This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Mere Mortals - Program 1

Principal Casting is now posted for Mere Mortals - CASTING: MERE MORTALS - San Francisco Ballet (sfballet.org)

Friday, January 26, 8:00 PM

• Pandora: Jennifer Stahl
  • Prometheus: Isaac Hernández
  • Epimetheus: Parker Garrison
  • Hope: Wei Wang

Saturday, January 27, 2:00 PM

• Pandora: Nikisha Fogo
  • Prometheus: Joseph Walsh
  • Epimetheus: Esteban Hernández

Saturday, January 27, 8:00 PM

Sunday, January 28, 2:00 PM

Tuesday, January 30, 7:30 PM

Wednesday, January 31, 7:30 PM

• Pandora: Nikisha Fogo
  • Prometheus: Joseph Walsh
  • Epimetheus: Esteban Hernández

Thursday, February 1, 7:30 PM

Information on Mere Mortals - MERE MORTALS - San Francisco Ballet (sfballet.org)

Rush tickets are available for the Saturday matinee and the weeknight evening performances - use the code LETSGO.  More information on the link above under RUSH FOR ALL.

The evening performances include a post performance dance party with a live DJ.  Last night was a lot of fun!!  

I will post my thoughts on the program after watching today's performances.

Went last night and honestly I'm still not sure what I thought of it all. Gorgeous dancing, clever concept. I'm just too much of a classical music fan to have enjoyed the whole musical score, but hey, at least the SF Ballet Orchestra was part of the sound-experience. Parker Garrison and Jen Stahl were just stunning in their pas de deux. Many amazing ensemble sections. Great dancing everywhere. I think it's a clever way to open the season and the audience vibe was very enthusiastic. So that's all good for the SFB. It's just ... yeah, I'm still not sure how much I liked it and liked how it made me feel. (Except that it made me feel old, LOL.)

On 1/27/2024 at 7:53 PM, dirac said:

Thank you for posting, Terez. Looking forward to reading the reports of others as well.

I understand those feelings quite well. :)

Dirac, I just PM'd you a link to my just-published review at Bachtrack, for your reviews/links page (in case you see this thread before you check your messages).  And for everyone else, I posted a full review of the production at Bachtrack (and they don't like me to reprint elsewhere, so I shall be coy and refrain from contributing more of my thoughts here).

On 1/29/2024 at 12:04 PM, Terez said:

Dirac, I just PM'd you a link to my just-published review at Bachtrack, for your reviews/links page (in case you see this thread before you check your messages).  And for everyone else, I posted a full review of the production at Bachtrack (and they don't like me to reprint elsewhere, so I shall be coy and refrain from contributing more of my thoughts here).

Terez, as a longtime poster here, you are welcome to pop into threads to let us know when you've written for Bachtrack, with a link to your review.