This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Week 2 Casting

Program and Casting Subject to Change

* First time in role

+ Guest Artist

# SAB Student

JANUARY 11-16, 2005

TUESDAY EVENING, JANUARY 11 AT 7:30PM

Ballo della Regina: BOUDER, DE LUZ, HYLTIN, EDGE, SCHELLER, RIGGINS

Intermission

Todo Buenos Aires: WHELAN, KISTLER, BOCCA+, EVANS, NEAL, MARTINS, TEWSLEY+ [McDill]

Intermission

Musagète: WHELAN, KOWROSKI, ANSANELLI, TEWSLEY+, FOWLER, LIANG, HANNA [Chelton]

WEDNESDAY EVENING, JANUARY 12 AT 8:00PM

Square Dance: FAIRCHILD, BOAL

Intermission

Stravinsky Violin Concerto: ANSANELLI, MARTINS, WHELAN, SOTO [Nikkanen]

Intermission

Tschaikovsky Suite No. 3:

Elegy: BAR*, HANNA

Waltz: RUTHERFORD, FAYETTE

Scherzo: BOUDER, GOLD

Theme: SYLVE*, ASKEGARD

THURSDAY EVENING, JANUARY 13 AT 8:00PM

Square Dance: TAYLOR*, MARCOVICI

Intermission

Stabat Mater: KISTLER, WEESE, RINGER, SOTO, MARTINS, BOAL [burton, Walker]

Intermission

I'm Old Fashioned: RUTHERFORD, KOWROSKI, RINGER, HIGGINS, J. ANGLE, MARCOVICI

FRIDAY EVENING, JANUARY 14 AT 8:00PM

La Source: WEESE, MILLEPIED, BOUDER

Intermission

Todo Buenos Aires: WHELAN, KISTLER, BOCCA+, EVANS, NEAL, MARTINS, TEWSLEY+ [McDill]

Intermission

Carnival of the Animals: LITHGOW+, KAYALI*, ASKEGARD, NICHOLS, FAYETTE, TAYLOR*, RUTHERFORD, BARAK*, HIGGINS, REDPATH [Grant, Walters]

SATURDAY MATINEE, JANUARY 15 AT 2:00PM

Tschaikovsky Suite No. 3:

Elegy: BAR, HANNA

Waltz: RUTHERFORD, FAYETTE

Scherzo: BOUDER, GOLD

Theme: SYLVE, ASKEGARD

Intermission

Polyphonia: WHELAN, WEESE, ANSANELLI, TINSLEY, SOTO, LIANG, HALL, FOWLER [Moverman, Walters]

Intermission

I'm Old Fashioned: RUTHERFORD, KOWROSKI, RINGER, HIGGINS, NEAL, MARCOVICI

SATURDAY EVENING, JANUARY 15 AT 8:00PM

Divertimento No. 15: FAIRCHILD, TAYLOR, RUTHERFORD, BOUDER, WEESE, NEAL, J. ANGLE, HIGGINS

Intermission

Stabat Mater: KISTLER, WEESE, RINGER, SOTO, MARTINS, BOAL [burton, Walker]

Intermission

Carnival of the Animals: LITHGOW+, KAYALI, ASKEGARD, NICHOLS, FAYETTE, TAYLOR, RUTHERFORD, BARAK, HIGGINS, REDPATH [Grant, Walters]

SUNDAY MATINEE, JANUARY 16 AT 3:00PM [Kaplow]

The Four Temperaments: ARTHURS, VEYETTE, BARAK*, FROMAN*, HANSON, FOWLER, SUOZZI*, SYLVE, ASKEGARD, la COUR, REICHLEN

Intermission

Intermission

Carnival of the Animals: LITHGOW+, KAYALI, ASKEGARD, NICHOLS, FAYETTE, TAYLOR, RUTHERFORD, BARAK, HIGGINS, REDPATHY [Grant, Walters]

Besides all the big names (I'm excited to see Sylve in T&V and Bar in the first movement of the Suite, along with some other things), it looks as if Martins is going to see which male dancers he can count on when Boal and Soto retire, which (if that is indeed his plan) is a good idea. Froman is getting his first big role since Duke and Suozzi too in 4ts.

:D I am thrilled to be seeing Janie tonight, the 6th. Will this be her breakthrough to pricipal year?

JI(M

:wink:
Week 2's Cast is posted on NYCB's site.

On Wednesday Ellen Bar does her first Elegie in Suite 3; Sofiane Sylve debuts in Theme. 

Janie Taylor fans will be happy to see that she debuts in Square Dance on Thursday.  On Sunday, Sean Suozzi steps into Melancholic in Four T's.

--Carley

jimmattimore: I share your enjoyment of Janie Taylor and I know you are as pleased as I am that she has come back from her injury and she looks GREAT! Her Dewdrop this winter was on a sensational level, and she was no less gorgeous in DIVERTIMENTO #15. She is already a principal in everything but name, one of the most exciting dancers - I think - ever to grace the stage of the NYS Theatre.

Casting update:

updated New York City Ballet Principal Casting for the week of January 4 through 9, 2005, please note the following program change:

-------------------------------------------

THURSDAY EVENING, JANUARY 6

THE FOUR TEMPERAMENTS (Balanchine) (replaces POLYPHONIA): Arthurs, J. Stafford, Riggins, Ramasar, Tinsley, Orza, Boal, Ansanelli, Hanna, Evans, Reichlen [C] [McDill]

------------------------------------------

It looks like the Polyphonia casting for the Sun mat. changed, as well, with Taylor and Evans making their debuts. Whelan is still listed for the Eifman piece right afterwards.

Polyphonia: *TAYLOR, WEESE, ANSANELLI, ARTHURS, *EVANS, LIANG, HALL, J. STAFFORD

Casting update:

updated New York City Ballet Principal Casting for the week of January 4 through 9, 2005, please note the following program change:

-------------------------------------------

THURSDAY EVENING, JANUARY 6

THE FOUR TEMPERAMENTS (Balanchine) (replaces POLYPHONIA): Arthurs, J. Stafford, Riggins, Ramasar, Tinsley, Orza, Boal, Ansanelli, Hanna, Evans, Reichlen  [C] [McDill]

------------------------------------------