This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Fall 2012 Mariinsky U.S Tour (Ardani)Costa Mesa & Berkeley, CA + Wash, DC

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#46 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

The UCal-Berkeley website now shows only Kondaurova and Kolegova sharing the Odette-Odiles...and five Siegfrieds!

http://www.calperfs....a-swan-lake.php

In fairness, they will likely add a 3rd O-O for the Oct 12 and Oct 13 (Friday and Saturday night) performances.

So far:

Cast* & Credits

Odette, Queen of the Swans/Odile, Odette's Double
Yekaterina Kondaurova (10, 13 mat)
Anastasia Kolegova (11, 14)

Prince Siegfried
Danila Korsuntsev (10, 13 mat)
Yevgeny Ivanchenko (11)
Vladimir Schklyarov (12)
Alexander Sergeev (13 eve)
Maxim Zuzin (14)

#47 Rosa

Rosa

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Pregnancy tally (thus far...there may be more!)

Terioshkina
Somova
A. Matvienko
Selina

+ Perren & Borchenko from the Mikhailovsky

Posted Image for the mothers-to-be!

#48 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

The UCal-Berkeley site now shows Odette-Odiles for all performances. Alas, no Osmolkina, as some had hoped. Skorik is added, taking the first of Kolegova's orig-scheduled performances. No change for Kondaurova fans; no need to run to the ticket-exchange booth!

I find it rather interesting that Skorik is being favoried in a way, by being granted the Mariinsky's two youngest and strongest Siegfrieds (Schklyarov and Sergeev). So if one wants to see these wonderful young men dance, there's no avoiding Skorik. Coincidence? Also interesting: Five Siegfrieds listed for Berkeley and not one of them is Timur Askerov, Skorik's 'usual guy' and who is partnering Skorik in two of her three O-O's the previous week in O.C.?

Odette, Queen of the Swans/Odile, Odette's Double
Yekaterina Kondaurova (10, 13 mat)
Oksana Skoryk (11, 13 eve)
Anastasia Kolegova (12, 14)

Prince Siegfried
Danila Korsuntsev (10, 13 mat)
Vladimir Schklyarov (11)
Evgeny Ivanchenko (12)
Alexander Sergeev (13 eve)
Maxim Zuzin (14)

#49 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

The UCal-Berkeley site now shows Odette-Odiles for all performances. ... No change for Kondaurova fans; no need to run to the ticket-exchange booth!

Meaning no disrespect to the other dancers, but ... Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#50 Cordelia

Cordelia

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

How tall is Skorik? She looks tall in that infamous video on youtube. Are both Shklyarov and Sergeev big enough to partner her?

#51 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

Cordelia, both Shklyarov and Sergeev are taller (and stronger - more 'bulked up') than Maxim Zyuzin, who I saw partner Skorik at the Kennedy Center in Chopiniana last January. Skorik appears taller than she is because she is so rail-thin. Also, her feet/shoes are unusually big and long.

#52 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

Kondaurova might be the best choice, especially if someone wants to see an actual Mariinsky "principal," but from what I have seen Kolegova can be quite wonderful. I wouldn't be upset by tickets to her. I think anyone with tickets for Kondaurova or Kolegova are probably safe.

#53 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Well, I decided to travel to Costa Mesa and see Ekaterina Kondaurova, whose dancing I really do like, though Swan Lake would not have been my choice of ballets to see her in. But what the heck, I won't be flying to Russia anytime soon. Please no more casting changes!

#54 YID

YID

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

• Just fyi, Costa Mesa opened Tier 3 for sales for Friday, Sat eve and Sunday performances, also a program note posted http://www.scfta.org...s/Swan Lake.pdf
  • As there'll be some forum people attending the performances, we can agree on where to catch up (there's no Kennedy head there - and i'm not familiar with the venue - so, open for suggestions)

#55 YID

YID

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

Just up on the KennCen website: http://www.kennedy-c...ts/?event=BNBSG
Do You Believe in Miracles?
PAVLENKO REPLACES SOMOVA! PAVLENKO REPLACES SOMOVA as Cinderella!!!! Will dance with her husband Sergeev. My predictions came true!!! Posted Image

[size=2]Fri., Oct. 19 at 7:30 p.m.
Cinderella: Maria Shirinkina
The Prince: Maxim Zyuzin
Stepmother: Alexandra Iosifidi

Sat., Oct. 20 at 1:30 p.m.
Cinderella: Ekaterina Osmolkina
The Prince: Igor Kolb
Stepmother: Sofia Gumerova

Sat., Oct. 20 at 7:30 p.m.
Cinderella: Daria Pavlenko
The Prince: Alexander Sergeyev

and another casting change - now - previously announced Friday becomes Saturday eve, Pavlenko moved to Sat Matinee, Osmolkina to Friday.
Fri., Oct. 19 at 7:30 p.m.

Sat., Oct. 20 at 1:30 p.m.
Cinderella: Daria Pavlenko
The Prince: Alexander Sergeev
Stepmother: Sofia Gumerova

Sat., Oct. 20 at 7:30 p.m.
Cinderella: Maria Shirinkina
The Prince: Maxim Zyuzin

Sun., Oct. 21 at 1:30 p.m.
Stepmother: Sofia Gumerova[/size]

I hope Shirinkina doesn't fail her debut (as announced at Mariinsky site - Cinderella is her debut) Openning night, then gala in NYC, then Saturday - we'll see

#56 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

YID, this is quite interesting. I wonder if there might be other changes? Whatever happens, we are counting on you to report, please! Posted Image

By the way, Zyuzin is apparently debuting too (as Prince, only at the 2nd Shirinkina perf...currently Sat night, as you point out).

Also note that Kondaurova's now scheduled to dance only one Stepmother - the opening night. Schklyarov, too, is now down to one performance in DC - opening night. It's always worth bringing 'the big guns' to an opening night, when reviewers attend.

#57 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

The complete printed playbill for next week's run of Swan Lakes in Costa Mesa is now available online, as a PDF file:
http://www.scfta.org...s/Swan Lake.pdf

#58 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

FYI: As of today Skorik is listed as a First Soloist on the Mariinsky's website.

#59 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

Wasn't Skorik already 1st Soloist for a while? Or maybe our brains have been 'set' to that because of her prominence? (ha-ha)

#60 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

I think she was 2nd Soloist. I think First Soloist is new, but she was given lots of soloist roles as if she were a 1st soloist. I guess this is no surprise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):