This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Wish List for Next Spring-Summer Season

Hope I'm allowed to suggest a new topic. If not, please forgive.

My wish list for next season would be:

Sarah Lane as Swanilda;

Stella Abrera as Giselle with David Hallberg as Albrecht;

Veronika Part in two Swan Lakes, several days apart;

Vishneva and Gomes in Manon and Onegin (or maybe I mean Othello).

Would anyone else like to weigh in?

Macmillan's Mayerling with Gomes as the Crown Prince Rudolf, Vishneva as Mary Vetsera, and Part as Marie Larish.

Jiri Kylian's Petite Mort.

Ashton's Rhapsody with Osipova/Simkin and Reyes/Cornejo.

I would also like to see Vishneva/Gomes do Manon and Onegin.

Macmillan's Mayerling with Gomes as the Crown Prince Rudolf, Vishneva as Mary Vetsera, and Part as Marie Larish.

Jiri Kylian's Petite Mort.

Ashton's Rhapsody with Osipova/Simkin and Reyes/Cornejo.

I would also like to see Vishneva/Gomes do Manon and Onegin.

I hope that someone at ABT is reading this thread and making note.

I would dye to see ABT taking over the weeks left by the City Opera at the State theater.

That would allow so many opportunities for talented young dancers of the company and for many of the ABT loyal fans too :)

I beleive both NYCB and ABT would benefit from this, and there is no need for an overlapping in the rep.

I am sure both companies would get a lot of new fans.

Please, bring back "La Fille.....", Manon, Oneguin and Ashton's Sylvia !

A few unrealistic wishes:

Kevin M., please, the whole world is screaming for beautiful/emotional Act IV to be added to the current production of SL , its been more than 10 yrs waiting ! Could Ratmansky stage a new one based on the original?

I beleive there is a lot of material at Harvard's library in Boston.

How about the much talked Tudor's R&J ?

A few more realistic wishes:

- Vishneva/Gomes in Giselle (and in Manon/Oneguin)

- Part doing 2 SL (as last year, on Monday and Saturday :) )

Part/Bolle in Bayadere and SL (if not, then give her Marcelo, pls)

- Another Semionova/Gomes SL (I know, there is so much Marcelo can dance)

(Osipova's debut in SL with David ?)

- Since it looks like Corsaire is coming back, I am going to ask for Osipova/Vasiliev/Simkim.

(How about Part's debut in Medora ?)

- Alina C, Polina S. and Osipova in as much as possible

- Sarah Lane debuting in a full length (whatever they think is better for her, but something serious/challenging, pls)

I support strongly the ideas of Macmillan's Mayerling and Ashton's Rhapsody

Love some of these ideas. Particularly:

Lane - Coppelia

Osipova/Vaseliev and Lane/Cornejo in La fille

I'd love to see a rep program of ABT goodies from the past. My list would be endless, but to begin with:

Billy the Kid with Gomes

Intermezzo (Feld) - Many casting possibilites

Miss Julie - Kristi Boone (an under utilized dancer at ABT, but was an excellent Siren in Prodigal Son)

Push Comes to Shove (Tharp) - I believe the original cast was (correct me if I'm wrong) Van Hamel, Baryshnikov & Marianna Tcherkasski so how about Murphy, Cornejo, Lane

And wouldn't it be fun to see Osipova do Rodeo!

Also let's have Ashton's Dream back with Cojocaru (If ABT did the Balanchine version I'd love to see her do that second act pas de deux)

Also bring back The Bright Stream - all casts seem to work well.

Some additional suggestions (and I must say I like all of them listed in this thread so far)

Ashton's Scenes de Ballet, Symphonic Variations, and La Valse.

Tudor's Lilac Garden.

Macmillan's Gloria and Song of the Earth. My Song of the Earth dream cast would be Vishneva/Hallberg/Gomes (Gomes as the Messenger of Death). I'd also be interested in seeing Semionova dance this.

Bayadere with Semionova/Hallberg/Vishneva or Semionova/Gomes/Vishneva. I realize Gamzatti plays second fiddle to Nikiya in terms of stage time, but I think Vishneva would be splendid in the role. Guillem actually did Gamzatti vs. Asylmuratova's Nikiya back in the day, so its not like a star dancer hasn't done it before.

To go along with Vishneva and Gomes in Manon, I'd like to see Radetsky do Lescaut and Abrera his mistress.

Swan Lake with Osipova/Hallberg.

Romeo and Juliet with Seo/Bolle.

With ABT inviting so many guest artists in a season, I feel NY audiences would take to the Royal Ballet's Marianela Nunez. I'd like her to dance Sleeping Beauty with Hallberg and Swan Lake with Gomes. She is a wonderful dancer, and I'd love to see how her dancing would respond to having better partners than her current one at the Royal, Thiago Soares, whose dancing falls well short of hers.

I'd also like to see Corella dancing regularly with the company again.

Will never happen in my lifetime but I would like to see Kevin McKenzie's idea for an all-Shakespeare night come to fruition:

Ashton's The Dream

Limon's The Moor's Pavane (w/ Gomes as the Moor, Hallberg as the Moor's Friend, Part as the Friend's Wife and one of the newer corps members as the Moor's Wife. Guest artist Carreno would be welcome as the Moor as well.)

Tudor's Romeo and Juliet (maybe w/ Lane and her husband Ribagorda as R and J???)

Will never happen in my lifetime but I would like to see Kevin McKenzie's idea for an all-Shakespeare night come to fruition:

Ashton's The Dream

Limon's The Moor's Pavane (w/ Gomes as the Moor, Hallberg as the Moor's Friend, Part as the Friend's Wife and one of the newer corps members as the Moor's Wife. Guest artist Carreno would be welcome as the Moor as well.)

Tudor's Romeo and Juliet (maybe w/ Lane and her husband Ribagorda as R and J???)

The Moors Pavane - yes!

Tudor's R& J - yes!

Also, I'm serious - Osipova as the cowgirl in Rodeo.

Sarah Lane as Swanilda, Aurora, Juliet and Giselle. She's danced and inhabited the character of Aurora already (beautifully). She's the next best choice for female principal. Why do the powers that be ignore this?

More of Stella Abrera (in principal roles)and with the principal title.

Kristi Boone as Myrta, Gamzatti, Lilac Fairy, etc.

Joseph Gorak and Thomas Forster given more opportunities to perform and, thus, get ready for soloist roles.

Few, if any guest appearances. ABT has the talent but it needs to be nurtured and given opportunities.

Wish list refers to next season and beyond.

I would love to see Veronika Part dance Giselle. In her July 2011 Dance magazine feature she says she hopes to dance the role: Kevin, please listen! And I echo the earlier suggestion that it would be great to see her do Manon with Marcelo.

I'd also like to see Misty Copeland as Kitri.

There are so many good ideas on this thread. I hope someone in power at ABT is reading it. My choices have already been mentioned. I have been waiting to see Stella and David in Giselle since 2008. I would also love to see La Fille again with the dancers mentioned. Also I think Daniil Simkin would make a great Colas. He could be partnered with either Lane, Osipova or Reyes. The best Colas I ever saw was Corella. I think he could still dance the role. I would love to see Onegin with Marcelo and Diana. I would also love to see them in Mayerling, along with Veronika Part as has been mentioned. And I've been wanting to see ABT dance A Month in the Country ever since I saw the Royal Ballet dance it in 1981.

I also agree with Abatt about Raymonda. I don't know why it's never been revived. And please no more James Kudelka ballets or John Neumeier (just my opinion).

And I've been wanting to see ABT dance A Month in the Country ever since I saw the Royal Ballet dance it in 1981.

And please no more James Kudelka ballets or John Neumeier (just my opinion).

I couldn't agree more! A Month in the Country is my favorite Ashton Ballet and I think ABT would do it justice.

Hear, hear on the Kudelka/Neumeier comment!

Wonderful, wonderful ideas above.

Some more suggestions for Cojocaru - I'd like to see her in "Raymonda" whose choreography has a lot of elements of Aurora in "Sleeping Beauty". I'd also like to see her Juliet and possibly "Swan Lake" which is in her Royal Ballet repertory (not sure it is one of her best roles). Cojocaru could also do Lise in "Fille" as well.

I would also love for ABT to do Jewels--it would make for a fascinating contrast of NYCB and ABT doing the work. ABT does other Balanchine works and has the dancers to perform the ballet. While I realize the ballet is performed quite often across the plaza, the work has become part of more and more companies' repertories, and I fail to see why ABT shouldn't follow suit.