This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Gregory Hines

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 catlady

catlady

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 03:07 PM

Well, I find it really obnoxious that they had room to print a story in the Style section about a millionaire who was married to two women at the same time but couldn't find room to write even a small appreciation of Gregory Hines.
The man contributed alot to not only film and tv but to dance too. I know countless boys who took up tap after seeing Gregory Hines in "White Nights" as well as the film "Tap." I'm willing to bet that if Alan Kreigsman wasn't retired from the Post there would have been an appreciation. Sorry if I sound a bit hot under the collar, but for some reason it really got to me. It just seems like such a snub.

#17 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,455 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 06:54 AM

I quite understand, and may I suggest you write a tartly worded letter to the editor? It might be worth reminding them that the Style section readers who follow cultural matters as well as or instead of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous need some attention, too. :)

#18 novamom

novamom

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 08:28 AM

Catlady, I'm personally very glad that you brought this subject up. And, Dirac, your idea is a very good one. As a result I will also write a terse :angry: e-mail t the editor. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):