This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

In town for Reyes' debut in Sylvia-(formerly for Osipova)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

Reyes is 40 already-(is she the oldest at ABT...?)-,

If Wikipedia can be trusted, I think Julie Kent at 44 is oldest. Herrera was born in 1975, Kent in 1969, Murphy in 1979. I can't find a birthdate for Reyes in a quick Google. A few more: Vishneva 1976, Cojocaru 1981, Semionova 1984.

#17 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

Reyes is 40 already-(is she the oldest at ABT...?)-,

If Wikipedia can be trusted, I think Julie Kent at 44 is oldest. Herrera was born in 1975, Kent in 1969, Murphy in 1979. I can't find a birthdate for Reyes in a quick Google. A few more: Vishneva 1976, Cojocaru 1981, Semionova 1984.

Reyes' age came via a friend who studied with her at the ballet school. So Kent is 44...wow. Good for her!

#18 ABT Fan

ABT Fan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Kent will be 44 on July 13th.

#19 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

Hi Christian! I wasn't planing to go to the Sat night performance, but now it looks like I'll be there. Would love to meet for a drink after. Where?

#20 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hi Christian! I wasn't planing to go to the Sat night performance, but now it looks like I'll be there. Would love to meet for a drink after. Where?

Weeell..YOU are the NYer, so I'm open to suggestions..! happy.png  Is there a low key joint around the LC to have a couple of drinks..? (Nothing fancy...you know...)

#21 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

Weeell..YOU are the NYer, so I'm open to suggestions..! happy.png  Is there a low key joint around the LC to have a couple of drinks..? (Nothing fancy...you know...)

The only low key place I can think of is PJ Clark's. They're usually packed pre-performance, dont know what they're like after. Why don't we meet at intermission and figure it out. If you're up in the balcony we can meet there.

#22 mimsyb

mimsyb

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:35 AM

The only low key place I can think of is PJ Clark's. They're usually packed pre-performance, dont know what they're like after. Why don't we meet at intermission and figure it out. If you're up in the balcony we can meet there.

Try Indie.  It's in the same space as the Film Forum (under the stairs).  Very good both pre and post show.  Sometimes a few dancers show up.   Less noisy than P. J's.

#23 Caesariatus

Caesariatus

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Anway...the gathering proposal is still being offered!  So, this is me down below, for ID matters.

https://www.facebook...istian.rey.5249

I think I saw you in the balcony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):