This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

David Wall

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Sorry Helene, there's a problem with that Guardian link

#17 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,555 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

It was posted in the LInks on Wednesday, along with a number of obits and appreciations.

Another nice trove of pictures of Wall can be found in the Keith Money book "The Royal Ballet Today."  The main company was away so Money focused more than usual on the farm team, particularly on Wall, often seen with his regular partner Doreen Wells. I think he's on the cover, too. There's also a striking sketch by Money of Wall in "The Two Pigeons."

#18 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

This news is so sad, David was a very dear friend of mine when I worked with the Royal Ballet,  he was a really lovely guy.  My heart goes out to Alfreda and his children and grand children. He would sit in my parents lounge eating bacon sarnies with other friends in the company, when we returned back off tour. It is so hard to believe he has gone. I watched a dvd of Manon on 18th June, without realsising why I felt extra sad, it has that effect on me. As soon as I heard it made it all the more poinient.

#19 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

By the way reference Keith Money's book "The Royal Ballet Today"  there is a picture I am in, featuring  the wardrobe room, back to the camera, sitting round a high table  with the other girls.    It was  taken before I finished my apprenticeship and moved to the Touring Company.

#20 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,661 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

I'm so sorry that you've lost a friend.  When you feel up to it, we'd be happy to hear anything you'd like to tell us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):