonov in Giselle last spring at Mikhailovsky with his wife (Olesya). Loved their dancing. And i am looking forward to seeing Vorontsova and Shapran, hope they will bring them

#40 Fleurdelis

Fleurdelis

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

I am somewhat surprised at the Mikhailovsky's decision not to showcase the talents of Irina Perren and Ekaterina Borchenko. Both ballerinas are out of this world in terms of lines, beauty, expressiveness and technique - and shine equally brightly in both the timeless Russian classics and in Nacho Duato's intricately weaved modern choreography. Certainly Perren is a unique creation who manages to be at the same time incredibly slender, yet womanly and athletic. When she dances together with her husband Marat Shemiunov, probably one of the strongest dancers physically today, one gets a sense of her weightlessness that is breathtaking.

And most importantly, they were the beautiful faces of the Mikhailovsky long before it became a revolving door of fleeting theatrical enterprises of Osipova, Vasiliev, Semionova and others. 

#41 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

I think most Americans have never heard of the Mikhailovsky. The first time I ever heard of the company was when Osipova and Vasiliev quit the Bolshoi to go the Mik.  Without dancers who most balletomane New Yorkers will recognize (Osipova, Vasilev, Sarafanov), I don't think ticket sales would be strong.  I think that was why they scrapped the tour to NY a few years ago once the Mik found out that ABT intended to enforce the non compete clause regarding Osipova and Vasiliev.  Sad to think that an entire tour could revolve around 2 or 3 individuals.  .

#42 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

I was also surprised--not that the Mikhailovsky couldn't do New York without "name" stars like Osipova and Vasiliev, since that pretty much seems a given--but that they didn't try to reserve some featured roles for either Perren or Borchenko. I found Borchenko a quality dancer the one time I saw her when the company was on tour in London (she was dancing Odette-Odile).  I only saw Perren in Spring Waters and didn't find it a terribly exciting performance but London critics raved about her Giselle...

However, Borchenko dances Myrtha, so perhaps she will so so in New York and/or perhaps Perren or she will dance in the mixed bill program.

#43 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

CA Flame of Paris casting now posted: http://www.mikhailov...on_tour_in_usa/

11/28 Oksana Bondareva, Ivan Vasiliev
11/29 2pm Anjelina Vorontsova, Ivan Zaytsev
11/29 8pm Oksana Bondareva, Ivan Vasiliev
11/30 Anjelina Vorontsova, Ivan Vasiliev

#44 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

Had a ticket complication and the Koch theater call center was very helpful (I was not the easiest customer). So, since I write on this website sometimes to complain about the complications of getting tickets from out of town for Lincoln Center, I thought it was incumbant on me to write in and say, they also often do a great job... 

#45 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

Had a ticket complication and the Koch theater call center was very helpful (I was not the easiest customer). So, since I write on this website sometimes to complain about the complications of getting tickets from out of town for Lincoln Center, I thought it was incumbant on me to write in and say, they also often do a great job... 

Thank you for doing that.  One of my New Year's resolutions a couple years ago was to recognize when people did a good job with something and find a way to let others know. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):