This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Bolshoi 2005 Met Season

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:56 PM

Any news on what they are going to bring to the Met season?

#2 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:52 AM

Is there any news on a Met season? Any dates?

#3 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 10:49 AM

:jump: Will standing room be available???? :)

#4 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:31 PM

ABT will end its Met season on 7/16/05 while Bolshoi will end its OCPAC run on 7/17/05, so Bolshoi will most likely start its Met season a few days later.

Although I don't mind the usual suspects like SL or DQ, I'd like them to bring something that's seldom performed in the West. I hope they'll bring Pharaoh's Daughter and I'd like to see their Beauty.

What'd you like them to bring? May be they'll listen and grant our wishes. :rolleyes:

Were standing rooms available when Maryinski was here?

#5 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:44 PM

Has this been officially announced?

#6 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 06:19 PM

Has this been officially announced?

Not in a sense there's a press release. I got this from a friend in the Times so it's pretty accurate. Lincoln Center won't release any information regarding the 2005 Lincoln Center Festival until early next year. There's special 'New Season' section in the Sunday Times usually published the first weekend after the Labor Day long weekend, it'll list all the events in the up coming season: opera, dance, theater, B'way, museum exhibits, architecture, TV, movies....etc. If it's published in the Times, it's pretty much semi-official.

#7 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 06:49 PM

So, it hasn't been published. I'm only questioning because several years ago everybody was saying the Royal Ballet was going to be at Lincoln Center in 2002, then 2003. Finally, it was 2004. The same thing with the Kirov - they were supposed to come 2001, but it was really the next year. When the rumors about the Royal were circulating, everybody said this year (2004) was supposed to be the Bolshoi. That's why I'm questioning.

#8 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 07:07 PM

Anyway, Mikhail said the Bolshoi is touring the US in the fall (put together by ICM). They are doing Don Q. and Raymonda.

#9 art076

art076

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 08:55 PM

Not to add to the speculation too much, but evidence surrounding the Bolshoi's currently anounced summer engagement for 2005 does make it certainly look likely that the Bolshoi might be headed for the Metropolitan Opera House for the summer. They have an anounced engagement in Orange County in July, and after touring the US extensively in the fall, it would seem unlikely for them to return solely for Orange County next summer. So it must be Orange County plus something - and the Met certainly seems like a likely choice. But I guess we'll have to assume nothing until an anouncement comes...

#10 Françoise

Françoise

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 01:22 AM

I read in a Tsiskaridze interview that Bolshoi could take "Queen of Spades" of Roland Petit to allow to him to dance in next fall.

#11 fandeballet

fandeballet

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 11:06 AM

I would be careful about planning to see the Bolshoi at the Met w/ SR tickets. But, it is the Bolshoi!!!!!!! I work at the Met. As soon as I find out how the advanced ticket sales are going, I will let everyone know. Advanced ticket sales were very poor for the Ashton at the Met. The Ushers were not notified about the no standing rm. policy until opening nite on 7/6!!!!!! I will now start asking around earlier in 2005- since this was the 1st time in my time there, that no SR was sold for a Ballet
run. Of course, my memory could be faulty!!!!!!!! :blink: :wacko: :blushing:

#12 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:47 AM

Anyway, Mikhail said the Bolshoi is touring the US in the fall (put together by ICM).  They are doing Don Q. and Raymonda.

Well, currently they're scheduled to perform their new Romeo and Juliet in Seattle October 27-28 (following up with Don Q for three nights). The dates seem firm right now, but it's certainly possible that the programming could change.

#13 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 09:13 AM

I realized I forgot something in my above post: The Bolshoi are doing Don Q. and Raymonda in Boston.

#14 rkoretzky

rkoretzky

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 04:41 AM

I'd love to see them in NY next summer, but let's hope they don't bring R&J!

#15 Mashinka

Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 07:17 AM

but let's hope they don't bring R&J!

Do you mean the latest version? Don't forget they currently have three Romeo and Juliet's at their disposal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):