This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

City Ballet 2016-2017 Season

I can't find the actual schedules on the NYCB web site. If anybody receive the press release with the attachment of actual schedule (mentioned in the release, but not provided), could you post that?

A day later and these schedules have not appeared anywhere on the site that I can find. Did any people here on their press list get the actual schedule?

The NYCB homepage now provides a little more info (very little) about next season. Balanchine ballets that will return include Prodigal Son, Firebird and Divertimento 15. Robbins' The Cage and Dances at a Gathering will return.

It seems like Prodigal and Divert. 15 have been missing from the rep for a long time, so it is good to see the return of those ballets.

Casting up for week 2. All-new casting for May 1 in Emeralds and Rubies. Very exciting - especially Rubies with Lovette, Huxley, and the very tall Emily Kikta. So glad to see her back in action and making progress. Also Megan LeCrone in Rubies earlier in the week. Reichlen seems to be needed for duty in Diamonds.

ETA: I see I posted in the wrong forum. Should be spring 2016. Don't know how to move my post.

Enjoy Robbie Fairchild's performances while you can. He will be going to London's West End to star in American in Paris starting in March 2017. I'm sure that it is at least a one year gig. Frankly, given his complaints regarding the physical demands of the role, I'm a little surprised that he agreed to move to London for a year to do this role again. I guess they made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

The program for each performance day is posted on the NYCB website. It will show if you log in first then go to the calendar beginning Sept 20 2016

I tried to view the fall 2016 and winter 2017 schedules but the calendar still shows "There are no events for this date". Is this method still working for you or have they perhaps taken the schedules down since the time you posted?

Audreydoll, I could not see the program info for next season until I signed into my account. Only then was I able to see every program for every date next season.

Thank you for responding. I did sign in to my account but still can't see anything. Are you a subscriber? I only buy single tickets each year so maybe the schedule is only viewable to subscribers at this point.

I'm mostly curious to know the ballets and dates for the Richard Rodgers program. If anyone can view the schedule details, I'd appreciate it if you could post that info or PM me.

If anyone has the time to post a list of the returning Balanchine ballets, it would be greatly appreciated!

Here you go:

Fall 2016, 9/20-10/16/16

Stravinsky Violin Concerto

Monumentum pro Gesualdo

Movements for Piano and Orchestra

Duo Concertant

Symphony in Three Movements

Divertimento No. 15

Episodes

Vienna Waltzes

Jewels

Stars and Stripes

Serenade

Tschaikovsky Pas de Deux

Western Symphony

Firebird

Winter 2017, 1/17-2/26/17

La Sonnambula

Prodigal Son

Firebird

Allegro Brillante

Swan Lake

The Four Temperaments

Stravinsky Violin Concerto

Garland Waltz as part of Sleeping Beauty

Slaughter on Tenth Avenue

Spring 2017, 4/18-5/28/17

Allegro Brillante

The Four Temperaments

Symphony in C

A Midsummer Night’s Dream

There's not even a single Balanchine in the middle 4 four weeks of the spring 2017 season, so I'll concentrate on ABT for those weeks.

Thank you for responding. I did sign in to my account but still can't see anything. Are you a subscriber? I only buy single tickets each year so maybe the schedule is only viewable to subscribers at this point.

I'm mostly curious to know the ballets and dates for the Richard Rodgers program. If anyone can view the schedule details, I'd appreciate it if you could post that info or PM me.

I'm a subscriber and I can only see the fall schedule till October 9th and then the rest of it is blank.

Thanks, mussel. I'm disappointed no Liebeslieder Walzer, but I know it didn't sell a lot of tickets. But why on earth no Ballet Imperial? Hard to understand some of the choices. I've seen many of these pieces many many times in recent years, so my interest will depend heavily on the casting.

There's not even a single Balanchine in the middle 4 four weeks of the spring 2017 season

How very odd. I'll be curious to see what effect this experiment has on the box office.

I recall seeing Scotch Symphony long time ago.

I remember a performance with Kathryn Morgan, Robert Fairchild and Erica Pereira, but that was some time ago.