This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

2015 US Tour

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

Covent Garden season usually ends around early to mid June, so it seems DC will be the first stop of the tour.

#17 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

Royal Ballet dates for the Kennedy Center were announced today. June 9-14.

I guess they will be stopping in New York after the Kennedy Center.

RB will be in Chicago June 18-21 with Don Q: http://www.auditoriu...hp?event_id=520

NYC will be the last stop after Chicago. It seems RB will compete with ABT head on, my worst fear. I have to choose between NYCB and ABT early in the season, I really hate being forced to pick between 2 companies again. It will be ABT 75th anniversary season, I assume ABT will pull out all the stops.

#18 kbarber

kbarber

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

Royal Ballet dates for the Kennedy Center were announced today. June 9-14.

I guess they will be stopping in New York after the Kennedy Center.

RB will be in Chicago June 18-21 with Don Q: http://www.auditoriu...hp?event_id=520

NYC will be the last stop after Chicago. It seems RB will compete with ABT head on, my worst fear. I have to choose between NYCB and ABT early in the season, I really hate being forced to pick between 2 companies again. It will be ABT 75th anniversary season, I assume ABT will pull out all the stops.

does anyone have any idea when Lincoln Center is likely to announce the specific dates for each program (ie Don Q and the Mixed program, presuming RB is doing both in NY?)

#19 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

It depends on whether the tour is part of Lincoln Center Festival. LCF announced its lineup in March in the past but it's January this year. If the tour is not part of LCF, it's up to the touring company, i.e. Mik announced its Nov. NYC tour last month. Bolshoi announced its NYC schedule, then removed it from its website and put it back after LCF announcement, it seems LCF request its participants not to announce their lineups until LCF does. LCF usually starts early July after its resident companies finish their annual residencies, if RB comes to NYC immediately after Chicago, it may not be part of LCF.

#20 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

The dates for RB visit are too early for the LCF, so I think it will just be a rental of the Koch.

#21 kbarber

kbarber

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

It has been announced that RB will be touring Chicago, DC and NYC June 2015

http://www.chicagotr...0,480967.column

The Royal Ballet will present Carlos Acosta's production of “Don Quixote," a triple bill of Wayne McGregor's “The Art of Fugue,” Christopher Wheeldon's “Aeternum," and a still-in-progress piece from choreographer Liam Scarlett, which will premiere at the Royal Opera House in London in Feb. 2015. The Auditorium will be part of a three-city, 2015 tour of the United States that also includes the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., and the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York.

Looks like only Don Q in Chicago and Washington now, according to the Auditorium Theatre and Kennedy Center websites. Does anyone know if the triple bill might still be on for NY? The Lincoln Center website is, typically, unhelpful. It doesn't even mention the Royal Ballet!

#22 roses

roses

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

Yay! I used to live in London, and imo, RB is the top/best ballet company in the world. Now that I live in NYC, the ABT does not measure up. 

#23 maps

maps

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:18 AM

Open Rehearsal tickets went on sale today at The Kennedy Center: Mariinsky 1-27-15, Royal Ballet 6-9-15.   They sell out very quickly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):