Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

Aaron Robison is now a soloist with Houston Ballet. :(

#17 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

I found this interview from last summer (en espanol) it's about 25 minutes long. Don't have time to translate right now (maybe someone else can take a shot at it?)

#18 JMcN

JMcN

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

Has the Barcelona Ballet folded - the website is extremely out of date?

#19 kbarber

kbarber

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Has the Barcelona Ballet folded - the website is extremely out of date?

Their facebook page still seems to be alive, and they've posted a spring intensive schedule: https://www.facebook.com/barcelona.ballet

Also from March 31 on their facebook page:

Barcelona Ballet

March 31

OPEN AUDITION FOR PROFESSIONAL FEMALE DANCERS NEXT TUESDAY 9th OF APRIL AT 11:00am IN THE STUDIOS OF BARCELONA BALLET, SITUATED AT C/CONSELL DE CENT 467-469, FOR TOUR TO ARGENTINA. DANCERS MUST BE AVAILABLE FROM THE 27TH OF MARCH TO THE 10TH OF JUNE. PLACES ARE LIMITED, SO IT IS NECESSARY TO CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE VIA MAIL AT produccion@angelcorella.org

Here's an article from the beginning of April, translate from Catalan in Google's inimitable style
http://www.lavanguar...se-corella.html

Once again the news of the departure of Ballet Corella and his Barcelona. We again allowed? Since we escaped five years ago and now is when we need it, we will fall into the same error? How can we be both donkeys? We have a golden opportunity to level cultural and economic value and we do not know.

The Liceu seeking funding in the U.S. and do not know how to get help if you associate the name of Corella Ballet Barcelona at the Gran Teatre. Besides giving it an identity that has not, make sure the claim is Corella to get sponsorship. I do not understand this lack of vision, probably why we were such bad things. We are managed by incompetent, especially in the cultural field, I feel I have to say.

#20 JMcN

JMcN

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Thanks Katherine.

#21 CarolinaM

CarolinaM

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks, Katerine and Janet!!!

This is not an article in La Vanguardia, but a letter sent by a ballet lover... one of many that are being published these days on the news. You can also see the comments below. In all the letters there are also many comments. We are so many that loved this Company!!

It is really incredible that the ones who manage Culture, no matter where but specially at the liceu, do not realize what they are loosing with Ángel Corella away, both economically and also artistically... A pity and a shame... What a country!!! :-(

I hope I'm allowed to post a link in English for you to know a bit more about http://criticasballetymas.blogspot.com.es/2013/03/barcelona-liceu-opera-house-us.html

And yes the Barcelona Ballet will be touring in Argentina beginning of June (now Ángel is dancing at the Paris Opera House the Dance of the Hours of La Gioconda). He is also scheduled in Peralada Summer Festival, for a solo and with Kazuko Omori in a pdd.

The future of the Company? Very unsure I’m afraid…..[/font][/size]

#22 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

This is a wonderful open letter!

I think it is really bizarre that the Liceu is so against hosting a beautiful, acclaimed ballet company that sells out performances at Liceu. Most opera houses around the world are enormously proud of their ballet companies. I know some managers are very pro-opera or pro-philharmonic-orchestra. But even so, allowing 2-3 weeks to stage The Nutcracker at Christmas time is an extremely reasonable way to start out.

It's just bizarre that the managers would choose Prague's Nut over their own beautiful company's production. I mean no offense to Prague. But the scenario would be similar to San Francisco's War Memorial Opera House declining San Francisco Ballet in favor of the Perm Ballet's production.

Sadly, I think this sounds very political - and whoever hires / fires the management at Liceu needs to change. Those types of politics could take years to work through. In the meantime, the finances of Ballet Barcelona require immediate action / performance opportunities.

If I win the lottery, I will definitely write them a check!

#23 CarolinaM

CarolinaM

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

This is a wonderful open letter!

I think it is really bizarre that the Liceu is so against hosting a beautiful, acclaimed ballet company that sells out performances at Liceu. Most opera houses around the world are enormously proud of their ballet companies. I know some managers are very pro-opera or pro-philharmonic-orchestra. But even so, allowing 2-3 weeks to stage The Nutcracker at Christmas time is an extremely reasonable way to start out.

It's just bizarre that the managers would choose Prague's Nut over their own beautiful company's production. I mean no offense to Prague. But the scenario would be similar to San Francisco's War Memorial Opera House declining San Francisco Ballet in favor of the Perm Ballet's production.

Sadly, I think this sounds very political - and whoever hires / fires the management at Liceu needs to change. Those types of politics could take years to work through. In the meantime, the finances of Ballet Barcelona require immediate action / performance opportunities.

If I win the lottery, I will definitely write them a check!

Yes it is really political, they do not like classical ballet, they only look after contemporary dance, they do not understand art, they have no criteria, neither any sense of opportunity...

I'm crossing fingers for you to win the lottery!!! Thank you!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):