mnacenani

Ratmansky Romeo & Juliet: Premiere Wed 22 Nov

14 hours ago, Quinten said:

It would be more correct to say that Obraztsova was ORIGINALLY cast for the Nov 26th performance.  She was asked to substitute for the dancers who were too exhausted to dance the Nov 24th performance and graciously did so.  Apparently to her surprise (as expressed in her Instagram), her original Nov 26 performance was then taken away from her so that Krysanova could keep her two performances. We'll never know what kind of machinations brought about that result, but to me it doesn't feel right.

That's what I thought, Quinten. Glad that Obraztsova got to dance the performance of the 24th and not just at dress rehearsals.

While Krysanova has many excellent qualities, she lacks the natural delicacy of Obraztsova for a Juliet but I am willing to be open minded. To me it is "No Contest" just having seen the "two Ks" live many times in different roles (and Obraztsova live in both the Lavrovsky and McMillan versions).

mnacenani, Obraztsova is much, much more than a "good" Juliet. :P 

Drew, has Obraztsova ever danced the Bolshoi Swanhilda? I think not although she should be fantastic in that role, IMO. However, I doubt that we will see her as Swanhilda unless miracles happen.

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Drew, has Obraztsova ever danced the Bolshoi Swanhilda? I think not although she should be fantastic in that role, IMO. However, I doubt that we will see her as Swanhilda unless miracles happen.

To my knowledge she has not. But I can't say I follow the Bolshoi closely enough to be sure.