NYCBallet Promotions

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SCchck

SCchck

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Ashley Bouder just posted on Facebook: "Lots of promotions at NYCB! Gina Pazcoguin, Ashley Laracey, Lauren King, Lauren Lovette, Megan LeCrone, Brittany Pollack,Justin Peck, and Taylor Stanley to soloist. Adrian Clay, Ask La Cour Rasmussen, and Chase Finlay to principal! WOW, what a list!!!! Congratualtions to all!"

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

That's very exciting news: :flowers: to them all.

Thank you for posting, SCchck!

#3 AlbanyGirl

AlbanyGirl

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

Wow!!! I'm impressed! Congratulations, Dancers!!. Keep up the great work.

#4 jsmu

jsmu

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

LONG overdue for Pazcoguin, a wonderful and magnetic dancer. Lovette, King, and Stanley all have lots of talent--King is, at her best, simultaneously soft and precise.
Way too soon for Finlay, but one hopes the promotion will help him mature. Felicitations to all the promoted dancers.

#5 jerryb

jerryb

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Where did Adrian Clay come from? Googled the name and only found Facebook page which I can't access. He's not listed on NYCB website.

Congratulations to all.

#6 Juliane

Juliane

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'm assuming it is Adrian Danchig-Waring. What a wonderful group of dancers! Congrats!

#7 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

If you click on his linked name in the quote of Bouder's post, you'll find a Adrian Clay's Facebook photo.

#8 SCchck

SCchck

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Yes, Adrian Danchig-Aring. Clay is his middle name and the name he goes by on FB ~ So happy for each and every one of them!!!!

#9 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Wonderful news for all. Just noticed in my program for tonight that Lovette is the newest Janice Levin award winner . (That info is not even on the NYCB website.) I feel sorry that Lydia Wellington is not among the people promoted. Lauren King was positively radiant tonight as Florine.

#10 vipa

vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Wonderful - The ranks of he soloists have been rather thin, so I figured it was coming. I have to say I'll miss seeing some of these people in corps parts!

#11 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

Lauren King - FINALLY! Fantastic news for all concerned.

#12 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

My deep gratitude for Stanley Taylor's promotion. I think he has the ability to convey very deep emotions and commitment, plus an excellent line and fabulous footwork (of course I'm referring to his "Square Dance.") An actress friend of mine said that when he made his entrance in that solo, you felt he was coming from somewhere, and going to somewhere else.

#13 cobweb

cobweb

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

Very welcome news and highly deserved for ALL of them! I'm surprised and gratified by the large number. It was clear that some of these people were on a direct path to the top (Finlay, Lovette, Stanley), and it has seemed recently like they were "auditioning" a number of possible additional soloists. Laracey, Pazcoguin, LeCrone, King, Pollack, and Peck all made outstanding impressions recently, and I was wondering which one or two might be plucked out for promotion, and sad at the idea that any would be left behind. What a great surprise that they just promoted the whole batch!!
Megan LeCrone suddenly emerged as a very intriguing dancer in Serenade and Swan Lake. Ashley Laracey in that same solo in Swan Lake was lovely, and her gravity and seriousness of expression as slowly walked onto the stage during the second movement of Symphony in C were very moving. She just looks like a ballerina. Chase Finlay's catlike landings in Mozartiana are one of the indelible impressions I took from the season, along with Taylor Stanley's mesmerizing clarity in everything (esp Symphony in C, but really everything). Adrian Danchig-Waring is one of the most exciting dancers in a company where there is no shortage of terrific men, and Ask La Cour has long struck me as a very interesting dancer.
The one dancer who wasn't included that I have to single out is the lovely Gwyneth Muller. I so appreciate her beautiful smile, expressive face, and the sheer graciousness of her dancing.

#14 LiLing

LiLing

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

I am especially pleased for Pazcoguin. She is an outstanding actress in a company that doesn't always value that. Congratulations to all!

#15 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

Congrats! I'm especially excited for Lauren Lovette who's blown me away in everything I've seen her in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):