This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

In 1989 the CBC produced a dance film titled A Moving Picture featuring songs by Leonard Cohen (among others) and choreography by Anne Ditchburn and Robert Desrosiers performed by dancers of the National Ballet of Canada, including Lorraine Blouin, Nina Goldman (later a particularly successful Broadway gypsy), John Alleyne, Martine Lamy and Yolande Auger. This clip also includes a glimpse of composer Ahmed Hassan, the late husband of choreographer Peggy Baker.

Edited by volcanohunter

RIP. It's been a real Leonard Cohen kind of week, too.

I'm sentimental, if you know what I mean
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
And I'm neither left or right
I'm just staying home tonight,
getting lost in that hopeless little screen.
But I'm stubborn as those garbage bags
that Time cannot decay,
I'm junk but I'm still holding up
this little wild bouquet:
Democracy is coming to the U.S.A.

It is really too sad for words, cannot write anything coherent. I havent been able to take out all his records to play, that will have to wait until I get some perspective on the fact that a singer-

songwriter I admired to much is no longer with us. Now it is definitely too late for the Nobel Prize...

(There is still much talk in the press here about that Dylan thing - not sure yet it seems if he will attend or not. We will see what happens, I will report). 

2 hours ago, Pamela Moberg said:

Now it is definitely too late for the Nobel Prize...

(There is still much talk in the press here about that Dylan thing - not sure yet it seems if he will attend or not. We will see what happens, I will report). 

Oh, that is a powerful overlapping -- I hadn't thought of that.

3 hours ago, Pamela Moberg said:

pherank posted a link on the Dylan thread that said he was not going to show up owing to "pre-existing commitments." He doesn't seem to be turning down the prize outright, so he's still got to come up with a lecture at some point.