This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sleeping Beauty casting - Winter season week 2

From the company:

Casting subject to change

New York City Ballet Principal Casting January 9 - 14, 2007

Tue. Eve. Jan. 9, 2007 at 7:30 pm

The Sleeping Beauty [bRISKIN]+ Princess Aurora: BOUDER Prince Desire: *MILLEPIED The Lilac Fairy: HANKES The Fairy Carabosse: ASHLEY The Fairies: Tenderness: LARACEY Vivacity: RIGGINS Generosity: ARTHURS Eloquence: DRONOVA Courage: MULLER The Jewels: Gold: HANNA Diamond: REICHLEN Emerald: PECK Ruby: SCHELLER The White Cat: ZUNGRE Puss in Boots: SUOZZI Princess Florine: A. STAFFORD The Bluebird: HENDRICKSON Little Red Riding Hood: ^GOROKHOV The Wolf: SETH The Court Jesters: *CARMENA, LAURENT, PEIFFER

Wed. Eve. Jan. 10, 2007 at 7:30 pm

The Sleeping Beauty [KAPLOW]

Princess Aurora: *M. FAIRCHILD Prince Desire: *DE LUZ The Lilac Fairy: *BAR The Fairy Carabosse: KOWROSKI The Fairies: Tenderness: *COLLINS Vivacity: SCHELLER Generosity: KROHN Eloquence: ZUNGRE Courage: BARAK The Jewels: Gold: ORZA Diamond: LOWERY Emerald: RIGGINS Ruby: DRONOVA The White Cat: KING Puss in Boots: RAMASAR Princess Florine: PECK The Bluebird: ULBRICHT Little Red Riding Hood: ^HANAFUSA The Wolf: R. FAIRCHILD The Court Jesters: HENDRICKSON, SEVERINI, VILLALOBOS

Thur. Eve. Jan. 11, 2007 at 8 pm

The Sleeping Beauty [bERNAS]+ Princess Aurora: *HYLTIN Prince Desire: *J. STAFFORD The Lilac Fairy: MEARNS The Fairy Carabosse: BARAK The Fairies: Tenderness: LARACEY Vivacity: KING Generosity: ARTHURS Eloquence: PISKIN Courage: BAR The Jewels: Gold: HANNA Diamond: KROHN Emerald: PECK Ruby: A. STAFFORD The White Cat: DRONOVA Puss in Boots: ORZA Princess Florine: *SCHELLER The Bluebird: *PARADISO Little Red Riding Hood: ^GORAKOHV The Wolf: TWORZYANSKI The Court Jesters: CARMENA, LAURENT, PEIFFER

Fri. Eve., Jan 12, 2007 at 8 pm

The Sleeping Beauty[KAPLOW] Princess Aurora: WHELAN Prince Desire: HÜBBE The Lilac Fairy: SOMOGYI The Fairy Carabosse: ASHLEY The Fairies: Tenderness: COLLINS Vivacity: KING Generosity: ARTHURS Eloquence: PISKIN Courage: MULLER The Jewels: Gold: *T. ANGLE Diamond: REICHLEN Emerald: PECK Ruby: A. STAFFORD The White Cat: ZUNGRE Puss in Boots: SUOZZI Princess Florine: *DRONOVA The Bluebird: VEYETTE Little Red Riding Hood: ^HANAFUSA The Wolf: SETH The Court Jesters: ULBRICHT, PARADISO, SCHUMACHER

Sat. Mat., Jan. 13, 2007 at 2 pm

The Sleeping Beauty [bRISKIN]+ Princess Aurora: BOUDER Prince Desire: MILLEPIED The Lilac Fairy: HANKES The Fairy Carabosse: BARAK The Fairies: Tenderness: COLLINS Vivacity: RIGGINS Generosity: KROHN Eloquence: DRONOVA Courage: BAR The Jewels: Gold: HANNA Diamond: LOWERY Emerald: PECK Ruby: SCHELLER The White Cat: KING Puss in Boots: RAMASAR Princess Florine: A. STAFFORD The Bluebird: HENDRICKSON Little Red Riding Hood: ^GORAKHOV The Wolf: SETH The Court Jesters: +SUEHARA, PARADISO, SCHUMACHER

Sat. Eve., Jan. 13, 2007 at 8 pm

The Sleeping Beauty[KAPLOW] Princess Aurora: M. FAIRCHILD Prince Desire: DE LUZ The Lilac Fairy: BAR The Fairy Carabosse: KOWROSKI The Fairies: Tenderness: LARACEY Vivacity: KING Generosity: ARTHURS Eloquence: PISKIN Courage: MULLER The Jewels: Gold: T. ANGLE Diamond: KROHN Emerald: PECK Ruby: A. STAFFORD The White Cat: DRONOVA Puss in Boots: ORZA Princess Florine: SCHELLER The Bluebird: PARADISO Little Red Riding Hood: ^GORAKHOV The Wolf: R. FAIRCHILD The Court Jesters: HENDRICKSON, SEVERINI, VILLALOBOS

Sun. Mat., Jan. 14, 2007 at 3 pm

The Sleeping Beauty[bERNAS]+

Princess Aurora: HYLTIN Prince Desire: J. STAFFORD The Lilac Fairy: REICHLEN The Fairy Carabosse: ASHLEY The Fairies: Tenderness: HANKES Vivacity: RIGGINS Generosity: KROHN Eloquence: ZUNGRE Courage: BAR The Jewels: Gold: ORZA Diamond: LOWERY Emerald: PECK Ruby: A. STAFFORD The White Cat: KING Puss in Boots: RAMASAR Princess Florine: DRONOVA The Bluebird: VEYETTE Little Red Riding Hood: ^HANAFUSA The Wolf: TWORZYANSKI The Court Jesters: ULBRICHT, LAURENT, PEIFFER

*Debut

+Guest

^SAB Student

As usual, check www.nycballet.com/casting/casting.html for updates.

Can't wait to see Princess Aurora: *HYLTIN with Prince Desire: *J. STAFFORD. I wasn't here to see their Nutcracker Grand Pas during the last week of Nuts perfs, but I wish I had. I can definitely see this partnership working very well. Ditto with Princess Florine: *SCHELLER and The Bluebird: *PARADISO.

Oh good! Some very exciting new casting for the 2nd week of Beauty.

This is the digital age, Stanley. :flowers: If you're willing to put in the work, you can copy, paste & reformat.

Wouldn't it be something if we could copy, paste and recast?

Copy, paste and reprogram?

Oh, the possibilities (but still in the future) are endless.

This is the digital age, Stanley. :flowers: If you're willing to put in the work, you can copy, paste & reformat.

Wouldn't it be something if we could copy, paste and recast?

Copy, paste and reprogram?

Oh, the possibilities (but still in the future) are endless.

We can already, carbro. The only problem is that it won't have the slightest effect on what happens at the State Theatre.

Doesn't Sofiane generally take this time of year off to appear with the Het, her other company, and spend time with family?

I believe you're right on this. But the past two years she seemed to return to NY to coincide with the start of the winter rep. I think I saw her in a mixed bill the first or second week in Jan 2005 and last year in a Swan Lake, and they were early in January, no?

So I was just assuming I understood her pattern.............

Of course her schedule is her own to put together; still I'm disappointed not to see her in SB

Jennifer Dunning had an interesting review of Sleeping Beauty and seemed to like the performance she saw, but lamented that the 3 acts have been shortened into 2. Although she felt Balanchine and Kirstein's presence, my sense is that she feels Peter Martins' mark is clearly there in this version.

Sounds like Dunning liked the dancing, but her review pales in comparison to the BT ones. Mentioning who danced a part is hardly a "review"... but getting one's name in the NYTimes is not a bad thing I suppose.

Sounds like Dunning liked the dancing, but her review pales in comparison to the BT ones. Mentioning who danced a part is hardly a "review"... but getting one's name in the NYTimes is not a bad thing I suppose.

I could use a few Ballet Talk reviews of Wednesday's and Thursday's performances. We had a tantalizing comment about Thursday night in an earlier post. I have been thinking about seeing Jenifer Ringer on Saturday night. Should I reconsider? I was also thinking of seeing Whelan next week...