This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Zelensky to Guest

I'm not sure if anybody will agree with me, but don't you think there is a certain point where a dancer just needs to turn in his shoes?  How old is he anyway?  like 45?

Kyra Nichols is, I believe the Times reported recently, 45. Does she need to choose her roles? Yes. Should she retire? not this season.

I'm not sure if anybody will agree with me, but don't you think there is a certain point where a dancer just needs to turn in his shoes?  How old is he anyway?  like 45?

Igor Zelensky is 33½ years old -- not exactly over the hill yet!

As far as needing to turn in his shoes goes.....I don't see any reason for it while he is still dancing so beautifully well.

I wonder what the reason is for your provocative post? :shrug:

Seems to me he's dancing more as a guest with NYCB than when he was a member. Am I complaining? Not at all (except that we didn't get enough of him before). I loved his dancing from my first view of him dancing Apollo with the Kirov when it first brought him to New York. And he has yet to give me a disappointing showing.

His Western last year was a hoot!

I don't understand the question of his age, as he hasn't, in the performances I've seen of him recently, shown the signs of said age (he's in his prime). His jump is still spectacular, he lands like a panther (silently) and partners like a dream. Add to that his stage presence and musicality and I'm at a loss as to why there is a question. Has he performed poorly recently? He's had major back surgery, but from the reviews of his appearances in California recently with the Kirov and from what I saw of him on the St. Petersburg 300th special, he's still one of the best male dancers around. !!