This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Highest Paid Principals

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

Kent took two leaves-of-absences to have both of her children.  But, since she was still an employee of the company, how can that slow down her seniority track and affect her salary?  Is that a union thing?

I'm not familiar with the ABT contract, but with other union contracts I do know something about, a leave of absence stops the clock on accumulating seniority steps, retirement credits, etc. until you return to work.

#17 ord7916

ord7916

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

Maybe it's true, but it's hard to imagine maternity leave stopping the clock on seniority and salary.   Would that happen to a teacher?  

#18 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,329 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

A school teacher's contract is likely to be different than a dancer's contract, although I've worked for companies with pensions and various stock schemes, and parental leave -- as opposed to the period defined as medical leave and possibly disability leave -- stops vesting and matching contributions, just as periods of not working affect Social Security calculations.

MacKenzie's comment about not paying anyone more than the maximum reminds me of Beverly Sills' comment that she didn't negotiate her fees: she would only take the highest fee on the scale, whatever that was.

#19 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

Maybe it's true, but it's hard to imagine maternity leave stopping the clock on seniority and salary.   Would that happen to a teacher?  

There are universities where that stops the tenure clock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):