This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Backstage at the Paris Opera

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

Let me add my thanks for posting these links--I enjoyed them a lot.

#17 cygneblanc

cygneblanc

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

http://www.lightmedi...ruary/opera.pdf

Here's a very interesting (and in english! ) reportage of 21 pages on POB's school's backstage

#18 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:21 PM

Thank you for that link as well--some wonderful photographs. But I'm not sure I would exactly describe the language as "English" -- more like "translationese"...

#19 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:22 AM

:P Thank you again for all this, I am really looking forward to going to see Aurelie Dupont in Oneguin, it looks brilliant from the very small snippets from the series.

#20 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

Is there a public backstage tour of the Paris Opera? Obviously one wouldn't get to go everywhere those cameras did, but still... is there a tour? I've heard mention of some such thing from time to time, but don't know they still are given.

#21 cygneblanc

cygneblanc

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:43 AM

No, there isn't, unless you're a member of the AROP. Howewer, these tours may be given in special circumstances.

#22 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:47 AM

[:(

There is a tour of the front of house, you can join a conducted tour with a guide, in either french or english, or as an alternative you can go around on your own. This also includes any exhibition on at the time. this costs 7 or 8 euro's. However the interior is extremely dark, so you need good eyesight. It would be wonderful to be able to see backstage, and I would love to see an Etoile's class.

#23 jonellew

jonellew

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:47 PM

In the final report we follow the excitement of the audience attending the 'Jeunes Danseurs' program including, most touchingly, an accompanying husband won over to the art form and the parents of Héloïse Bourdon watching their daughter perform the White Swan adagio.

http://tf1.lci.fr/in...a-l-opera-.html

Thanks for these. I think this was my favorite. I don't understand most of the French but am so glad I caught the words of the awed audience member (the woman who brought her husband): "La reve de ma vie."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):