17 replies to this topic

#16 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,434 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

if mem. serves Balanchine's will left MEDITATION, DON QUIXOTE and TZIGANE to Farrell.

#17 perky

perky

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:34 AM

I FINALLY get to see Meditation in Ann Arbor this fall! :)
Yeah for me!!

This is very good news. It seemed like the Interpreter Archives tapings had stopped for awhile. Does anyone know if Patricia McBride or Eddie Villella have taped any of these?

#18 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

Villella was taped coaching Rubies & Tarantella ... I believe it's still in the pipeline...

http://balanchine.or...hine/index.html

Wasn't "Meditation" one of the few, if the only, ballet to which Balanchine willed the rights to Farrell? I don't know whether she turned the rights over to the Balanchine Foundation, as while most people did, not everyone did.

I believe you mean the Trust rather than the Foundation. It gets confusing, but it's the Trust that oversees the rights to ballets while the Foundation.. hmm... their mission statement from the website now looks pretty broad... I thought they were a non-profit to support the quality of the Balanchine legacy, but they don't license the ballets, even if they work to keep the quality up, they don't have a say in who gets and who doesn't get the ballets... I believe...

Here's the Trust's website: http://www.balanchine.com/

Balanchine.org = Foundation
Balanchine.com = Trust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):