Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
its the mom

New School Directors Announced

16 posts in this topic

Wow -- this is a big change.

Are they still involved with the other school mentioned in the article?

I know it is supposed to be official info only. I know one of their students, and the letter they were sent told them that they would do both. I am not sure how this is possible.

And the two videos they have posted sadly make me cringe.

I couldn't watch more than 30 seconds of each. What's with the awful music? (Though that's the least of their problems...)

I believe that they have produced one professional dancer - Esmiana Jani with Washington Ballet. Also, Anastasia has a son, Alex, who will be returning to PA Ballet this fall in the corps.

....and that is supposed to mix with Balanchine?----good grief!

As a professional in the ballet world and as someone with a deep allegiance to Pennsylvania Ballet may I say, the world of ballet is dancing Balanchine just as the world of ballet is dancing Petipa. A well trained dancer is needed to do both simultaneously. Whether or not these new directors of the School of the Pennsylvania Ballet are the right choice to implement Vaganova schooling is left to be seen. Merde to all!

On 7/27/2016 at 6:01 AM, its the mom said:

I know it is supposed to be official info only. I know one of their students, and the letter they were sent told them that they would do both. I am not sure how this is possible.

Apparently it wasn't possible to "do both" (that is, run their old school and the Pennsylvania Ballet school):

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/arts/More-turnover-at-Pennsylvania-Ballet.html

This turnover at PABallet is dismaying. 

Less and less of a Balanchine influence ... 

10 minutes ago, its the mom said:

Less and less of a Balanchine influence ... 

All the more disturbing, as the 2017-18 schedule includes the Balanchine Nutcracker, Jewels, and T&V.

http://www.paballet.org/upcoming-programs

Doesn't the Trust send somebody out to rehearse works, even if the company already knows them? And one wonders how many of the continuing dancers do know all of these.

1 hour ago, California said:

All the more disturbing, as the 2017-18 schedule includes the Balanchine Nutcracker, Jewels, and T&V.

http://www.paballet.org/upcoming-programs

Doesn't the Trust send somebody out to rehearse works, even if the company already knows them? And one wonders how many of the continuing dancers do know all of these.

Yes, they normally do send someone if there is nobody on staff qualified to teach and rehearse it.  I wonder the same thing about the dancers - cannot imagine the aesthetic of it all.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0