This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT Swan Lake at Kennedy Center 2024

Ticket sales for ABT's annual visit to the Kennedy Center February 21-25 are, to say the least, brisk. The Saturday and Sunday shows currently only show handicapped seats available (unused handicapped seats are usually released to the general public a day or 2 before the performance), and only the Friday matinee performance is less than around 90 percent sold.

2 hours ago, YouOverThere said:

Ticket sales for ABT's annual visit to the Kennedy Center February 21-25 are, to say the least, brisk. The Saturday and Sunday shows currently only show handicapped seats available (unused handicapped seats are usually released to the general public a day or 2 before the performance), and only the Friday matinee performance is less than around 90 percent sold.

That's very good news--

5 minutes ago, YouOverThere said:

Not for those of us who have difficulty making plans and schedules much in advance and who are used to attending 2-3 performances.

Oh dear! That is a problem...I will say that if one has the stomach for it, then turn-backs are often the best seats in the house.  (As indeed are many of the handicapped seats released at last minute.)

I used to have the stomach for it, but I have to admit not anymore --certainly not when I'm traveling to a different city for a performance. 

Anyway, wishing you good luck with the tickets!

3 hours ago, MoMo said:

I recently saw on Instagram that Irina and Max are rehearsing Corps. de Ballet member Luigi Crispino as Purple Von Rothbart. 

This is good to hear. Some time ago Brandt posted on Instagram some clips of rehearsals with Crispino (I think it was of Don Q) and I thought he was excellent in both technique and aplomb.

6 hours ago, MoMo said:

This is excellent news. I recently saw on Instagram that Irina and Max are rehearsing Corps. de Ballet member Luigi Crispino as Purple Von Rothbart. 

I wonder if he’s a cover, or if he’s actually performing. I’ve been hoping for a while that he’d get cast as purple Rothbart 

According to the Kennedy Center website, the leads are scheduled as:

Wed - Boylston/Camargo

Thu - Teuscher/Ahn

Fri matinee - Misseldine/Bell

Fri evening  - Seo/Stearns

Sat matinee - Brandt/Cornejo

Sat evening - Hurlin/Whiteside

Sun - Shevchenko/Royal

1 hour ago, balletlover08 said:

So glad I saw this as I just purchased tickets! Planning to see ABT in person for the first time Friday Matinee (an O/O debut just seems so fun). 

Exciting all around! It would be great to read your impressions of the performance --

On 1/22/2024 at 5:43 PM, balletlover08 said:

So glad I saw this as I just purchased tickets! Planning to see ABT in person for the first time Friday Matinee (an O/O debut just seems so fun). 

Please give us a full report on Chloe's Friday matinee debut. She has the best possible partner for her debut (Aran Bell). Rehearsal clips this morning on Instagram.  So wish I could be there!

ABT posted Purple on 1/25.  Benno+2 by instagram when ABT site had 8 LWFC? Tickets were like tracking hurricanes with some shows essentially NA 6 weeks out. 1/30 sold out.

ABT's only tour shows Jan-July are the KC7 + CA5. Major reduction from 2023 and 2022 had DQ on tour.    KC: dynamic pricing is back, the 24/7 online subscriber exchange is not yet active, no specifc  programming for what used to be BAA.    

Edited by maps
-

I have tickets to see this performance. I purchased them before I knew the casting.  Oddly enough I purchased front row seats which I haven't done in ages.  At the Kennedy Center you can't see feet from the front row but decided to go for it anyway.   Now I'm glad that I did.

13 hours ago, California said:

Please give us a full report on Chloe's Friday matinee debut. She has the best possible partner for her debut (Aran Bell). Rehearsal clips this morning on Instagram.  So wish I could be there!

Oh of course, I would be so happy to! What did you think of the rehearsal clips? I found it interesting that Susan Jaffe seems to be coaching Chloe herself, Cat hurlin seems to have hired outside help in Irina/Max to rehearse and Teuscher's clips had Irina K. in the background. Edit: Also saw Shevchenko was coached by Irina/Max and I assume Skylar is also. I wonder if Irina/Max have been hired on or are the dancers paying for the coaching? 

Yes, feels like Jaffe has given Chloe the best possible partner for her debut. But I believe Jaffe debuted herself with Alexander Godunov on the Met stage right? So she probably felt it was important to debut with a strong partner especially since Chloe's still pretty young for a recent ABT O/O debut. 

Edited by balletlover08
53 minutes ago, balletlover08 said:

But I believe Jaffe debuted herself with Alexander Godunov on the Met stage right? 

I saw Jaffe's debut with Godunov! It was at the Kennedy Center in December 1980. Kirkland and Bissell had just been fired by Baryshnikov, then brand-new as artistic director. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1980/12/12/susan-jaffes-dream-debut/fa16a829-c923-4761-a089-cb793e4b1de6/

8 hours ago, YouOverThere said:

All 7 performances are now sold out - 3 weeks in advance.

Well, I hope this will help resolve their contract issues (based on other thread discussions) for these dancers and musicians.

21 minutes ago, DPell said:

Breanne Granlund, Lea Fleytoux and Jake Roxander, are dancing the Pas de Trois (no dates listed) per Breanne’s instagram. I think this is a debut for Lea and Jake. On February 23 Paulina Waski, Sierra Armstrong and Kento Sumitani are dancing the Pas de Trois https://www.instagram.com/p/C28Kg3PA9Jl/?igsh=MTluZ3J0dWF0MXRmcA==

https://www.instagram.com/p/C22nuaLAYTn/?igsh=dzEwMGZoMXV6OWR0

Great to hear. Definitely a debut for Roxander.