This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Royal Ballet 2019/20 Season

3 hours ago, Jane Simpson said:

It was the production, entirely - Schaufuss had made a cut-down version to tour in small theatres round the country and he brought it to the Coliseum, one of London's largest theatres -  I think he had about 12 dancers in all so he'd cut the mandolin dance completely and some nights he didn't have anyone to play the nurse's page and so on.... I though it was a travesty of a lovely ballet.  The good bits were that it showed Alban Lendorf (as Mercutio) in London for the first time and Osipova's Juliet came good in the second half and was really touching. But there must be hundreds of people who saw it and think that's what Ashton's like.

I should think it might look really good on the Sarasota company - though I do wish they could use Prokofiev's lighter version of the score - the one Mark Morris used: it would suit this version very well, I think.

It does need looking after, though - when Schaufuss acquired it for English National Ballet in the 1980s the first cast, coached by Ashton himself, was lovely but later casts quickly lost much of the detail and at a revival a few years later I actually left after the first act as I couldn't bear to watch what they had let it  become.

If i'm not mistaken, i think, Katherine Healy was one of the Juliets that Ashton coached( the other was Trinidad Sevilano ?).

Thank you @Jane Simpson for responding about Romeo and Juliet. It's a shame. (I own I am happy to see Osipova in pretty much anything.) But God knows I don't expect the Royal Ballet to give up dancing Macmillan's version! Just wish they would find room to prioritize Ashton more. Some of his ballets have actually proven unexpectedly hardy -- that is, proven that they can be effective even in less than ideal performances.  For example, who knew Marguerite and Armand (not, by common consensus, one of his greatest works and created for two artists who define the word "irreplaceable") would have an afterlife as a ballerina vehicle and with more than one company?

Edited by Drew

I can remember a time when the Bolshoi had three R&J's in it's rep, so I see no reason why the Ashton version should not be added, other than financial of course.  MacMillan's version has changed over the years and doesn't resemble the original now, the last time I saw it I think I fell asleep, it's become that turgid.  Of course ENB dumped the Ashton for Nureyev, an inexplicable decision.

In a few minutes time it will be the 100th anniversary of Fonteyn's birth, so a reminder of the embarrassing performances of M&A we are currently force fed adds to my gloom regarding the poor show the RB has made of her centenary,  So far just a hastily arranged gala (including Le Corsair pdd (well she did actually dance it a few times), a small exhibition in the amphi bar area and this https://www.roh.org.uk/news/margot-fonteyn-a-celebration  And there was I looking forward to an entire year of ballets created for Fonteyn, instead we have none.  Will complain no more, the tears are welling up.

On 5/15/2019 at 2:34 PM, Roberta said:

Similarly, ABT is ignoring its Tudor heritage. I last saw Gala Performance in Sarasota, Florida, in 2015. It was wonderful!

The Joffrey is similarly ignoring its heritage ballets - the Joffreys and Arpinos. I last saw a Joffrey heritage ballet in Oklahoma City, of all places, a month ago -- a fantastic Pas des Deesses. So sad that none of this is seen in the larger ballet cities of the USA.

The Joffrey is missing out on its entire heritage right now -- they offered a home to the Ballets Russe repertory when the rest of the ballet world was less than interested in those works, they were responsible for the renewed interest in Kurt Jooss' works, Tharp's first crossover works... 

I think that the Royal Ballet is old enough as an institution to allow itself to have more than one choreographer's version of Romeo and Juliet and more than one stager's version of Swan Lake available to it. As far as Romeo and Juliet is concerned my second version of Romeo and Juliet would certainly be Ashton's as staged for ENB in the mid 1980's rather the than the edited highlights version in which Osipova and Vassiliev appeared in London a few years ago. I found the work fascinating as it reveals a version almost entirely unaffected by Lavrovsky's balle. The one point at which Lavrovsky intrudes is in the interpolated "Ulanova run" where Juliet runs to Friar Laurence's cell. But it would have to be danced with a real understanding of Ashton's style, his vision and his aesthetics. His version is concerned with the personal tragedy of the lovers and his response to the score  is to create a version of the ballet which is poetic rather than one full of bombast,sword fights and an inordinate amount of emoting.

Although I am disappointed by the company's failure to mark the Fonteyn centenary adequately and particularly its failure to revive works inextricably connected with her such as Ondine and Daphnis and Chloe next season,the revival of Coppelia is a welcome surprise. As Nunez is the only dancer still in the company who danced Swanhilde  when the company last performed the ballet this revival should guarantee opportunities for debuts for dancers like Hayward, Magri, Naghdi, O'Sullivan and Stix-Brunnell with a long list of likely candidates for the role of Franz.

I fear that the season is going to be an expensive one not simply because there has been yet another round of price rises but because it guarantees that a lot of promising dancers will make significant  debuts in major roles. These debuts are particularly important as some of the leading dancers who have headed the company over the last twenty years are approaching retirement. Some of the new generation of dancers making their debuts this season are likely to be their successors .

Edited by Ashton Fan

I'm definitely not a Macmillan fan.  I ceased booking for Manon and Mayerling years ago and thought the Anastasia revival a shockingly pointless waste of time and money, but I do think his Romeo and Juliet is the most dramatically effective around.  Osipova, a couple of weeks ago, really brought it to life (after some perfectly competent but too "nicely polite and English" performances by various other casts).  Remember that the Royal doesn't have nearly as many dancers as the Bolshoi and only one full-size venue so, given ever tightening budgets, I don't see investment in another R&J as a priority.  Also I am unconvinced that there is anything better out there.  I don't think much of the over-fussy Nureyev version and, even allowing for the "understaging" of Schaufuss's revival with Osipova and Vasiliev, what remained of the choreography did not seem to me hugely inspiring.   

I'm a bit torn on which Ashton I think the Royal should preserve. I think he is very tricky for modern audiences, because although the choreography at times is breathtaking - I wouldn't be without Rhapsody, Symphonic Variations or Monotones - the sensibilities of many of his ballets are extremely dated.  For me, Two Pigeons, Sylvia and Patineurs are like watching 1950s Shakespeare, with everyone doing terribly terribly BBC accents and Olivier blacking up for Othello.  Wouldn't fly at the RSC or National Theatre and I don't see why the RB should be any different (other than ballet's innate conservatism and ageing audiences).  Sylvia can just about rise above it by being camp as Christmas and Les Patineurs is now performed with tongue firmly in cheek, but I find that Two Pigeons just swings between unbearably twee sexism and cack-handed racial stereotypes.  

Although I complained above about a hastily arranged gala. I now think it will turn out well as details of  Fonteyn's gala have now leaked and although I won't break any rules by revealing the programme, I will just say I am very happy with the contents, and many of us older ballet goers are already excited..  Really looking forward to Saturday now, even considering dressing up.

Edited by Mashinka
Clarity
On 5/30/2019 at 5:57 AM, Ashton Fan said:

Although I am disappointed by the company's failure to mark the Fonteyn centenary adequately and particularly its failure to revive works inextricably connected with her such as Ondine and Daphnis and Chloe next season,the revival of Coppelia is a welcome surprise. As Nunez is the only dancer still in the company who danced Swanhilde  when the company last performed the ballet this revival should guarantee opportunities for debuts for dancers like Hayward, Magri, Naghdi, O'Sullivan and Stix-Brunnell with a long list of likely candidates for the role of Franz.

Some casting has been posted on the dancer's repertoire pages. McRae, Bracewell, Corrales, Sambé, Acri are listed for Franz in 'Coppelia' 

Morera, Nuñez, Takada, Choe, and O' Sullivan are listed for Swanhilda. 

I think we definitely should be keeping an eye on O'Sullivan this upcoming season. She's also got Princess Aurora in 'Sleeping Beauty' listed for the upcoming season, as well as 'Concerto', and Dorabella in 'Enigma Variations'. 

As mentioned before by Ashton Fan, I think this is going to be a very interesting and important season for those younger and upcoming dancers due to the approaching retirements of the leading dancers. This could also be just me, but I find it interesting that older, more senior dancers like Cuthbertson or Nuñez aren't slated for Aurora. 

Of course, like always, casting is subject to change. 

(Also, hello! I believe this is my first post in the Royal Ballet section, but I've been monitoring occasionally over the past few months.) 

The casting for the Concerto mixed bill seems to be missing at present. The casting information which I have seen suggests that Mr O'Hare may have decided to let his dancers have a go at Enigma Variations rather than treating it as a ballet which really needs a near perfect cast to enable the audience to experience the ballet as Ashton created it. It is one those Ashton works like Symphonic Variations and Scenes de Ballet where casting really matters and you either field a near perfect cast or you abandon the idea of reviving it. The Royal Ballet's revival at the end of Mason's directorship had a less than perfect cast and when BRB brought their revival of the ballet to London a couple of years ago what you saw was, to be polite about it, variable in quality.If you went to Sadler's Wells on the first night that the mixed bill was being performed you saw a very well danced Theme and Variation and a lacklustre Enigma and if you went to the matinee the following day you saw a good account of Enigma and a lacklustre account of Theme.

Edited by Ashton Fan

Manon

Wednesday 2 October at 7.30pm Lamb, Muntagirov, Hirano, Mendizabal, Saunders  (Manon, Des Grieux, Lescaut, Lescaut’s Mistress, Monsieur G.M.)

Thursday 3 October at 7.30pm Cuthbertson, Ball*, Zucchetti, Stix-Brunell, Gartside

Saturday 5 October at 12 noon Lamb, Muntagirov, Hirano, Mendizabal, Saunders

Wednesday 9 October at 7.30pm Nuñez, Bolle#, Sambé, Naghdi, Avis

Saturday 12 October at 7.30pm Nuñez, Bolle#, Sambé, Naghdi, Avis

Tuesday 15 October at 7.30pm Osipova, Hallberg#, Hirano, Calvert, Saunders

Wednesday 16 October at 7.30pm Takada, McRae, Hay, Choe, Whitehead

Thursday 17 October at 1.30pm Cuthbertson, Ball, Zucchetti, Stix-Brunell, Gartside

Saturday 19 October at 1.30pm Hayward, Campbell, Corrales*, Magri*, Whitehead

Saturday 19 October at 7.30pm Osipova, Hallberg#, Hirano, Calvert, Saunders

Wednesday 23 October at 7.30pm Morera, Bonelli, Acri*, Hinkis, Gartside

Tuesday 29 October at 7.30pm Hayward, Campbell, Corrales, Magri, Whitehead

Thursday 31 October at 7.30pm Morera, Bonelli, Acri, Hinkis, Gartside

Wednesday 6 November at 7.30pm Takada, McRae, Hay, Choe, Whitehead

Concerto/ Enigma Variations/ Raymonda Act III

Tuesday 22 October at 7.30pm

Concerto: Takada*, Sambé*, Cuthbertson*, Clarke*, Kaneko*

Enigma Variations: Morera*, Saunders, Hayward*, Ball* (The Lady Elgar, Edward Elgar, Dorabella, Troyte)

Raymonda Act III: Lamb*, McRae (Raymonda, Jean de Brienne)

Friday 25 October at 7.30pm

Concerto: Hayward*, Corrales*, Hamilton*, Brændsrød*, Calvert

Enigma Variations: Arestis, Avis, Naghdi*, Campbell*

Raymonda Act III: Cuthbertson*, Bonelli*

Saturday 26 October at 7.30pm

Concerto: Takada, Sambé, Cuthbertson, Clarke, Kaneko

Enigma Variations: McNally*, Gartside*, O’Sullivan*, Bracewell*

Raymonda Act III: Lamb, McRae

Monday 28 October at 7.30pm

Concerto: O’Sullivan*, Hay*, Naghdi*, Hirano, Magri*

Enigma Variations: Morera, Saunders, Hayward, Ball

Raymonda Act III: Osipova*, Muntagirov*

Saturday 2 November at 12 noon

Concerto: Hayward, Corrales, Hamilton, Brændsrød, Calvert

Enigma Variations: Arestis, Avis, Naghdi, Campbell

Raymonda Act III: Osipova, Muntagirov

Tuesday 5 November at 7.30pm† WORLDWIDE LIVE CINEMA RELAY

Concerto: O’Sullivan, Hay, Naghdi, Hirano, Magri (Naghdi/Hirano dancing the 2nd Movement)

Enigma Variations: Morera, Saunders, Hayward, Ball

Raymonda Act III: Osipova, Muntagirov

Wednesday 18 December at 1.30pm

Concerto: Stix-Brunell*, Richardson*, Lamb, Edmonds*, Heap

Enigma Variations: McNally, Gartside, Hinkis*, Bracewell

Raymonda Act III: Cuthbertson, Bonelli

Wednesday 18 December at 7pm

Concerto: Takada, Sambé, Naghdi, Hirano, Kaneko

Enigma Variations: Morera, Saunders, O’Sullivan, Ball

Raymonda Act III: Nuñez, Muntagirov

Friday 20 December at 1.30pm

Concerto: Stix-Brunell, Richardson, Lamb, Edmonds, Heap

Enigma Variations: Arestis, Avis, Naghdi, Campbell

Raymonda Act III: Cuthbertson, Bonelli

Friday 20 December at 7pm

Concerto: Takada, Sambé, Naghdi, Hirano, Calvert

Enigma Variations: McNally, Gartside, Hinkis, Bracewell

Raymonda Act III: Nuñez, Muntagirov

The Sleeping Beauty

Opening Night - Thursday 7 November at 7.30pm Yasmine Naghdi, Matthew Ball  (Princess Aurora, Prince Florimund)

Saturday 9 November at 1.30pm Kaneko*, Clarke

Saturday 9 November at 7pm Hayward, Campbell

Monday 11 November at 7.30pm Takada, McRae

Wednesday 13 November at 7.30pm Hayward, Campbell

Thursday 14 November at 7.30pm Naghdi, Ball

Friday 15 November at 7.30pm Takada, McRae

Tuesday 19 November at 7.30pm Hayward, Campbell

Wednesday 20 November at 7.30pm Osipova, Hallberg*

Saturday 23 November at 7.30pm Takada, McRae

Monday 2 December at 7.30pm Osipova, Hallberg

Thursday 5 December at 2pm O’Sullivan*, Hay

Thursday 5 December at 7.30pm Lamb, Hirano

Saturday 7 December at 7pm Naghdi, Ball

Wednesday 11 December at 7.30pm Lamb, Hirano

Thursday 12 December at 7.30pm O’Sullivan, Hay

Saturday 14 December at 1.30pm Cuthbertson, Bonelli

Saturday 14 December at 7pm Lamb, Hirano

Thursday 9 January at 7.30pm Nuñez, Muntagirov

Saturday 11 January at 7.30pm Cuthbertson, Bonelli

Wednesday 15 January at 7.30pm Nuñez, Muntagirov

Thursday 16 January at 7.30pm† LIVE CINEMA Cuthbertson, Bonelli

Coppélia

Thursday 28 November at 7.30pm Hayward*, McRae*, Avis* (Swanilda, Franz, Doctor Coppélius)

Friday 29 November at 7.30pm Nuñez, Muntagirov*, Avis

Wednesday 4 December at 7.30pm Hayward, McRae, Avis

Tuesday 10 December at 7.30pm† WORLDWIDE LIVE CINEMA Nuñez, Muntagirov, Avis

Monday 23 December at 2pm Morera*, Campbell*, Gartside*

Monday 23 December at 7pm Naghdi*, Ball*, Marriott

Saturday 28 December at 2pm O’Sullivan*, Sambé*, Mosley

Saturday 28 December at 7pm Naghdi, Ball, Marriott

Monday 30 December at 2pm Magri*, Corrales*, Whitehead*

Monday 30 December at 7pm Morera, Campbell, Gartside

Tuesday 31 December at 12 noon Takada*, Bracewell*, Whitehead

Tuesday 31 December at 5pm Choe*, Acri*, Howells*

Thursday 2 January at 7.30pm Takada, Bracewell, Whitehead

Friday 3 January at 7.30pm O’Sullivan, Sambé, Mosley

Saturday 4 January at 2pm Magri, Corrales, Whitehead

Saturday 4 January at 7pm Hayward, McRae, Avis

Tuesday 7 January at 7.30pm Morera, Campbell, Gartside

Thank you Katia for this very clear list of next season's ballet's, some very interesting casting in there.  However I seem to remember more comprehensive details in the casting of Enigma Variations in the past.  Who gets to dance GRS, Wayne Sleep's old role?  It's so virtuoso including fouettes,  James Hay I hope.  Then there is the romantic couple, and Jaeger, the latter role requiring an exceptionally sensitive artist.  Lauren Cuthbertson would suit Lady Mary Lygon particularly well, as the beautiful Deanne Bergsma created such a unique air of mystery, she's a hard act to follow.  Amazed Corrales hasn't been cast as Troyte, surely his speed is ideal for the role. 

Still aghast at yet another round of Manons, I for one am Manoned out.

SO well deserved. 

I was at the mid-day matinee today.  Saw two thirds of it.  (I had an 11am meeting and the performance began at noon.)  Thought Osipova was very (and glowingly) Judith Bliss like as Natalia Petrovna.  Didn't really get Hallberg as Beliaev, though he partnered Osipova well in the last glorious PDD.  He is such a strange bird.  He can still hve nice line but - I don't really know how to put it - he wafts.  Kaneko was stunning in the SIC 1st Movement and Matthew Ball did well in his debut opposite her.  Nunez was potent in the 2nd Movement opposite Hirano who partnered well.  Choe has no right (as far as I'm concerned) ... well, is simply not technically apt for the third movement - from the evidence of this afternoon you would wonder how she ever got to be a soloist - but Campbell came through nonetheless outside her determined tandem.  Hayward struggled with the turns in the fourth (I begin to see why she wasn't given a Swan Lake - although she is SO ravishing in other things - like Vera in Month the other night) but Hay - Oh, my Hay - opposite her - was simply outstanding.  He is so luxuriously lithe and always dramatically and musically elegant at once and the same time.  The ballet, of course, is a thing of rapturous joy.  

Afterwards I found myself imagining when the current crop of senior principals has retired in a few years (i.e., Morera, Cuthbertson, Nunez, Osipova and Lamb having departed on the ladies side ... and Soares (already gone really), Kish (now into Character roles), Watson, McRae and Bonneli from the male contingent having moved on) .... what glories there will be.  On the women's side you would/could/will??? have Naghdi, Hayward, Takada, O'Sullivan and Kaneko and (from the male perspective) Muntagirov, Ball, Sambe, Corrales, Sissens and Hay.  They ALMOST wouldn't need to announce casting in far advance (although I'm sure the audience will - understandably - be braying for such).  The principal team as a whole would - in such a case - be so strong as a unit it could speak proudly for itself no matter the combo.  Well done, KO'H.  

Edited by meunier fan

I see she seems to be cast in limited ways, but I am also very curious about the future of Hamilton who strikes me as remarkably talented as well. A genuinely distinct dancer. 

And a decade ago Osipova gave some of the most remarkable performances of Swanilda I have ever seen. Wish she could have revisited the role at the Royal.

Delighted to read of Sambe’s promotion! Hope I have a chance to see more of him in the future.

Edited by Drew
Glaring typo
13 hours ago, meunier fan said:

Hayward struggled with the turns in the fourth (I begin to see why she wasn't given a Swan Lake - although she is SO ravishing in other things - like Vera in Month the other night) but Hay - Oh, my Hay - opposite her - was simply outstanding.  He is so luxuriously lithe and always dramatically and musically elegant at once and the same time.  The ballet, of course, is a thing of rapturous joy.  

Afterwards I found myself imagining when the current crop of senior principals has retired in a few years (i.e., Morera, Cuthbertson, Nunez, Osipova and Lamb having departed on the ladies side ... and Soares (already gone really), Kish (now into Character roles), Watson, McRae and Bonneli from the male contingent having moved on) .... what glories there will be.  On the women's side you would/could/will??? have Naghdi, Hayward, Takada, O'Sullivan and Kaneko and (from the male perspective) Muntagirov, Ball, Sambe, Corrales, Sissens and Hay.  They ALMOST wouldn't need to announce casting in far advance (although I'm sure the audience will - understandably - be braying for such).  The principal team as a whole would - in such a case - be so strong as a unit it could speak proudly for itself no matter the combo.  Well done, KO'H.  

Laura Morera (44) is the oldest principal, followed by Sarah Lamb (38), Marianela Nunez (37), Lauren Culbertson (35), Natalia Osipova (33), Akane Takada (29), Yasmine Naghdi (27) and Francesca Hayward (27).                                                               Potential future principals could be Fumi Kaneko, Anna-Rose O'Sullivan and Mayara Magri once some of the older female principals retire. 

With regard to the male principals, Edward Watson (42) is the oldest, Frederico Bonelli (42), Thiago Soares (38), Nehemiah Kish (37), Ryoichi Hirano (36), Alexander Campbell (33), Steven McRae(33), Vadim Muntagirov (29) and Matthew Ball (25). Marcelino Sambe (25) joins the rank of principals at the start of Season 2019-2020.                                                               Potential future male principals could be Cesar Corrales, William Bracewell, perhaps Reece Clarke, Joseph Sissens has potential, James Hay (a very fine dancer) has not (yet) been promoted and I wonder if he ever will but there are at least four potential males to eventually replace the older principals when they retire.

I attended Tuesday and Friday Triple Bill and Francesca Hayward struggled indeed with technicalities when performing 4th Movement of Symphony in C, on both occasions. Hayward is an exquisite natural dancer and is mainly cast to dance roles such as Manon, Giselle, Alice in Wonderland, Clara in Nutcracker, Rhapsody but when it comes to the highly classical, demanding technical roles she is no match to Naghdi or Takada. Hayward has danced few highly classical tutu roles besides a few Sugar Plums and one Aurora and I really can't see her getting successfully through demanding full-length classical roles such as Odette/Odile or Kitri as well as Aurora; however she is truly ravishing as Meunier said in the naturalistic roles such as Vera in Month in the Country and Manon to name just a few. The classicists amongst the younger principals are Yasmine Naghdi and Akane Takada. Yasmine Naghdi's debut as The Firebird last Tuesday was truly outstanding, received high acclaim by all the dance critics and audience alike. The Royal Ballet has such an amazing array of superb dancers, some great in naturalistic roles, others exquisite in the classical tutu roles. 

I'm grateful for the list of actual ages.  Steven Mcrae at 33 is also a very long way off retirement I would hope.  The dancer that grabs my attention even in the corps is Joseph Sissons, principal material or not, I look forward to seeing him in more featured roles in the years ahead.  You do not mention Ms Stix Brunell, a dancer I want to see far more of.  Hayward is a far better dancer than your assessment, the reason she didn't dance in Don Q. was because she was on leave of absence.  She most certainly has danced Aurora though unfortunately she cancelled the performance I had booked for due to ill health so I cannot comment on how good she was.  What I will say about Hayward is this, the Royal Ballet is no longer a strictly classical company and its dancers are now required to dance in a variety of styles and Francesca Hayward excels in all of them.  Versatility is now the key to success in the RB.  

7 hours ago, Katia Kapustin said:

With regard to the male principals, Edward Watson (42) is the oldest, Frederico Bonelli (42)

Watson's birthday took place a couple of weeks ago, and I believe he is now 43, class of 1994. Bonelli competed in the Prix de Lausanne in 1996, so he could not have been 19 at the time. Since he is class of 1996, I believe he was 18 then and is 41 now.

I, for one, will be immensely sorry to see this generation of dancers leave the stage. Indeed, I'm not sure I'll get over it, and it may well mark the end of my ballet-going days. 

I have no idea and no opinion whether she will ever be a principal dancer at the Royal or whether she ought to be, but I can think of a number of principal roles I would be curious and/or even eager to see Melissa Hamilton dance.

Edited by Drew

Don't know if it has been mentioned elsewhere - but there was a lovely celebration of Fonteyn on Saturday night.  In so many ways a special outing.  Here is the line-up:

THE ROYAL BALLET

MARGOT FONTEYN

A CELEBRATION

SATURDAY 8 JUNE 2019

THE FIREBIRD

THE FIREBIRD – ITZIAR MENDIZABAL

IVAN TSAREVICH – NEHEMIAH KISH

THE BEAUTIFUL TSAREVNA – CLAIRE CALVERT

THE IMMORTAL KOSTCHEÏ – CHRISTOPHER SAUNDERS

THE ENCHANTED PRINCESSES

TARA-BRIGITTE BHAVNANI, MICA BRADBURY, ANNETTE BUVOLI, YUHUI CHOE, HELEN CRAWFORD, LETICIA DIAS, HANNAH GRENNELL, ISABEL LUBACH, KRISTEN MCNALLY, ROMANY PAJDAK, GINA STORM-JENSEN, LARA TURK

INDIANS, KOSTCHEÏ’S WIVES, YOUTHS, KIKIMORAS, THE BOLIBOTCHKI, MONSTERS, ATTENDANTS, PAGES, CAVALIERS

ARTISTS OF THE ROYAL BALLET, STUDENTS OF THE ROYAL BALLET SCHOOL

INTERVAL

Thomas Whitehead and Marianela Nunez in The Sleeping Beauty photo by Andrej Uspenski ROH Thomas Whitehead and Marianela Nunez in The Sleeping Beauty photo by Andrej Uspenski ROH

THE SLEEPING BEAUTY

THE ROSE ADAGE

PRINCESS AURORA – MARIANELA NUÑEZ

ENGLISH PRINCE – GARY AVIS

FRENCH PRINCE – NICOL EDMONDS

INDIAN PRINCE – NEHEMIAH KISH

RUSSIAN PRINCE – THOMAS WHITEHEAD

KING FLORESTAN – ALASTAIR MARRIOTT

HIS QUEEN – CHRISTINA ARESTIS

Marianela Nunez in The Sleeping Beauty photo by Andrej Uspenski ROH Marianela Nunez in The Sleeping Beauty photo by Andrej Uspenski ROH

NOCTURNE

BEATRIZ STIX-BRUNELL

THE WISE VIRGINS

ROMANY PAJDAK

Romany Pajdakin The Wise Virgins, photo by Andrej Uspenkie ROH Romany Pajdakin The Wise Virgins, photo by Andrej Uspenkie ROH

BIRTHDAY OFFERING

VARIATION

FUMI KANEKO

PAS DE DEUX

SARAH LAMB, RYOICHI HIRANO

Sarah Lamb and Ryoichi Hirano in Birthday Offering, photo by Andrej Uspenski ROH Sarah Lamb and Ryoichi Hirano in Birthday Offering, photo by Andrej Uspenski ROH

ONDINE

FRANCESCA HAYWARD, EDWARD WATSON

Francesca Hayward in Ondine, photo Andrej Uspenski ROH Francesca Hayward in Ondine, photo Andrej Uspenski ROH
Francesca Hayward in Ondine, photo Andrej Uspenkie ROH
Francesca Hayward in Ondine, photo Andrej Uspenski

SYLVIA

MAYARA MAGRI

ANNETTE BUVOLI, CLAIRE CALVERT, YUHUI CHOE, LETICIA DIAS, HANNAH GRENNELL, CHISATO KATSURA, GINA STORM-JENSEN, LARA TURK

Mayara Magri in Sylvia, photo Andrej Uspenski ROH Mayara Magri in Sylvia, photo Andrej Uspenski ROH

DAPHNIS AND CHLOË

ANNA ROSE O’SULLIVAN, ALEXANDER CAMPBELL

Alexander Campbell and Anna Rose O'Sullivan in Daphnis and Chloe, photo by Andrej Uspenski ROH Alexander Campbell and Anna Rose O’Sullivan in Daphnis and Chloe, photo by Andrej Uspenski ROH

ROMEO AND JULIET

NATALIA OSIPOVA, DAVID HALLBERG

David Hallberg and Natalia Osipova in Romeo and Juliet, photo by Andrej Uspenskie ROH David Hallberg and Natalia Osipova in Romeo and Juliet, photo by Andrej Uspenskie ROH

FAÇADE

TANGO

DARCEY BUSSELL, GARY AVIS

Darcey Bussell and Gary Avis in Fascade photo Andrej Uspesnski Darcey Bussell and Gary Avis in Fascade photo Andrej Uspesnski Darcey Bussell and Gary Avis, Facade photo by Andrej Uspenski ROH Darcey Bussell and Gary Avis, Facade photo by Andrej Uspenski ROH

LE CORSAIRE

YASMINE NAGHDI, VADIM MUNTAGIROV

Vadim Muntagirov and Yasmine Naghdi in Le Corsaire, photo Andrej Uspenski Vadim Muntagirov and Yasmine Naghdi in Le Corsaire, photo Andrej Uspenski

APPARITIONS

LAUREN CUTHBERTSON, MATTHEW BALL

MICA BRADBURY, ANNETTE BUVOLI, ISABEL LUBACH, JULIA ROSCOE, LETICIA STOCK, GINA STORM-JENSEN, LARA TURK, YU HANG, DAVID DONNELLY, TÉO DUBREUIL, KEVIN EMERTON, TOMAS MOCK, ERICO MONTES, AIDEN O’BRIEN, FRANCISCO SERRANO, JOSEPH SISSENS

Lauren Cuthbertson and Matthew Ball in Apparitions Lauren Cuthbertson and Matthew Ball in Apparitions