mnacenani

Hallberg Replaced By Shklyarov For Manon !

Posted (edited)

Morera has been off sick for a couple of weeks now. I hope that it is nothing serious. While it is truly disappointing that she is unable to dance on opening night Hayward, her replacement, made a very auspicious debut with Watson when the ballet was last scheduled. We will get quite a lot of opportunity to see her with Bonelli as he is scheduled to replace Watson who was due to dance with Hayward later on in the run. Cast changes are an essential part of life's rich pattern as far as ballet going is concerned. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes when illness or injury overturn casting pairings which generally appear pretty permanent you get to see something which is unplanned and special. We shall see tomorrow whether we have been given an unexpected winning ticket in the Royal Ballet's dancing lottery.  .

Edited by Ashton Fan

I know, fellow AshtonFan, but this was most likely to be their(Morera and Watson's) last run of Manon.  I'm heartbroken. 

On 3/28/2018 at 3:55 AM, Gnossie said:

So?  That's what Roland thought about Vasiliev, HIS opinion. I am in my right to disagree with him, as I did for the last few years of his life. 

Also, one would think that nobody knows better than the choreographer himself but I've seen more than a couple choreographers do some very debatable choices.  

So that. I am also in my right to present various opinions, especially quote those of the author of the works himself, which, at least to me, carry a lot of weight.

Of course Ivan Vasiliev has put on weight since Petit saw him.............

Morera is a lovely dancer, and that will be a loss, but I've read so much praise for Hayward that it should be a great evening.