tamicute

Yulia Stepanova

On 3/28/2018 at 2:38 AM, Mashinka said:

Not in that picture she isn't

On 3/28/2018 at 2:54 AM, mnacenani said:

OMG - you have committed a cardinal sin ...... inexcusable  :D

ūüėéūü§£

On ‚Äé5‚Äé/‚Äé4‚Äé/‚Äé2018 at 11:34 AM, Quinten said:

Google translation of the photographer's comment "first Nikia in the block, ÔĽŅwhich prompted tears of empathy.¬†Julia, bravo!"

This was indeed Nikiya danced from the depths of her soul (the previous three Nikiyas, "in this bloc," were Zakharova, Krysanova and Smirnova), I shed a tear already in a surprisingly moving opening scene with the Brahmin, I don't recall this ever happening before. In the Kingdom of Shades Stepanova was more mellow, more otherworldly, than usual. Her Solor, Lobukhin, displayed profound expression, and produced excellent partnering (in his hands, Stepanova was weightlessly flying suspended through the air in the Kingdom of Shades).

A rare gem from a certain, aptly named, "lapetitratdelopera", caught my attention

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLoQFpEDI7M/

5 hours ago, Laurent said:

This was indeed Nikiya danced from the depths of her soul (the previous three Nikiyas, "in this bloc," were Zakharova, Krysanova and Smirnova), I shed a tear already in a surprisingly moving opening scene with the Brahmin, I don't recall this ever happening before. In the Kingdom of Shades Stepanova was more mellow, more otherworldly, than usual. Her Solor, Lobukhin, displayed profound expression, and produced excellent partnering (in his hands, Stepanova was weightlessly flying suspended through the air in the Kingdom of Shades).

A rare gem from a certain, aptly named, "lapetitratdelopera", caught my attention

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLoQFpEDI7M/

As one would expect, she gets more comfortable with the role and the partner each time they perform.  I believe this was her 5th Bayadere and her second with Lobukin, with whom she also danced Le Corsaire and Raymonda.  I'd like to see them together more in the future. He seems to give her a sense of security and is obviously a source of inspiration for her, and also because he is a wonderful dancer who should be given a broader range of roles at Bolshoi. A Legend of Love would be wonderful with the two of them!

I had seen that Medora clip before but did not realize it was on a Vaganova trip to Japan.  No wonder the Japanese fans are crazy about her!