This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Opening Night Gala Spring 2010

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:01 AM

NYCB's website indicates that the opening night Gala will consist of the new Ratmansky ballet and the new Millipied ballet. By the way, has anyone received subscription tickets yet? I have more than one subscription (exact renewals of prior seasons), and my credit card was billed in Feb. 2010. I have not yet received any tickets. What takes them so long!?

#2 DeborahB

DeborahB

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:50 AM

NYCB's website indicates that the opening night Gala will consist of the new Ratmansky ballet and the new Millipied ballet. By the way, has anyone received subscription tickets yet? I have more than one subscription (exact renewals of prior seasons), and my credit card was billed in Feb. 2010. I have not yet received any tickets. What takes them so long!?

I haven't received my several subscription tickets yet either. However, I did receive individuals tickets to the "Farewell" performances today
(I'm attending three out of the four).

#3 E Johnson

E Johnson

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:57 AM

I haven't received my several subscription tickets yet either. However, I did receive individuals tickets to the "Farewell" performances today
(I'm attending three out of the four).

Same here. Frustrating as the box office is open and I want to swap some of my subscription tickets as soon as they come!

#4 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

I haven't received my several subscription tickets yet either. . . .

Same here. Frustrating as the box office is open and I want to swap some of my subscription tickets as soon as they come!

My single tickets, ordered on-line Monday morning, April 5, and post-marked April 5, just arrived in U.S. Mail (Thursday, April 8). I'm surprised that subscription tickets were so slow in arriving. But I do wish they would switch to the on-line ticket printing system used at the Met (and also at San Francisco Ballet, Vail Dance Festival, OCPAC, etc.).

#5 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:02 AM

I received single farewell tickets this week, but still no subscription tickets. I think this is the longest I have ever waited to receive my spring season subscription tickets. Since I have to exchange several of them, the delay is very annoying. I called the subscription office, and was told that they are "in the process" of mailing out the subscription tickets "shortly". Either they are very understaffed, or very inefficiently run. Either way, they do not treat their subscribers very well. Other organizations mail subscriber tickets early, and also give subscribers priority exchange privielges before the box office opens to the public. Here, they first mail the tickets to subscribers after the box office opens to the public. Also, other organizations (NY Philharmonic) have a system in place whereby you can exchange subscription tickets on line and just mail in the ticket you are exchanging. No such option at NYCB! When they split their season into 3 separate subscription seasons (instead of 2) for the 2010-2011 season, how in the world will they keep up with that workload!?

#6 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:05 AM

Has anyone received subscription tickets yet. I still have not.

#7 E Johnson

E Johnson

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:04 AM

Nope. And i'm ten blocks from the theater, so its not the USPS. Extremely frustrating; however, i have a strong suspicion that the subscription department is understaffed. I deal with them by phone often and, in crunch times, it appears they are working around the clock, and not getting a lot of help. I agree that an option to download one's tickets would be preferable. After all, they have to already know which seats are taken by subscribers if they can sell single performance tickets.

#8 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,349 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:13 AM

Nope. And i'm ten blocks from the theater, so its not the USPS. Extremely frustrating; however, i have a strong suspicion that the subscription department is understaffed. I deal with them by phone often and, in crunch times, it appears they are working around the clock, and not getting a lot of help. I agree that an option to download one's tickets would be preferable. After all, they have to already know which seats are taken by subscribers if they can sell single performance tickets.

Your post reminded me that it's been decades since I'd go to the box office, ask for tickets, and the ticket person go to the little cube for that date, pull out a packet of color-coded tickets held together with a rubber band, and flip through it to find the best seats. It was all so analog.

Is NYCB fully online? I remember in past years that I'd "purchase" tickets online, which was actually a ticket request, and the actual seats were assigned the following business day(s). For years, there were few box office and online systems that were integrated.

#9 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:21 AM

NYCB's online ticketing system has been problematic in the last 2 years, in my experience. I ordered twice on line. Once, the tickets they handed me when I arrived at the Box Office were different from the seats that were in my order confirmation. I couldn't complain, because the ones I received were actually better than the ones I had ordered, but it was very strange. The second time, I was overcharged on my credit card, and I would never have known about it but for the fact that I check my monthly statements very carefully. NYCB immediately refunded the amount of the overcharged to my card once I contacted the Box Office, but it was very strange and unsettling. I wonder how many other people may have been overcharged who do not carefully check their statements, and may have never even realized it.

#10 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

Your post reminded me that it's been decades since I'd go to the box office, ask for tickets, and the ticket person go to the little cube for that date, pull out a packet of color-coded tickets held together with a rubber band, and flip through it to find the best seats. It was all so analog.

:D Last season, I ran into Julio who, way back in the 20th century, used to run one of the Theater Right elevators and now runs the gift bar. I told him how I missed his old spiel, "Third Ring! Green tickets only, third ring!" and how, even if anyone came on the scene with something akin to his flair, they couldn't be as colorful, because the tickets aren't. :(

#11 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:01 AM

I'm still awaiting receipt of subscription tickets from NYCB. I just got off the phone with the subscription office. They are mailing them out based on the series number, so the higher the series number, the longer the wait. They are in the process of mailing tickets for Series 12. I still have not received Series 12 or Series 17. Incredible.

Also, the casting for opening night and for Sun May 2 is up on the NYCB website. Sara Mearns is doing double duty. She is cast in both new ballets on the opening night.

#12 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:34 AM

I was looking at K. Morgan's twitter page, where she reports that Janie Taylor is injured and apparently may be replaced by K. Morgan at the opening night spring gala in the new Millipied ballet.

Update : K Morgan's twitter page was updated. She confirms that she is replacing Taylor at the Spring Gala in the new Millipied ballet.

#13 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:46 AM

There was an article in yesterday's NY Times that discusses the 7 new ballets which are being choreographed this season, in case anyone is interested

#14 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:12 AM

There was an article in yesterday's NY Times that discusses the 7 new ballets which are being choreographed this season, in case anyone is interested

Here it is, for those who missed it in our LINKS forum.
http://www.nytimes.c....html?ref=dance

#15 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:39 AM

Opening night gala ticket discount code: MVS10. 3rd ring ticket discounted from $72 to $32.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):