This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Miami City Ballet 2021-2022 season

Great opportunities at every level in a story ballet, with multiple starring roles and multiple "best supporting" roles, kids in the production, so chances for stage experience and intense engagement, plus relatives and family friends buying tickets, beautiful sets and costumes, gorgeous music, comedy and pathos, What's not to like?

The timing of the Ratmansky Swan Lake is rough for me, but I am pondering....part of my difficulty is work schedule (February, not April, is the cruelest month) and part is that I prefer to plan way ahead of time if I am traveling (best seats, best airfares etc.) but am reluctant to do so with so many unknowns on the Covid front....I am starting to doubt whether I will see much ballet even in 2022...I know others are more intrepid than I!

20 minutes ago, Drew said:

The timing of the Ratmansky Swan Lake is rough for me, but I am pondering....part of my difficulty is work schedule (February, not April, is the cruelest month) and part is that I prefer to plan way ahead of time if I am traveling (best seats, best airfares etc.) but am reluctant to do so with so many unknowns on the Covid front....I am starting to doubt whether I will see much ballet even in 2022...I know others are more intrepid than I!

I would LOVE to see what they do with the Ratmansky, especially after seeing it in Milan a few years ago. But my wariness is not just COVID per se -- it's the quite outrageous hostility to common sense precautions (vaccines, masks) that I see from that Governor. Unless that changes very quickly (which seems unlikely), I will be skipping Miami for at least the coming year, if not longer. I'm planning trips to NYC, DC, and San Francisco and maybe Segerstrom in the next year. (No announcement of the Segerstrom ballet series yet, but a hint of the ABT Nutcracker, which I would love to see again as a way to see several new favorites -- Bell, Brandt, Shevchenko, Hurlin).

1 hour ago, canbelto said:

Lauren Fadeley is leaving:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS1t3BfjB2_/

This is a very smart move. Kansas City Ballet (and their affiliated school/academy) is a very impressive regional company. They have collaborated with Colorado Ballet on some productions (e.g., the Wizard of Oz) and I know two of their artistic staff/faculty, who are sorely missed since they left Colorado Ballet a few years ago. 

https://kcballet.org/

Well, after going back and forth about a dozen times I just bought tickets for the Broward Swan Lakes. They are requiring proof of vaccine or negative test & face masks, which makes me feel a little more confident. And I will need some beach time at the end of February!